Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2998 2999 [3000] 3001 3002 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771182 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #44985 on: March 30, 2011, 12:30:47 am »

I usually play Sweden.
I had a nice run as Bohemia once, though.

I've had a really fun game as Portugal, but I usually have enough fun kicking swedish asses until they're fully subjugated like they should be. Apart from that, Brandenburg/Prussia or Saxony/Other german minors.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44986 on: March 30, 2011, 12:54:23 am »

I always miss out on the Comiket stuff and then find it around April and get all excited but it's really weird the frequency with which this happens.
Anyway, new CROW'SCLAW album with Merami doing vocals.
I'll know which tracks soon.

Spoiler: Heh. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, new CROW'SCLAW album with Merami doing vocals.
I'll know which tracks soon.
So, she's only on two tracks (Impulsive Fly and A Sense of Distance) but she sings in a much more natural and sexy sounding voice.
Meanwhile, there's this other girl, Ikeda Shou, who does vocals on all the other track except the first.
To use IOSYS singers as reference, her voice is clear and resounding like 3L, but heavy like Izabel.
Overall, instrumentals aren't as good as Parental Advisory: Explicit Guitar (better than some of the other stuff, though), but the vocals add so much substance, it feels like a true album, despite being an EP.
And fuck, I still want to hear Takase's voice.

Natural sounding Merami.
Ikeda Shou.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44987 on: March 30, 2011, 02:18:15 am »

I just finished Dragon Age: Awakening. Awesome all around, especially for an expansion.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44988 on: March 30, 2011, 02:26:35 am »

using a few assumptions, I calculated that the girl in my avatar and signature would need to eat more than a hundred thousand times more than a regular person, to be able to fly.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #44989 on: March 30, 2011, 02:27:51 am »

I just finished Dragon Age: Awakening. Awesome all around, especially for an expansion.

I felt the polar opposite, as most other I've spoken to. SO DAMN SHORT. The choices feel meaningless beyond the beyond! Gawd I was dissappointed.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44990 on: March 30, 2011, 02:38:18 am »

And fuck, I still want to hear Takase's voice.

Mentioning this made me wonder:
What would happen if Taka and Takase teamed up?
She's not very well known, but her technical skill with his compositional skill and the fact that he's apparently using vocalists now...
Huzzah for hopeless fantasies of Japanese supergroups.
I guess the similarity of their names is also part of why I'm attracted to the idea...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44991 on: March 30, 2011, 02:48:15 am »

SO DAMN SHORT.
It took me somewhere in the order of 25 hours to finish it. I've played retail games that don't last that long, even if Origins lasts for about 70 hours.
The choices feel meaningless beyond the beyond!
...are we typing about the same game here?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44992 on: March 30, 2011, 03:04:32 am »

First one: Bear son ending.
I seriously killed like eight bears.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #44993 on: March 30, 2011, 03:05:29 am »

SO DAMN SHORT.
It took me somewhere in the order of 25 hours to finish it. I've played retail games that don't last that long, even if Origins lasts for about 70 hours.
The choices feel meaningless beyond the beyond!
...are we typing about the same game here?

Isn't about the hours, the expansion feels rushed, Now your here, now your there, back and forth like it's meaningless as you jump between 3 rather random places that make up the core part of the expansion. meh.

Also, the Dalish elf companion is boring and Oghren also feels shallow, as if everything from Origins just vanished. Anders was fun, but more comic relief than character, atleast he's quite cool in DA2 even if that game also is a huuuuge dissappointment.

Basicly, I started Awakenings and thought, "Awesome, Hmm, Seems like these 3 quests are gonna feel the same as Origins but okay." and after completing two of them I was already left with the feeling that "Yeah, this is already ending in a short while."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44994 on: March 30, 2011, 07:07:38 am »

I usually play Sweden.

I've had a really fun game as Portugal, but I usually have enough fun kicking swedish asses until they're fully subjugated like they should be. Apart from that, Brandenburg/Prussia or Saxony/Other german minors.

My best Uber-Grand Campaign was to take the Principality of Smolensk in CK (1066), build it into a multi-kingdom Graeco-Russian Orthodox Empire which stretched from Egypt to Lappland and Hungary to the Urals (including curb-stomping the Mongol hordes every time they dare showed their faces).

Then imported that into EU3, extending my empire to the Pacific and conquering the whole of Scandinavia, Persia, Mesopotamia and the Levantine, all of North Africa, and as far as the Punjab. Also began creating some African colonies (a la Portugal) and some North American colonies up around Nova Scotia and Quebec. By this point, my main accepted cultures were Russian, Greek, and Arabic (when you conquere pretty much the entire Arab world, you're going to have to integrate them) and I spent much of my time working to convert the Arabs and the various Siberian and Central Asian tribes to Orthodoxy.

Imported that into Victoria: Revolutions. Didn't grow too much, although my colonies expanded a bit. Remained a constitutional monarchy, fought a few inconclusive wars with Germany and France (I should have been able to crush them with raw manpower, but the tech differential was a problem, as was maintaining the sheer bulk of the Empire).

Imported that into HoI2, and proceeded to steamroll my remaining major opponents in Europe, bringing all but the far corners of the world under the benign rule of the Tsar-Patriarch.

And then "imported" that into Aurora and spread to the stars!   :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #44996 on: March 30, 2011, 08:17:15 am »

I usually play Sweden.

My best Uber-Grand Campaign was to take the Principality of Smolensk in CK (1066), build it into a multi-kingdom Graeco-Russian Orthodox Empire which stretched from Egypt to Lappland and Hungary to the Urals (including curb-stomping the Mongol hordes every time they dare showed their faces).

Then imported that into EU3, extending my empire to the Pacific and conquering the whole of Scandinavia, Persia, Mesopotamia and the Levantine, all of North Africa, and as far as the Punjab. Also began creating some African colonies (a la Portugal) and some North American colonies up around Nova Scotia and Quebec. By this point, my main accepted cultures were Russian, Greek, and Arabic (when you conquere pretty much the entire Arab world, you're going to have to integrate them) and I spent much of my time working to convert the Arabs and the various Siberian and Central Asian tribes to Orthodoxy.

Imported that into Victoria: Revolutions. Didn't grow too much, although my colonies expanded a bit. Remained a constitutional monarchy, fought a few inconclusive wars with Germany and France (I should have been able to crush them with raw manpower, but the tech differential was a problem, as was maintaining the sheer bulk of the Empire).

Imported that into HoI2, and proceeded to steamroll my remaining major opponents in Europe, bringing all but the far corners of the world under the benign rule of the Tsar-Patriarch.

And then "imported" that into Aurora and spread to the stars!   :D

Never did a mega-campaign, the converters look/are crap honestly :/ But the concept of them is awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44997 on: March 30, 2011, 08:38:01 am »

Never did a mega-campaign, the converters look/are crap honestly :/ But the concept of them is awesome.

They take some heavy-duty tweaking and often direct editing of the save files. First time I imported into Victoria, my massive imperial armies were replaced with two regiments. Of Irregulars. I actually tried playing it out anyways, considering it more of a challenge, but internal dissent caused the empire to collapse into chaos before I could get any more troops cranked out. The conversions from CK->EU2 and Victoria->HOI2 work pretty well, because Paradox designed the converters and built them into CK and Victoria: Revolutions, respectively.

I've been bummed that they don't seem to have any plans to put a similar function into any of the newer products. Even though Victoria 2 and HOI3 seem to have a lot of common framework to them.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44998 on: March 30, 2011, 08:45:13 am »

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha  :D (although oddly enough, I rarely use Sriracha)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #44999 on: March 30, 2011, 09:11:31 am »

Today is RIT's career fair. Naturally, I get myself locked out of my dorm room. But after figuring out who I need to talk to, got it all sorted out in about 15 minutes. Crisis averted, LIKE A BOSS.
Pages: 1 ... 2998 2999 [3000] 3001 3002 ... 13325