Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786774 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #46335 on: April 06, 2011, 10:34:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Same artist, same that is all.
Little kitten beers
I love pfsc!

This is by far one of my favorites and it always makes me smile.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46336 on: April 06, 2011, 10:42:01 pm »

Yeah, I basically don't spend much time with people, after a year of staying home... not spending much time with people.

This has got to change.

Also, if I take a roommate I'll probably be able to live closer to campus for $100+ fewer dollars a month--i.e., living where my bus drops me off every morning before I head off to class.  I really, really don't want to keep living life this way.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #46337 on: April 06, 2011, 10:54:10 pm »

Yeah, I basically don't spend much time with people, after a year of staying home... not spending much time with people.

This has got to change.

Also, if I take a roommate I'll probably be able to live closer to campus for $100+ fewer dollars a month--i.e., living where my bus drops me off every morning before I head off to class.  I really, really don't want to keep living life this way.
Yeah, a roommate might help.
It may be less likely for your major than mine, but as an RIT Game Dev major, I get most of my socialization by spending most of the day in the Game Dev Lab. It's a nice place to do some programming, play video, card, or board games, and just generally hang out with people ranging from freshmen to grad students. I would wonder if Berkeley has that sort of place, since you may get even more out of that than an individual roommate, even if it is meant primarily for another major.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46338 on: April 06, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »

It may be less likely for your major than mine, but as an RIT Game Dev major, I get most of my socialization by spending most of the day in the Game Dev Lab. It's a nice place to do some programming, play video, card, or board games, and just generally hang out with people ranging from freshmen to grad students. I would wonder if Berkeley has that sort of place, since you may get even more out of that than an individual roommate, even if it is meant primarily for another major.

Nah, the math department has two tea parties a week, and a room specifically for math majors to hunker down with some blackboards and hang out.  I should probably spend more time there--part of the reason why I haven't been is due to being unable to pack a lunch due to being unable to get up in time to a. pack lunch and b. go to school =/

So yeah, I think you're right.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46339 on: April 07, 2011, 12:11:01 am »

So my brother introduced me to Rebecca Black.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

And her dub.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfQwXEqYaI

And her interview where she makes fun of herself...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LOtQwD6Jb0

... MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46340 on: April 07, 2011, 12:18:46 am »

Breadbox is back!

YAAAAY!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46341 on: April 07, 2011, 12:31:29 am »

I'm making a rose out of black lace now.
It will be awesome.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46342 on: April 07, 2011, 12:32:41 am »

I'm making a rose out of black lace now.
It will be awesome.

Fuck

Pics when you're done :I  I am not a handicrafter, so I'd like to enjoy yours by proxy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46343 on: April 07, 2011, 12:35:29 am »

Hey, I was wondering if I could get some opinions from you guys on something.

So my friend, one day, succeeded in bothering me to play this one PS2 game that he owns: Rogue Galaxy. He claims this is one of his most favorite games.

I played it for a little bit, and enjoyed the tutorial, but then put it down very early into the game for two three key reasons:

• Due to the way it's combat system works, it's like Kingdom Hearts, except with disallowing you to attack every few seconds. This denies me the cathartic release of hitting monsters that are right in front of me, and I don't like exercising my patience where I don't have to.
  • Your health gauge is very small. I died numerous times simply because I couldn't tell how much health I had remaining.
  • The game pits you against two very difficult enemies very early into the game, and then when you die, you're slammed all the way back to the main menu. From here, you can imagine the intense frustration that is immediately sparked when I have to load game and then work up to where I was again, cutscenes and all.

He just kind of whines at my reasons, but he whines at alot of things. Was I justified in not persevering past the first 30 minutes of his recommended game?

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46344 on: April 07, 2011, 12:36:20 am »

Finally got one of the harder bars of Leyenda down.

A couple more weeks of practice and I'll probably feel comfortable enough to post a video.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46345 on: April 07, 2011, 12:45:27 am »

He just kind of whines at my reasons, but he whines at alot of things. Was I justified in not persevering past the first 30 minutes of his recommended game?

Eh games are a very taste based thing, some games you don't like while everyone else does, if you didn't like it then you didn't like the game nothing wrong with that.

Unfortunately there tends to be a lot of the type of gamers who go hater on you just because you don't like some game and they love it.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #46346 on: April 07, 2011, 12:57:07 am »

A couple more weeks of practice and I'll probably feel comfortable enough to post a video.
Man, that song requires some fast picking. That's damn impressive.

Awesome to see another solo guitarist!
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46347 on: April 07, 2011, 01:07:08 am »

Man, that song requires some fast picking. That's damn impressive.

Awesome to see another solo guitarist!

Leyenda is played with Flamenco technique.

Still, I'm going to have to overcome my shyness to record it.   ???
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46348 on: April 07, 2011, 01:08:24 am »

Post it :I

Same message to you as I've sent to Ein: please, allow me to enjoy other people's skill in the things that I suck at?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #46349 on: April 07, 2011, 01:12:10 am »

Leyenda is played with Flamenco technique.

Still, I'm going to have to overcome my shyness to record it.   ???
I know! Fingerstyle.

That's why I said solo guitarist. :)

e: You should totally record it. No need to be shy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:18:50 am by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 ... 13325