Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2977 2978 [2979] 2980 2981 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15777449 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #44670 on: March 28, 2011, 03:11:19 am »

Any extra language is a good thing to have in one's repertoire, but you oughtn't center your career on one unless you're absolutely giddy for it.
Getting stuck in a work environment you don't like is one thing, but saddling yourself with a career you end up hating is a much nastier thing.

Also, rhetoric is only useful for rhetoric teachers and politicians. So not much likelihood of using that to shape your career path.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44671 on: March 28, 2011, 03:15:24 am »

Any extra language is a good thing to have in one's repertoire, but you oughtn't center your career on one unless you're absolutely giddy for it.
Getting stuck in a work environment you don't like is one thing, but saddling yourself with a career you end up hating is a much nastier thing.

Also, rhetoric is only useful for rhetoric teachers and politicians. So not much likelihood of using that to shape your career path.

Yeah, I was thinking "Oh, I could become a rhetorician!"  And then, a little while after, I thought "Hm, let's not do that."  I'm nearly certain I could, but it would ultimately be a waste of time in a big way.

I'm becoming fluent in Russian for reasons of future career, however, since it's basically requisite for mathematics.  In that case, I enjoy both the atmosphere and the apparent job... so let's see how that goes.  All I can do is give it a try.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44672 on: March 28, 2011, 03:17:53 am »

I passed my English and Maths with the equivalent of  B :D

I'm certificated to english and do that thar magic wit yer numbers!!!
*Hugs*

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #44673 on: March 28, 2011, 03:20:36 am »

Yeah, I was thinking "Oh, I could become a rhetorician!"  And then, a little while after, I thought "Hm, let's not do that."  I'm nearly certain I could, but it would ultimately be a waste of time in a big way.

I'm becoming fluent in Russian for reasons of future career, however, since it's basically requisite for mathematics.  In that case, I enjoy both the atmosphere and the apparent job... so let's see how that goes.  All I can do is give it a try.

I hope you have luck in what ever career path you choose Vector, you've put enough work into it.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44674 on: March 28, 2011, 03:23:14 am »

And I was considering working in garbage disposal when I was little (God. I actually consider myself something other than "young" apparently...). But when one's less fourtunate ideas are unraveled before being put into motion, all's well.
So, yes. If you do enjoy what you're doing, no reason not to work in that job.

I passed my English and Maths with the equivalent of  B :D

I'm certificated to english and do that thar magic wit yer numbers!!!

QED. I told you so. :P
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #44675 on: March 28, 2011, 03:26:55 am »

I can't stand just sitting around reading other people's papers on semiology.  It's crazifying, and pretty unsatisfactory.
Yeah, semiotics is pretty boring unless you can find ways to apply it. Otherwise it's just a lot of wankery. It doesn't help that it's mostly concerned with lit theory, which is bad enough on it's own.

There are probably some interesting books on the semiotics of math though. And personally, it's completely changed the way I look at grammar. But that's a "bluh bluh no one cares" kind of thing. :P
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44676 on: March 28, 2011, 03:56:43 am »

Well, I always wondered how you managed to handle all those subjects at once.
If letting less important/fun things go makes you happy, then this is the way to go.

My higlight today:
Bough Oreos for the first time.
Delicious. Good to see they made it to Europe.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:20:01 am by Mindmaker »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44677 on: March 28, 2011, 03:58:01 am »

Oreos in Europe?
Awesome.
They're the best cookies.
Last I checked, though, they're horrendously fattening.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #44678 on: March 28, 2011, 03:58:45 am »

Custard Creams are far better!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44680 on: March 28, 2011, 04:27:50 am »

Oreos in Europe?
Awesome.
They're the best cookies.
Last I checked, though, they're horrendously fattening.
True.
52 calories per cookie.
Just bought them for trying out. Will give most of them away to other people, like my little brother who has a ridiculous metabolism.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44681 on: March 28, 2011, 04:31:52 am »

Will give most of them away to other people

SACRILEGE!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44682 on: March 28, 2011, 04:33:33 am »

I like to meticulously remove the cookie layers until I end up with a bunch of quadruple stuffed Oreos.
One time, as part of a bet (that I won, of course), I ate one made from half a package (of double stuffed).

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #44683 on: March 28, 2011, 04:37:30 am »

It is rare for me to find something that I could subjectively call heart-warming; despite the annoying summarizers.
I don't know how many times I've seen that, but it never loses its impact. The most poignant part is when he says it was the happiest moment of his life. I'm sure it was, probably happier than any moment I've ever had, but for it to be his amputating his own hand? That's a powerful image.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44684 on: March 28, 2011, 04:49:08 am »

I still don't get why every video on youtube has that new Lady Gaga song right at the top of the list on the right
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 2977 2978 [2979] 2980 2981 ... 13325