Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3153 3154 [3155] 3156 3157 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755522 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #47310 on: April 13, 2011, 12:37:56 am »

Well. Maybe his gun has a jam, and he needs a mechanic to fix it?

I... I don't think Misha is quite ready for that...

D: D: D:
She has a shotgun, dont worry.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47311 on: April 13, 2011, 12:49:50 am »

Aww man Burnt, you really made me addicted to Oingo Boingo.

Weird Science is really releasing my inner scientist, chemistry is just running through my head now.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47312 on: April 13, 2011, 01:19:21 am »

In eighth grade, for our model constitutional convention, I managed to put in law, single-handedly, that only white men with property were allowed to vote, own slaves, be represented, and so on.  Not that they were allowed the vote, but that only these people were.  I managed to get other women going on misogynistic diatribes about the inefficacy and stupidity of women, and how it would be completely unreasonable to ever allow a woman control over anything.  I think I also greatly increased state rights, and our model was generally more Southern.  This occurred in a classroom in one of the most flamingly liberal areas in the US.

On the other hand, my ex-boyfriend managed to get the entire classroom to agree to slavery on a level I never managed (moral and economic), so props to him, I guess >_>

Let's see... I was also forced to argue for fluoridation in water being poison, against the other "designated smart kid," and campaign for Taft against Teddy Roosevelt, and debate for British Imperialism against colonial America.  Surprisingly, these all worked fairly well, other than the fact that my school had a ridiculous debate team, model UN, and math olympiad group, and it seemed like the same people were on all of these--while I attended none.

This would seem to be evidence that not enough critical thinking is being taught in schools. Not that that diminishes the accomplishments of convincing people to do things that, if they had any real-world consequences, would be horribly against their interests. Maybe it's just the women that I hang out with, but I think that getting other women going on misogynistic rants is even more impressive than getting people to agree with slavery. Slavery, after all, isn't remembered by many eighth graders.

On the happy thread topic, I got to discuss which interview questions would make candidates heads explode today, and demonstrated that ourinterviewing group has a very strange sense of humor.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47313 on: April 13, 2011, 01:24:44 am »

Well, time to go to bed, nice to catch Vector and help her a bit. Need to see if i can make the college do a archery contest tomorrow and still need to ask that girl out.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47314 on: April 13, 2011, 01:41:16 am »

Do you people need a Touhou thread?  :P

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47315 on: April 13, 2011, 01:42:26 am »

Do you people need a Touhou thread?  :P
its been done already

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47316 on: April 13, 2011, 01:47:52 am »

This would seem to be evidence that not enough critical thinking is being taught in schools.

Foregone conclusion, roffle >_>  Though perhaps it isn't so wise to place the burden of learning on the school system itself.  We can say that "critical thinking is not being taught enough in society," or perhaps "critical thinking does not have enough value in our society."

Of course, masses who can think critically are against the interests of folks in power who might fear their ability to depose them, so there you have it.  Trouble.  What was that saying... a mindless worker is a happy worker?

Not that that diminishes the accomplishments of convincing people to do things that, if they had any real-world consequences, would be horribly against their interests. Maybe it's just the women that I hang out with, but I think that getting other women going on misogynistic rants is even more impressive than getting people to agree with slavery. Slavery, after all, isn't remembered by many eighth graders.

I don't think that many eighth graders understand misogyny either, on the other hand.  I certainly didn't.  The secret was in making it transgressive, and fun--for once, they would receive acclaim for saying the terrible things about themselves that they always heard from others.  We all jumped on the opportunity to be cruel and turn against an unseen "other" group that, for once, wasn't us.  It was other people who were only interested in their looks, were too weak to do anything with themselves, who were vain, who were weak-willed.  We were all permitted to be men, whatever we thought that meant.  I was playing a guy who went insane and died not too long after the congress, so that was my excuse.  Says something sort of sad about our society in its larval stages.

On the other hand, the girls in that class had a "game" among themselves that would have constituted sexual harassment in basically any other context, so it really wasn't that surprising.

Well, time to go to bed, nice to catch Vector and help her a bit. Need to see if i can make the college do a archery contest tomorrow and still need to ask that girl out.

Good luck with both of those!  We're all eagerly anticipating your success.

... Dunno why, but I seem to just feel kind of randomly cheerful right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47317 on: April 13, 2011, 01:56:59 am »

Random cheerfulness, always help.

Damnit alex, go to sleep so you can wake up tomorrow >_>

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #47318 on: April 13, 2011, 02:08:02 am »

Mad Maxwell? Really?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47319 on: April 13, 2011, 02:10:32 am »

Blah blah some fucking short lived bullshit
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:52:58 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47320 on: April 13, 2011, 02:40:29 am »

Hm. I don't feel like absolute crap yet today.
Yay!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47321 on: April 13, 2011, 02:41:31 am »

Hm. I don't feel like absolute crap yet today.
Good.
:3c
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47322 on: April 13, 2011, 02:46:13 am »

I finally made it through all of this. Damn, even without the procrastinating that was an strenuous task, but the sister's songs really wasted my time.

Next up, IN.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47323 on: April 13, 2011, 03:05:47 am »

Women and misogyny

Most women I know are as misogynistic as any man, even the ones that show paladin support for feminist causes.  It disturbs me often.  In fact, most women I know will openly proclaim their hatred for their own gender in casual conversation, and will typically only have a couple other female friends and only pretend to get along with any others.  They fight so easily and every fight is so feral, and they're always so suspicious of each other.  Then they stand under a common cause, and nothing can get between them.  It's really bizarre.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47324 on: April 13, 2011, 03:09:15 am »

Women and misogyny

Most women I know are as misogynistic as any man, even the ones that show paladin support for feminist causes.  It disturbs me often.  In fact, most women I know will openly proclaim their hatred for their own gender in casual conversation, and will typically only have a couple other female friends and only pretend to get along with any others.  They fight so easily and every fight is so feral, and they're always so suspicious of each other.  Then they stand under a common cause, and nothing can get between them.  It's really bizarre.

Don't try to understand them, it isn't possible. Trust me on this.
Pages: 1 ... 3153 3154 [3155] 3156 3157 ... 13325