Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3676 3677 [3678] 3679 3680 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757317 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: [Science] Charlie and the larval horse. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #55155 on: June 29, 2011, 11:40:50 pm »

Wait, how, I thought...

Meanwhile, JAPANESE HUGGING ROBOT AND I WANT ONE SO BAD!

I just realised: this machine could be used to deliver long-distance hugs over Skype or something.
Both parties have a mannequin, and can deliver their hugs through the internet, to the other person's vest.
Digital hugs can never be as good as real hugs, though.
Real hugs aren't really as good if you can't give them though. Distance is a pretty major boundary here.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55156 on: June 29, 2011, 11:42:21 pm »

Hmm i sense a interesting plotline from this, TO THE BOOKS!!

*sits in front of notebook then figures out he hates writing*
damnit, another writers block, i will succeed one of my life's goal!

Really i could make a story, just need the inspiration....

Wait, how, I thought...

Meanwhile, JAPANESE HUGGING ROBOT AND I WANT ONE SO BAD!

I just realised: this machine could be used to deliver long-distance hugs over Skype or something.
Both parties have a mannequin, and can deliver their hugs through the internet, to the other person's vest.
Real hugs aren't really as good if you can't give them though. Distance is a pretty major boundary here.
Then the only solution is meet the person and hug them for the built up credit.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #55157 on: June 29, 2011, 11:45:10 pm »

Then the only solution is meet the person and hug them for the built up credit.
Of course, there are also time and maintained monetary constraints as well. Sometimes, it's just a little thing to show that you care for them, right?
Plus, having better technology always puts a nice little quirk in experiences sometimes.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55158 on: June 29, 2011, 11:46:21 pm »

It'll also be great for H-games. :D

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55159 on: June 29, 2011, 11:48:46 pm »

that was pretty much a obvious answer of what else they can do with it.
i think ill stick to the computer screen and keyboard if you don't mind.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #55160 on: June 29, 2011, 11:49:55 pm »

There's a pretty nasty constraint on hiking indoors... Unless you get one of those fancy ball treadmills where you could essentially simulate walking through said hiking environment. That and a headpiece that makes you see it too I guess. Of course, the hugbot could probably be the least important part of a hiking game.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55161 on: June 30, 2011, 12:16:49 am »

Xbox and anime.

Fun fun fun.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55162 on: June 30, 2011, 12:47:10 am »

Bay 12 made me happy today.

I've had less tha half a work day prowling around the internet for various reasons. In that time I've seen some of the most vile, wretched people speaking their terrifying delusions (perhaps that's not the right word, but it's my opinion that "opinion" is not a proper word when you're both influenced by an extreme case of myopia AND determined to shoot down everyone who shows a hint of disagreement with your belief that most if not all logical people follow your beliefs). You know what it's made me realize?

It's made me realize how happy I am to have this place. Eventually I'll have to move on to something else, but I'm very glad to have a place where I can be as elitist and opinionated as I want, and only shot down for the holes in my own logic.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55163 on: June 30, 2011, 12:52:29 am »

myopia
DAMN YOU TVTROOOOOOOOPES

There went my evening. And I blew my afternoon reading that one MSPFA that got linked a bunch of times recently in the MSPA thread. Productivity? What's that?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55164 on: June 30, 2011, 12:58:47 am »

DAMN YOU TVTROOOOOOOOPES

Look at the internet, now look back at me. Comic Sans is now TVTropes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55165 on: June 30, 2011, 01:06:31 am »

Bay 12 made me happy today.

I've had less tha half a work day prowling around the internet for various reasons. In that time I've seen some of the most vile, wretched people speaking their terrifying delusions (perhaps that's not the right word, but it's my opinion that "opinion" is not a proper word when you're both influenced by an extreme case of myopia AND determined to shoot down everyone who shows a hint of disagreement with your belief that most if not all logical people follow your beliefs). You know what it's made me realize?

It's made me realize how happy I am to have this place. Eventually I'll have to move on to something else, but I'm very glad to have a place where I can be as elitist and opinionated as I want, and only shot down for the holes in my own logic.

I've had a similar experience today, just not on the internet.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #55166 on: June 30, 2011, 01:36:07 am »

myopia
DAMN YOU TVTROOOOOOOOPES

There went my evening. And I blew my afternoon reading that one MSPFA that got linked a bunch of times recently in the MSPA thread. Productivity? What's that?
TVTropes, SCP Foundation, and High Octane Nightmare Fuel (all as visible separate tabs often swapped between for reference), stirred, not shaken. The cost: many hours and a potential lack of sleep for the next few days.

Conflicting thoughts considering the possibility that reality is falling apart, and less realistic things are actually more frequently visible: Even less sleep, and paranoia that the SCP Foundation could be real, and if not, should replace Warehouse 13 and Eureka on Syfy.

Knowing your imagination/creativity can be scary enough to diffuse several HONFs at once because they're HONFs themselves with your special touch (Example: SEE My Avatar.): Priceless.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:39:11 am by Itnetlolor »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55167 on: June 30, 2011, 01:46:30 am »

Blah, ended up getting tied up in a mission on Star Trek Online... guess how long it took...

5 Hours,

Yep that mission took 5 fucking hours for ONE Mission... blah but its good to finally have it done and get my Borg Bridge officer... off to bed...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:51:42 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55168 on: June 30, 2011, 04:11:53 am »

Hugged one of my friends, one of the best female fire performers in the world, and a total hippie, and she told me I smelled "good like a department store" and clung close.

Small things.  :D

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55169 on: June 30, 2011, 04:14:00 am »

Is that even a compliment? I need to add that one to the books. :))
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 3676 3677 [3678] 3679 3680 ... 13325