Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3260 3261 [3262] 3263 3264 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794706 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno ate today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #48915 on: April 20, 2011, 01:35:49 am »

Meanwhile, having done a little bit of thinking about it while on a walk:
No more hello and especially no more hi, instead I say greetings or hail, sometimes heyo because I think it's cute, but that's completely unrelated

Instead of "Hail" use "Ave" the Latin version of Hail.  I used to use that all the time. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48916 on: April 20, 2011, 01:37:54 am »

Oh, Max, you wound me so.

Besides that, it was a pretty funny comic. I felt so bad for the kid.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48917 on: April 20, 2011, 01:39:06 am »

Meanwhile, having done a little bit of thinking about it while on a walk:
No more hello and especially no more hi, instead I say greetings or hail, sometimes heyo because I think it's cute, but that's completely unrelated

Instead of "Hail" use "Ave" the Latin version of Hail.  I used to use that all the time. :P

I will sometimes use 'salut' rather then hi. Maybe the only thing I remember from that class.
Oh, Max, you wound me so.

Besides that, it was a pretty funny comic. I felt so bad for the kid.

http://www.theslackerz.com/
Go read it, it will make you happy today! One of the best webcomics out there.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #48918 on: April 20, 2011, 01:43:12 am »

I'm laughing because so many people go hurrdurr you are brilliant, and I'm not even Mensa material according to this :D

... I hate the psychological establishment.  I don't think I've said that enough times recently.
I'm pretty sure 118 is like 90th percentile. So that's still damn good.

But yeah, you can't really trust online tests.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48919 on: April 20, 2011, 01:50:53 am »

IQ tests: The best test to take if you want to impress people with something that means absolutely nothing.

And by impress I mean make them think you are a dick.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48920 on: April 20, 2011, 01:54:18 am »

IQ tests: The best test to take if you want to impress people with something that means absolutely nothing.

And by impress I mean make them think you are a dick.

There are much better ways to make people think you are smart. Best being to program an app in front of them that just prints random buzz words, numbers and sometimes some characters, and pretend you understand this 'oh so meaningful' output.

Or, if you can't program, just play Dwarf Fortress. It has a similar effect.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48921 on: April 20, 2011, 01:56:15 am »

You don't need to program to do that.
It takes 30 seconds to change the cmd.exe colours to green on black and another 30 to write and run a batch file that loops outputting a random string of digits.
Ohyes.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #48922 on: April 20, 2011, 01:58:13 am »

There are much better ways to make people think you are smart. Best being to program an app in front of them that just prints random buzz words, numbers and sometimes some characters, and pretend you understand this 'oh so meaningful' output.

Or, if you can't program, just play Dwarf Fortress. It has a similar effect.
Yeah, IQ doesn't really impress anybody. It's what you produce that's impressive.

Besides, a number can't gauge how much useless crap I know about grammar. Now that's useful for impressing people with something that means absolutely nothing.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48923 on: April 20, 2011, 01:58:48 am »

It takes 30 seconds to change the cmd.exe colours to green on black and another 30 to write and run a batch file that loops outputting a random string of digits.
Ohyes.
But the true mastery of bullshiting people takes a life time to achieve.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48924 on: April 20, 2011, 02:01:39 am »

Ohyes.

Batch files are also good. Ideal, come to think of it, because then you can do it on their computer, proving that all the hard work was your own, and you didn't download something to achieve such output.
Yeah, IQ doesn't really impress anybody. It's what you produce that's impressive.

Besides, a number can't gauge how much useless crap I know about grammar. Now that's useful for impressing people with something that means absolutely nothing.

And if you can make people think what you produce is impressive, it is worth points. Although the problem is that in life some people really are very smart! Against them, it is best to have something that does have quality, else you look like a massive douche.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48925 on: April 20, 2011, 02:04:06 am »

Man, I've been playing Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry) since March 11th because of you Leafsnail dammit!  I have been doing nothing else since then and it's just crazy.  After over a month I'm quite far into episode 7 and I'll definitely be jumping on episode 8 when that is translated by Witch Hunt.

If I was to estimate a playtime so far I would have to say at least...60 hours?  It's so great too, man.

The best part is I'm gonna be playing the series 07th Expansion made before Umineko.  Which is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When the Cicadas Cry) and that'll be awesome too I hope.  Dem mystery murders man.

ZENZEN DAMASAN

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #48926 on: April 20, 2011, 02:09:19 am »

And if you can make people think what you produce is impressive, it is worth points. Although the problem is that in life some people really are very smart! Against them, it is best to have something that does have quality, else you look like a massive douche.
Even smart people can be pretty easily impressed. It's still rare to meet someone who's produced something of at least above average quality. And all that really takes is experience. Basically the trick is to get to know the person and then drop your work on them. Bonus points if it's relatively obscure.

I have been called a "brilliant poet" before. Even though I have written maybe twenty poems in my entire life.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48927 on: April 20, 2011, 02:13:05 am »

Oh lord, I've spent the last 3 hours on this laptop searching for Touhou songs.

They have some phat beats yo

/horribleimpressionofastereotypicalrapperguysorryforthat
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48928 on: April 20, 2011, 02:17:00 am »

Even smart people can be pretty easily impressed. It's still rare to meet someone who's produced something of at least above average quality. And all that really takes is experience. Basically the trick is to get to know the person and then drop your work on them. Bonus points if it's relatively obscure.

I have been called a "brilliant poet" before. Even though I have written maybe twenty poems in my entire life.

Fun fact: About half of all works produced are above average quality. Although your right in what your portraying in that the mass amount of works fall below the medium.

But yes, obscure is a powerful force, because it is hard to understand by definition, and anything tricky to understand is respected as being 'too smart for the audience'.

On a side note, today I found out about the life and times of Thomas Midgley Jr, and the fact that he had a short lived life made me pleased, in a disturbed environmentalist way.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48929 on: April 20, 2011, 02:29:04 am »

Oh lord, I've spent the last 3 hours on this laptop searching for Touhou songs.

They have some phat beats yo

/horribleimpressionofastereotypicalrapperguysorryforthat

Try this one that I, for whatever reason, keep getting stuck in my head.
Such a catchy song.
Pages: 1 ... 3260 3261 [3262] 3263 3264 ... 13325