Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3060 3061 [3062] 3063 3064 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755327 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #45915 on: April 03, 2011, 08:41:35 pm »

Writing the next segment of a story, and I feel a lot more relaxed now.  Things are pretty good, especially because I don't have a midterm next week.  So once I've worked for another .5~1 hour I'll be done with my writing and probably move on to some math.

Also, my parents brought by Japanese food, my French monolingual dictionary, and a vase full of lilacs and daffodils <3  Then I repaid them with videos of internet memes, though surprisingly they actually found these quite funny and told me to spend more time with the people who had linked me to them.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45916 on: April 03, 2011, 09:48:39 pm »

Playing Shin Megami Tensei II for the first time gave me an even more profound love for the series as a whole than I already have. It's truly a gem, and there are not simply shades of the original games in later releases, but you can see their influence in spades (the gameplay in the original SMT games for instance is extremely similar to Strange Journey, which because of this I have also learned to love).

For some reason, though, I can't get into the Persona games as much. Where's my demon fusion and demon party members that aren't just fancy spells!?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #45917 on: April 03, 2011, 10:14:55 pm »

Made it from Cold Place to Warm Place without a hitch, and spring break part 1 is on for me.

Plus Warm Place has internets.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #45918 on: April 03, 2011, 10:16:15 pm »

The Solifuge Livestream is being filled with pain and murder. It is DELICIOUS. Oh and Manpigs.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45919 on: April 03, 2011, 10:18:02 pm »

Pain, murder, and copious innuendo
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #45920 on: April 03, 2011, 10:53:27 pm »

I beat Pokemon Ruby. Not much of an accomplishment normally, but I beat it on my custom-made Nightmare Mode. Of the 44 Pokemon I leveled up to bring into battle, only three survived.

Eberron the Altaria scraped through with but a quarter of its health remaining. Khyber the Salamence was paralyzed and nigh dead, but survived. Boudica the Gardevoir was the real hero of the day, beating almost all of Champion Steven's Pokemon singlehandedly at a mere level 54.

Not all is joyous. Along with the 38 Pokemon that were interred in the 'graveyard' computer and the three survivors, three of my best lie vanquished upon the battlefield. Menelaus the Sharkslayer, the brave Machoke that tore Sydney's entire lineup apart before getting decimated by an unexpected Aerial Ace from Sydney's final Pokemon. Asmodeus the Great Wyrm, the Gyarados that saved me from utter defeat in the 8th gym as well as from Phoebe's ghostly hordes, who I found by sheer happenstance in the waters of that same city. Orrdus the Enduring was the Aggron that annihilated Glacia's icy legion before a shattering and sudden defeat due to her Walrein's instant-death-inducing Sheer Cold. Without Orrdus, my Flying/Dragon Salamence and Altaria would have been utterly screwed.

In short, Pokemon is not normally much more than a childish distraction that I use to escape from reality for a bit. This time, it was a really emotional experience. When your Pokemon can't just be brought back from death, you get very much more attached to them. My rules made this game much more mature and challenging, and I've decided that I'm going to do it again, but this time in Pokemon Platinum. Then I'll move on to HeartGold, and then maybe Black or White if I have the money. I'm considering a Let's Play of Platinum, so you folks may see that one. I'll likely replace my starter with some hatched eggs of the three survivors of Pokemon: Bloody Ruby. May as well keep some continuity.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #45921 on: April 03, 2011, 11:20:36 pm »

Bay-Ladies and Gentelmen-Watchers, The Solifuge Livestream is starting an ultra-late episode of Amnesia: The Dark Descent in a couple of miniutes!

See it here!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #45922 on: April 03, 2011, 11:21:05 pm »

There may possibly be music, too.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45923 on: April 03, 2011, 11:42:24 pm »

Bay-Ladies and Gentelmen-Watchers, The Solifuge Livestream is starting an ultra-late episode of Amnesia: The Dark Descent in a couple of miniutes!

See it here!

Goddammit, I want to watch. But I need to sleep, and that won't happen if I'm watching a livestream/fearing for my safety from the horrible monsterdooms.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #45924 on: April 03, 2011, 11:44:10 pm »

See it here!

Goddammit, I want to watch. But I need to sleep, and that won't happen if I'm watching a livestream/fearing for my safety from the horrible monsterdooms.
You can sleep any time. You can only watch this episode of livestream as it happens now.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45925 on: April 03, 2011, 11:45:24 pm »

Your livestream isn't working for me.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #45926 on: April 03, 2011, 11:46:46 pm »

Your livestream isn't working for me.
Check for flash player updates?
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #45928 on: April 04, 2011, 01:07:36 am »

College starts in 50 minutes! Whee!

Edit: It turns out someone does make a living playing the Baritone Horn. I thought it was impossible, what with the rarity of Baritone Horns, the rarity of those who play them, and how hard it is to play. This sounds gorgeous, though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 01:11:53 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 3060 3061 [3062] 3063 3064 ... 13325