Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3095 3096 [3097] 3098 3099 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781334 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #46440 on: April 07, 2011, 10:30:36 pm »

This made me happy today.
Rule 5 is my favorite.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46441 on: April 07, 2011, 10:40:57 pm »

This is why I hate internet arguments, I can't see how any intelligent person could like them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46443 on: April 07, 2011, 10:48:48 pm »

Erm, a virus tried to jump my computer when I accessed the site. It could have been an ad or something, but I'm warning everyone else to be careful on there, there is a reported virus on site.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46444 on: April 07, 2011, 10:53:37 pm »

First venture into SMP.
Not much MP and as a result, the S was limited to beds.
Still fun, though.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #46445 on: April 07, 2011, 11:10:36 pm »

First venture into SMP.
Not much MP and as a result, the S was limited to beds.
Still fun, though.
What is SMP?

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #46446 on: April 07, 2011, 11:17:20 pm »

It is presumably a devious way to steal free time Minecraft's Survival Multiplayer, based on how I've seen it used before. And the bed comment.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #46447 on: April 07, 2011, 11:38:12 pm »

Speaking of Minecraft, I can't wait until pistons are officially released. I came up with an awesome idea that involves stacking pistons, and firing them all simultaneously. I would assume that the stacked pressure release can make for one very swift and powerful mega-piston that can make for a chasing wall you can't outrun (along with other pesky 1-time trap triggers setup in halls and rooms; especially if you use mob spawners and such too. Mechanics are in the other thread). That, or Minecraft's equivalent to a railgun (especially if you have (a) sand/gravel block(s) being pushed by a piston wall (pushed by X piston walls) faster than the sand block can be pushed by a single piston). Hell yes.

It's a 1-time event, but it'll be one hell of an event. I forsee mech(a) designs, and complex factories (non-industrialcraft) coming when things get a little more complex than this.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:44:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46448 on: April 07, 2011, 11:44:50 pm »

Found this little gem in the ooc of a game I'm applying for on one of my play by post sites for DnD. Can't help but giggle everytime I read it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46449 on: April 07, 2011, 11:53:26 pm »

I GOT THE FUCKING SCHOLARSHIP

FUCK YES

I AM HAPPY

YEAAHAHHHHH
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #46450 on: April 08, 2011, 12:02:05 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7U1Y9DkYxI&feature=player_embedded
^Washington lottery ad. Involves jousting on segways.

http://robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ahoover/Moebius.html
^Mobius Gear.

Also, gratz Acanthus.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46451 on: April 08, 2011, 12:04:19 am »

I GOT THE FUCKING SCHOLARSHIP

FUCK YES

I AM HAPPY

YEAAHAHHHHH
FUCK YEAH!

*Raises beer for Acanthus117*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #46452 on: April 08, 2011, 12:05:22 am »

'Grats, Acanthus.

I would raise a beer as well, but i'm underage.

so I raise a cherry coke in your honor.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46453 on: April 08, 2011, 12:07:07 am »

Spoiler: Congrats! (click to show/hide)
A quadruple toast to you sir!

What made me happy today?  Managed to get Black Prophecy running, and it plays a lot like Freelancer so far, although it is an MMO after all.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46454 on: April 08, 2011, 12:13:36 am »

Grats on the scholarship, Acanthus. Make good use of it!

I just got back from the David Bromberg Concert downtown, and it was amazing. It was his first time on tour in about 20 years, and he was touring with an interesting band that were Folk/Bluegrass, but with a bit of Jimmy Buffet thrown in. Their fiddler was my age, and was absolutely stunning, his playing ranging from jaunty Folk/Jazz improvisation to slow melodic bits that twice gave me shivers. I think I must learn Violin now, and bend it to similarly eclectic ends.

David Bromberg himself was an interesting man; great charisma, and though he couldn't quite hold a tune vocally, nor did he have the finger dexterity of his bandmates, he certainly had Soul, and a great spirit. He was a musician who was obviously in it for the fun, and his repertoire of styles and songs was impressive. He kept inviting the band he was touring with onto stage with him, and they blended their music together, often improvising off one another, in a beautiful mix of Rock, Folk, Country, Calypso, and so on. At one point, to prove that a song one of his peers had written was cribbing other tunes, he played it, and without changing the chord structure slipped straight into Woolly Bully (jump to 5:15 in the video). They did a really neat arrangement of Somewhere Over the Rainbow too, which I'm sure my stepdad would have loved.

Speaking of Minecraft, I'm going to be streaming another Minecraft Adventure with my buddy, at about 4pm EST tomorrow: The Redmurk Mystery, kindly suggested by MetalSlimeHunt. This time, we hopefully won't be hoarding diamonds from one another, falling into all this lava and destroying plot gear, and/or arranging for one another's untimely demise out of gradually creeping paranoia and jealousy!

Also, I've been enjoying poking around on a SMP server themed after that new My Little Pony cartoon. The regulars on it seem like a good group of people, even if they're silly folks. One of my favorite parts is the word filter the server uses, which changes cursing into words like "oatmeal", and replaces everyday phrases and words with Ponified equivalents: Hand or Foot becomes "Hoof", Ladies and Gentlemen becomes "Fillies and Gentlecolts", etc. It's all quite entirely silly, and rather fun.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:20:57 am by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 3095 3096 [3097] 3098 3099 ... 13325