Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3266 3267 [3268] 3269 3270 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15790775 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: [Myon] Things that Yuyuko ate today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #49005 on: April 20, 2011, 01:31:21 pm »

Its the night sparrow, and she's had her foot eaten.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49006 on: April 20, 2011, 01:32:42 pm »

It'd have posted something from Life of Maid, but then everybody's die from moe overload.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:34:13 pm by Darvi »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49007 on: April 20, 2011, 02:45:28 pm »

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIITTTTT BROOOOOOOOO i completely forgot about their new album

Edit:
Ok, probably the most awesome thing i ever saw in music, a bunch of metalheads singing the pokemon theme song :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:57:49 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49008 on: April 20, 2011, 05:10:15 pm »

Found several good leads on well-paying part time jobs which actually relate to my interests and major.

Also found an entertaining short animation via Cartoon Death Zone; it's basically Scooby Doo meets superheroes, and for something on the web it's pretty dang good. I also rather like Harmony's nose.

Also also, updates on streaming Lion in Winter will be here. I'm aiming for Friday or Saturday, depending on what works best for folks. I'll also be showing HBO's miniseries based on A Song of Ice and Fire, and what might be the finale of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, soon as well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:19:10 pm by Solifuge »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49009 on: April 20, 2011, 05:17:28 pm »

I should probably try playing that again. Last time I checked, I was on the first generation storyline quest, and needed a party of three to do a part of it.
Plus, akimbo fluted short swords are awesome.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49010 on: April 20, 2011, 05:50:57 pm »

One of my friends called a gas station he lives near al-Qaeda Mart because a bunch of Muslims work there all day. It helped lighten my mood from the strange and sudden wave of depression I had.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49011 on: April 20, 2011, 05:52:23 pm »

:| at Jacob/Lee.

Although this makes me happy.  http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/20/terrorism.advisory.system/index.html?hpt=T2  Getting rid of the old color-coded system that was permanently stuck on yellow or orange, and replacing it with a system that says "Yeah there really aren't any alerts right now, you can go back to daily life and stop freaking out".
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49012 on: April 20, 2011, 05:57:56 pm »

Is there a problem with me thinking a racist and ignorant joke is funny?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49013 on: April 20, 2011, 06:00:12 pm »

You know, this is a moment where you could have gone "huh, apparently what I did bothers people here.  I wonder why."

Instead, you're acting aggressively.  Why don't you calm down and rethink things a bit?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49014 on: April 20, 2011, 06:05:10 pm »

You know, this is a moment where you could have gone "huh, apparently what I did bothers people here.  I wonder why."

Instead, you're acting aggressively.  Why don't you calm down and rethink things a bit?
I am wondering why, and I don't think I'm acting aggressively. If I am, then I'm sorry, I'm asking a simple question. I can't read emoticons as well as other people.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49015 on: April 20, 2011, 06:09:14 pm »

I am wondering why, and I don't think I'm acting aggressively. If I am, then I'm sorry, I'm asking a simple question. I can't read emoticons as well as other people.

Okay, cool.  Sorry, I thought you were being an asshole.  My bad.

The reason why laughing at that sort of stuff (racism, sexism, homophobia, blah blah blah) is a problem is because it basically creates association between other people's pain and humor, so that those who are oppressed have oppressors who, when hearing about them, can always think of a joke.  It creates a societal devaluation of other people's pain, which is an issue because mass society... already wants you to ignore when other people are suffering.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49016 on: April 20, 2011, 06:20:44 pm »

Yeah, not trying to harsh your happiness mellow by any stretch.  But I'm pretty sure my Muslim friends and coworkers wouldn't find that funny, and are in fact rather tired of those jokes, seeing as they're basically everywhere.

I mean, sure, it can be funny the first few times, and you can just roll your eyes for the next fifty times, but after a certain point...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49017 on: April 20, 2011, 06:51:23 pm »

[super late to conversation]

So, I was reviewing what I missed for the day, and I have to give my input. I took a 3 day, offline IQ "course" of tests, and came up with a 177 (145 is Mensa). I lol'd. Also, there is no way in hell that Vector's IQ would be lower than mine with the same control, given that her math score would probably outweigh my whole score. They tested a crapload of stuff, including logic puzzles, math, grammar, spelling, etc, etc. So, my two cents (which are probably worthless) are that IQ = lulz. They're probably worth less than astrological signs.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49018 on: April 20, 2011, 06:54:41 pm »

It's partly funny because so many people are ignorant and seem to ignore the fact that most Muslims aren't radical like the terrorists are.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 3266 3267 [3268] 3269 3270 ... 13325