Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3697 3698 [3699] 3700 3701 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766628 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [???] It's like milk you can drink. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #55470 on: July 02, 2011, 10:29:36 pm »

Got that freaking Meatboy golden ticket (Medium Rare). That was not easy at all. At least I got it all A+ for good now, and under 500 seconds if I estimated correctly, as the achievement apparently accepts. Yeesh.

Also making more progress with SpaceChem, I've gotten to the point where I have to make schematics (on paper), pre-made plans (like a water separator (2H (1H at a time) and O, or H and HO) in order to beat the levels. My current level being the one where I have to produce rocket fuel (H2 and O2) and plutonium (Pu) to defeat a giant space squid thing. That was a brain burner, but I think I have a plan setup that requires 1 fusion reactor, 1 separator reactor (sensor reactor actually), and a combination/separator reactor, and the use of a pause node for the plutonium fusion reactor for precise control over the production of the plutonium.

On the bright side, if everything goes to plan, the plutonium production should be the only thing I should have my attention focused on.

EDIT
IT WORKED!!!! HUZZAH!!!! Complete control, and now I have a plutonium factory that uses only hydrogen to get it done. MWAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I'm now a Reactor Facility Manager.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 11:33:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55471 on: July 02, 2011, 11:04:14 pm »

[23:01:28] 了凉気: WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS WITH OLD MEN AND MOTHERFUCKING CAPES
[23:01:39] 了凉気: EVERY FUCKING TIME
[23:01:50] Jonah "Iceball3" Ceballos: Maybe they're all Kamina's dad or something?
[23:01:56] Jonah "Iceball3" Ceballos: Or trying to be like Kamina's dad?

It makes so much sense.
I mean, the old capes that I'm stocking are red tattered capes.
This guy hasn't even played the game to know what the old capes look like and he still came up with a reasonable explanation.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55472 on: July 02, 2011, 11:35:56 pm »

I got to the point where I just gave up because I had so much money that it wasn't fun anymore. Stupid professional sales background. :P

Haha, I don't have a sales background... but yes, I too found it staggeringly easy after the first time I screwed up (at which point I restarted the game, I believe, rather than getting the boost).

Something really good happened today.  I'll talk about it later, but something so mind-staggeringly good happened that I can't even talk about it, just feel it.

And something simple, but fundamentally important.

I am so glad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55473 on: July 02, 2011, 11:48:26 pm »

Tried Cataclysm for the first time.
 For a moment, I was a stoner, smoking marijuana and reading playboy while high, in the middle of a barricaded apartment during the zombie apocalypse.
 This is like the first time i tried Happy Wheels.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55475 on: July 03, 2011, 12:03:51 am »

Having a blast buying games on Steam. Looking to purchase some specials with may last few dollars. Just got Rettecear :)
Anyone played Magicka or Hoard? Recommend?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:06:02 am by Reelyanoob »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #55476 on: July 03, 2011, 12:14:28 am »

I don't have Hoard yet, but apparently my friend bought a four-pack and is gifting me a copy. Free stuff! :D
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55477 on: July 03, 2011, 12:15:54 am »

Don't buy Magicka if all you have is a laptop. They haven't optimized at all, and it lags like a mother fucker, especially when everything starts exploding.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55478 on: July 03, 2011, 12:16:02 am »

Magicka is a blast if you have someone to play it with, but a large part of the feel is the teamwork (Or lack thereof. >:D)

As for Recettear, I'm honestly kinda disappointed. Now that I've seen all the mechanics, it's just become a grind with the occasional loli joke or the like. Worth 5 dollars, sure, but not the 20 it's normally priced at.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55479 on: July 03, 2011, 12:25:14 am »

I play mostly to get more Recette x Charme fodder.
And I enjoy the grind of it.
It's well done grind.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55480 on: July 03, 2011, 12:34:54 am »

I painted my room but there is nowhere else to go. So I am sitting here in all the paint fume goodness.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55481 on: July 03, 2011, 12:36:52 am »

It is well made, but it just isn't something that can keep my attention for long enough to be worth it. And again, loli jokes. Something I'm not exactly fond of.

Anyways, just read the new TT story. ThreeToe really is a good writer. And 4th dimensional travel could be really cool.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #55482 on: July 03, 2011, 12:39:21 am »

I painted my room but there is nowhere else to go. So I am sitting here in all the paint fume goodness.
Breath it in man, it will be the wierdest night of your life. I've had a trippy experience involving taking to much Niquil, I woke up in the morning thinking my skin was made of paper and that if I sneezed something bad would happen.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55483 on: July 03, 2011, 12:53:25 am »

And again, loli jokes. Something I'm not exactly fond of.
Everyone likes loli jokes. But not everyone admits.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55484 on: July 03, 2011, 01:26:10 am »

So I spent most of the week playing Magic 2012, the latest game by Wizards of the Coast. This is a serious sequel to Duals of the Planeswalkers, featuring a lineup of decks that are actually half-decent and don't all suck except for 2 or 3; even more challenges that start off insultingly easy and then get brain-numbingly difficult; An archenemy campaign that lets you scream at how fucking bullshit the computer opponent is, and how useless your AI allies are for hours on end; and most important a much greater degree of freedom when it comes to customizing decks.

The difference between DotP and 2012 when it comes to deck management is that while DotP only let you switch in and out cards that you unlocked, 2012 lets you switch out any nonland card, including the default cards. It's not quite what every single fan of the original game was kicking and screaming for, that being complete deck control and deck building, but it's a step in the right direction.

I mean, seriously, atleast let me control the mana ratio! It's very important when factoring in mana curves!

So I spent most of my week playing it, and unlocked every card for all the decks, carefully laboring over the small details, cutting out the excess, and refining each one to it's full killing potential.

I just want to voice two concerns, on my two least favorite decks:

Apex Predators, the designated Monogreen beatdown fatties deck, is actually a huge downgrade from DotP's version of the same thing, if only because the fatties are neither fat or threatening enough. I mean, seriously, Teeth of the Predator had Vigor for crying out loud, and Apex Predators doesn't even have Blanchwood Armors. This is a really disappointing deck that doesn't grow very much with the unlocks. Let's hope that possible future expansions are kind to it.

Machinations, the designated artifact deck, is some bizarre blue-black-white... thing deck. I have no idea what to make of it. It has an awful lot of artifact creatures, but is very obviously not a beatdown deck since they don't scale up fast enough or well enough. It's not very control-y since it has like, what, 3 counters and 2 targeted removals? You'll be lucky to draw them, let alone have the correct mana to cast them with three colors and no land fetching besides the terramorphic expanses, which is flatout unacceptable to me. Also, there's a Darksteel Colossus in the deck... why's it even in there? I mean, yeah, it's pretty damn huge, awesome artifact creature, but it costs ELEVEN colorless! This deck has NO mana acceleration or any way to cheat it into play besides a single shape anew (and good luck with that!), so it would just take way way WAY too long to build up the lands naturally to hardcast it into play. I just took it out, since you'll never get it into play unless you're playing multiplayer with an ally that has a way to help you with either of those problems.

I managed to fine-tune the deck by taking out every single card that required white mana, thus making it into a blue black artifact control deck, even if not as great as DotP's version, which had four howling mines, which was always hilarious no matter what.

Ultimately, my favorite deck is either Ancient Depths, a Green-Blue hyper mana accelerating big fat fatties beatdown deck, this enables hardcasting legendary Eldrazi for the win on nearly any given match. Hell yes.

or Realms of Illusion a mono-blue control deck with lots of cheap illusion-type creatures that can be killed easily, but have great stats otherwise, plus lots and lots of things to force your opponents creatures back into their hands, counter them cheaply, and take control of them if all else fails. I love this deck because, on any give match, I am personally exclaiming "You can't do shit!" "It's time to be a dick to everyone all the time" "You are not allowed to have creatures, give me your creatures or go home".

Lastly, I want to personally speak with the man that decided to place Ember Shots into Unquenchable Flames. I want to ostracize him, and make him cry and feel remorse for his actions, because Ember Shot is probably the worst card in all of Magic the Gathering. Like, seriously, 6R for a lightning bolt and a card-draw? You're fucking kidding me.

And it was in DotP too! This is a repeat offence... this man deserves no mercy.

/MTGasm
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:29:34 am by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 3697 3698 [3699] 3700 3701 ... 13325