Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3568 3569 [3570] 3571 3572 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754022 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: [Headpants!] Things you wore on your head today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #53535 on: June 11, 2011, 07:21:03 pm »

Game was fun, Idiots were banned and cookies wine and rootbeer were consumed.

Good day so far :3
I remember when one of the players in my DnD group brought in some of his own plum wine. He thought it was about 13.5% ABV. After a few glasses we decided it was probably closer to 16. Play didn't get far that night.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53536 on: June 11, 2011, 07:47:02 pm »

Tenshi throwing around smitings like I do with cookies. Good times.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53537 on: June 11, 2011, 07:56:11 pm »

Ran another session of gurps. Bread nightmares and bread gags. And underwear, bound cultists, and intrigue. It's been kinda fun.

Heh...reminds me of an old Ars Magica game I was in where one of the characters took the disadvantage that all his spells needed a focus in order to cast (wands, gems, rare ingredients, etc.)

His focus category? Cheese. We laughed until he came up with the Ignem Fulgens d'Limburg.
He lit the cheese on fire and threw it at the enemy?

He magicked the cheese on fire. With the power of Latin.

Ars Magica could be hella fun if you had a group that knew a bit of medieval history. We had another character that was created before we reread the rules and realized there was a limit to the number of disadvantage points you could take. It was the ultimate min-max: A leper that was missing both legs and an arm, and had the evil eye. On the plus side, he was gifted in prophecy, sensing evil, cursing, and a few other oracular powers. And he was French. The character name was "Bob ze Beggar", but unofficially we referred to him as "the Magic 8-Ball".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53538 on: June 11, 2011, 07:56:57 pm »

Random minecraft and then me going crazy with power and smiting everyone with my smiting lightning was fun
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53539 on: June 11, 2011, 09:10:17 pm »

Video games.

And banhammers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #53540 on: June 11, 2011, 09:16:15 pm »

Quote from: Devlog
and squid men

Blub :3
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53541 on: June 11, 2011, 09:29:41 pm »

Just saw the new X-men movie. Not bad. Not great either, but not bad. Excellent interaction between X and Magneto, as well as good fight scenes. The overall plot... not so much. But still.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53542 on: June 11, 2011, 09:31:04 pm »

Just saw the new X-men movie. Not bad. Not great either, but not bad. Excellent interaction between X and Magneto, as well as good fight scenes. The overall plot... not so much. But still.

Did that one actually have Wolverine in it?  The posters I saw in Russia seemed to feature him, but then I think I saw a synopsis that didn't mention him at all... I'm quite confused.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53543 on: June 11, 2011, 09:33:07 pm »

It has a cameo by Wolverine.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #53544 on: June 11, 2011, 09:33:59 pm »

/holy shit this is the greatest thing anyone has ever made for a movie/

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53545 on: June 11, 2011, 09:36:04 pm »

Hurm.

Ehhhh... I didn't like how they handled the story in general, anyway, so I guess that decides it.  Just need to wait for the next Batman movie.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #53546 on: June 11, 2011, 09:42:13 pm »

That is fucking legendary.  And just a few seconds ago I was thinking "Wolverine is the least cool superhero ever, followed closely behind by every other Superhero."

Way to prove me wrong, Captain America.  What a badass.

Also great is this concept art wherein Captain America drones his trademark war cry: A deafening yet nasal and sonorous "HHHHHHWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53547 on: June 11, 2011, 09:45:28 pm »

Hurm.

Ehhhh... I didn't like how they handled the story in general, anyway, so I guess that decides it.  Just need to wait for the next Batman movie.
Yeah, wolverine shows up. They go around recruiting mutants for a bit. About halfway through they find him. It goes like this:
X: *walks in* "Hello, I'm Charles Xavier."
Wolverine: "Go **** yourself."
X: *walks away quickly*
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53548 on: June 11, 2011, 09:48:57 pm »

Meh.  Skiiiiiiip.

I mostly have allegiance to Wolverine due to childhood nostalgia and a deep love for burly men in spandex getting the crap beaten out of them (and, you know, taking revenge).  Oh, well.  I thought the movies were pretty cool when they first came out, but I'm a lot older now =/

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #53549 on: June 11, 2011, 09:55:56 pm »

[Captain America Poster]

/holy shit this is the greatest thing anyone has ever made for a movie/
Yes, an actual movie poster again. If they can spend millions on making a movie, have some pride and spend a few grand to hire a decent graphic designer to make you a damn decent poster.

<_<
>_>
-_o

EDIT:
BTW, my statement was about all other movies produced. Many of the movie posters looked like DVD box art. Captain America's movie poster, now that's art.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:31:59 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 3568 3569 [3570] 3571 3572 ... 13325