Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3489 3490 [3491] 3492 3493 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806467 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Cute!] Things Tielle cuterage!'d at today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #52350 on: May 25, 2011, 03:00:10 pm »

Actually... I was listening to some Christian talk program(the warehouse manager puts it on, I try to turn the radio off when he leaves the room) and he was saying that America and the Church were almost literally at war against an invasion of The Gay.

It's true. The 3rd Light Rainbow Brigade took up positions outside of town yesterday evening, and have been bombarding us with the sounds of the Village People overnight. The casualties are appalling.

No, I don't mean the death toll, I mean they have appalling fashion sense.
They do have an excellent navy recruiting program.
You know, as a kid I really liked that song. Now that I'm old enough to be horribly embarrassed by it... I still sort of like it, it's upbeat, and as my brother put it "something to sing while drunk"
For the record, I'm totally 100% straight, now if you'll excuse me I've gotta get back to watching my little pony like the rest of the straight lads.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52351 on: May 25, 2011, 03:16:50 pm »

My grandfather came up from Florida in time for my birthday.  Although it looks like that was just a coincidence, but whatever that's fine.  He said he'd come over for it Sunday.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52352 on: May 25, 2011, 03:23:20 pm »

Found some downtime in which to watch certain videos, although it means I can only type one-handed while I'm doing it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52353 on: May 25, 2011, 03:24:59 pm »

"Donating plasma"? Is that what the kids call it these days.....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52354 on: May 25, 2011, 04:00:06 pm »

Heh... I remember back when I donated plasma. Paid the rent for a few months, actually. If you run out of stuff to watch, Bauglir, you can always check out Academic Earth. Lots of neat lectures on there too.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Shoes...

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52356 on: May 25, 2011, 04:11:31 pm »

Using knowledge from Minecraft, Caves of Qud, and possibly Fallout, I stuck pretty much everything I needed in the basement for a tornado that never came.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52357 on: May 25, 2011, 04:16:21 pm »

Hmmm, noodle soup...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52358 on: May 25, 2011, 04:25:11 pm »

Nerdcore music

Indeed.  I wanted to like MC Frontalot, I really did.  Some of his stuff is entertaining, but I wouldn't really call it good music.  Ditto for Jonathan Coulton; he's a competent musician and song writer and props for it, but it's not really inspiring stuff.  Then again, I never really got why people liked They Might Be Giants so much except that they make entertaining and catchy songs, so it's obviously not my bag.

It's not like songs glorifying nerddom are exactly new either, depending on exactly what you want nerddom to mean.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52359 on: May 25, 2011, 04:26:25 pm »

Using knowledge from Minecraft, Caves of Qud, and possibly Fallout, I stuck pretty much everything I needed in the basement for a tornado that never came.
'Tree, blocks of dirt, stones, seeds, netherrack... purified water, antidotes.. 50 Drams fresh water... Yep. All here.'
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52360 on: May 25, 2011, 04:36:11 pm »

I was just given a list of writing prompts, one of which is about identifying with non-hero figures in a given story more than the designated heroes themselves.

Wow with a writing prompt like that, I wonder if they already had Avatar in mind.
Yeah, that's almost not-trying level, I'd say. Then again, I suppose it's not really difficult to find examples elsewhere.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52361 on: May 25, 2011, 04:43:27 pm »

I was just given a list of writing prompts, one of which is about identifying with non-hero figures in a given story more than the designated heroes themselves.

Wow with a writing prompt like that, I wonder if they already had Avatar in mind.
Yeah, that's almost not-trying level, I'd say. Then again, I suppose it's not really difficult to find examples elsewhere.
Yeah that's easy.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52362 on: May 25, 2011, 04:48:25 pm »

I'm not really sure where to put this, since Life Advice seems to be mostly for more serious things (which garner the most attention too) and I didn't feel that this needed a separate topic in GD.

Anyways, I need a prompt for an argumentative essay in English - preferably a position with some backing. Any ideas?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52363 on: May 25, 2011, 04:49:35 pm »

The position of government in society. GO!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52364 on: May 25, 2011, 04:51:06 pm »

I'm not really sure where to put this, since Life Advice seems to be mostly for more serious things (which garner the most attention too) and I didn't feel that this needed a separate topic in GD.

Anyways, I need a prompt for an argumentative essay in English - preferably a position with some backing. Any ideas?
Well, running with the current theme, I suppose you could argue that almost all works contain side characters more interesting or favorable to some audience members than the main one(s).

And I suppose as long as the prospect of writing the essay makes you happy it fits here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 3489 3490 [3491] 3492 3493 ... 13325