Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3518 3519 [3520] 3521 3522 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15807029 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [Operate!] Things Fran operated on you for today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #52785 on: May 31, 2011, 02:46:10 pm »

That actually sounds really cool. A good hike for class? Huzzah.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52786 on: May 31, 2011, 02:47:52 pm »

Yes in our lab geometry class we will be showing the rocks outside as we hike.  Do you get to break rocks open with a pick?

Ooo I just mixed geology and math together, oops.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52787 on: May 31, 2011, 02:57:48 pm »

Catching up on the thread, then I see this:
Also on this hand, an announcement on Facebook has just informed me that Code Lyoko, my favorite childhood show (that is to say, 4 years ago) is getting some form of new season.  I'm calling today a win so far.
Oh, hell yes. I loved that show. Even if it was french. >.>
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52788 on: May 31, 2011, 02:59:37 pm »

Yes in our lab geometry class we will be showing the rocks outside as we hike.  Do you get to break rocks open with a pick?

Ooo I just mixed geology and math together, oops.

Good class or BEST class?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52789 on: May 31, 2011, 03:02:16 pm »

Also on this hand, an announcement on Facebook has just informed me that Code Lyoko, my favorite childhood show (that is to say, 4 years ago) is getting some form of new season.  I'm calling today a win so far.
YES. That show was awesome!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52791 on: May 31, 2011, 03:23:21 pm »

Headquarters lost all power to building. This makes my job WAY easier. No juice, no problems.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52792 on: May 31, 2011, 03:23:47 pm »

About to do a physics boat competition, where we have 2 weeks to make a boat from paper, plywood sticks and paint.

EDIT: We won!!!

I remember doing something similar for my physics class in high school except it was cardboard and ductape. I could see about posting a video but I know the last time I tried that youtube didn't like the length of the full video.

YES. That show was awesome!
Also remember that show. Kinda liked it but maybe thats because I never really saw it consistently.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52793 on: May 31, 2011, 03:27:33 pm »

Headquarters lost all power to building. This makes my job WAY easier. No juice, no problems.  :D
Quote from: RedKing's Coworkers, in three minutes.
ReeeaaaadddddddKkkkiiiiinnngggggggg!!! We can't fix the powerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Help us help us helpushelpushelpushelpus! Where do these metal pronged things go should the switch be green or red why wont the lights come on i'm scared should I not have torn out these wires why wont you help us comon man...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52794 on: May 31, 2011, 03:31:16 pm »

I am kinda waiting to get calls like...

"My screen won't turn on."
"Are the lights on?"
"No."
"Is the air conditioning on?"
"No."
"What do you think all these phenomena might have in common?"
"Umm...what's a phenomena?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52795 on: May 31, 2011, 04:53:55 pm »

Daughter turned down a hotdog as a snack, opting instead for broccoli and carrots. I'm happy that she can even eat them, let alone liking them. ^_^
Did she tell you she liked them? She may not, but maybe she's actually really smart and forces herself to tolerate them like I do and did. I remember eating foods I hated when I was five because I was fully aware that they offered unique vitamins and minerals and I would be damned if I handicapped myself like the others in favor of more flavorful foods.

Get an IQ test we may be looking at a genius here.

She happily nomnom'd her way through almost 3 cups of broccoli and carrots. She really doesn't have a concept of "healthy food" yet, as she'd just as soon eat nothing but pretzels, or french fries, or cheese for lunch.  She amazes waitresses at every restaurant we go to, because she orders her own food. (Almost always a salad with black olives and lemonade.) We'll teach her about vitamins and minerals and healthy food soon, but her eating habits are good for now.

As far as the IQ test goes, they're really ineffective before about 5 or so. Toddlers tend to be extremely distractable, and a standard preschool-kindergarten test takes about 45 minutes. (I've done research, can you tell? :P) She's benchmarking (ha!) out to be almost ready for Kindergarten now (the only things lacking are her knowledge of the entire alphabet and her address.) Thanks for the kind remarks, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52796 on: May 31, 2011, 05:02:27 pm »

Not that IQ tests are reliable anyway...

Meanwhile, I continue to kick ass as Finland.
The Finnish Empire is the most glorious and expansive empire in the world.
Spoiler: Year is 1485 (click to show/hide)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #52797 on: May 31, 2011, 05:06:45 pm »

What game is that?  I'm guessing it's a Paradox strategy but the map style is weird.
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52798 on: May 31, 2011, 05:16:33 pm »

EUIII, DW, zoomed out, diplomatic mapmode.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #52799 on: May 31, 2011, 05:20:11 pm »

Damn, I wish my kid would eat healthy.  All he wants to eat is meat and candy and occassionally some breads.  I honestly believe he would rather starve himself to death than eat any fruits or vegetables, and will throw up if we manage to pressure him into it, which can take hours of coercion.  If he weren't diabetic, I WOULD starve him and see how long he lasts before giving in.  I tell him directly that he is going to kill himself by being such a picky eater, and he'll either flat-out disagree and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about or just say 'that's ok'. 

He is monumentally stubborn, exactly like his mom.  They believe what they want and never ever ever by swayed by any attempted influence until life itself punishes them with natural consequences.  Not even countless incidents of "I told you so" changes this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 3518 3519 [3520] 3521 3522 ... 13325