Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3110 3111 [3112] 3113 3114 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771167 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #46665 on: April 09, 2011, 02:19:39 am »

I hate it when a metal band uses sound effects. One or two per album, maybe, but over that and I can't take it too well.
I hate the way power metal and "metal" bands do it. As in, high pitched and fast.
I've never actually heard a power metal song that has a high pitch, fast sound effect.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46666 on: April 09, 2011, 02:21:16 am »

I hate it when a metal band uses sound effects. One or two per album, maybe, but over that and I can't take it too well.
I hate the way power metal and "metal" bands do it. As in, high pitched and fast.
I've never actually heard a power metal song that has a high pitch, fast sound effect.
Dragon Force. But that would probably fall more into the "metal" category, than the power metal category. Hell, I don't even know. With their sound, it's hard to tell the guitar from the keyboard. Hate.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46667 on: April 09, 2011, 02:22:42 am »

Dragon Force. But that would probably fall more into the "metal" category, than the power metal category. Hell, I don't even know. With their sound, it's hard to tell the guitar from the keyboard. Hate.
Dragon Force speed up their music in the studio. That's why the shitty sound effects are so fast.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46668 on: April 09, 2011, 02:25:11 am »

<Deleting quote pyramid>

I'm pretty sure they perform live at the same speed.

While missing many notes and generally failing. >.>

Edit: Okay, turning my sound down and trying to listen to them live to check it out...curiosity is a bad trait to have.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46669 on: April 09, 2011, 02:27:01 am »

<Deleting quote pyramid>

I'm pretty sure they perform live at the same speed.

While missing many notes and generally failing. >.>

Edit: Okay, turning my sound down and trying to listen to them live to check it out...curiosity is a bad trait to have.
I've heard them play live before on youtube. They hit a few notes wrong (an acceptable ammount) but they played slow, too. Oh, btw, some live performances on Youtube are fake. They're just the original song playing and a live thing in the background.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46670 on: April 09, 2011, 02:29:17 am »

I just checked them playing live. They actually completely skip some of the faster keyboard parts...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46671 on: April 09, 2011, 02:29:59 am »

I just checked them playing live. They actually completely skip some of the faster keyboard parts...
What about the rest of it? What would you rate the performance?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46672 on: April 09, 2011, 02:31:04 am »

What I heard from some people who saw them opening for Sonata Arctica is that, even though they're not good, they get the crowd excited and crap.
In other words, perfect for opening for another band.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46673 on: April 09, 2011, 02:39:34 am »

What about the rest of it? What would you rate the performance?
Technique: Mostly mashing two strings. The solos are definitely slowed down. The drummer is ok. The vocalist sounds less annoying, but his voice breaks on higher notes a few times (bwahahaha).
 Sound: Much better since you can't hear most of the shitty effects and the guitars sound like guitars... Still shit.

Actually, check them out yourself. It's much more bearable since the shitty sound effects are less noisy. It's like a change from Justin Bieber levels of crap to cheap pop levels of crap.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #46674 on: April 09, 2011, 02:50:37 am »

Guys this isn't a music thread...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46675 on: April 09, 2011, 02:51:04 am »

Guys this isn't a music thread...
The music's making us happy.

Or at least bashing it is.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46676 on: April 09, 2011, 02:51:50 am »

Burgers.

I am eating them.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46677 on: April 09, 2011, 02:53:16 am »

Burgers.

I am eating them.

Why, why do I keep misreading things. They were burgers not buggers.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46678 on: April 09, 2011, 02:53:58 am »

Man. I am going to admit. Janet's sig gif makes me happy.

I can watch that atomic raven girl play with the egg for minutes on end.

It does make me some what sad that I know it is a atomic raven girl though.
Pages: 1 ... 3110 3111 [3112] 3113 3114 ... 13325