Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2953 2954 [2955] 2956 2957 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15765789 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #44310 on: March 25, 2011, 06:17:30 pm »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44311 on: March 25, 2011, 07:10:01 pm »

Got the intro to Hellfire Mantle down for Minecraft.
Song Planner file here.

Upon checking the below post, I've realised that this is apparently my 7200th post.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44312 on: March 25, 2011, 07:11:01 pm »

Wasted my 1000th post, but then I remembered I have over 1000 posts now, and as arbitrary and silly as that is it's an achievement for a guy who never RPs or otherwise plays in the forum games.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44313 on: March 25, 2011, 07:15:31 pm »

I am not so sure, you can rack up a ton of posts just by posting ways in which you belittle others accomplishments.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #44314 on: March 25, 2011, 07:17:17 pm »

And quickly becomes unwelcome in this topic. This is the happy thread. Not the "lolololimbetterthanyou" thread.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #44315 on: March 25, 2011, 07:19:52 pm »

Dark chocolate is sooooooo delicious!~
*Num num num*~

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44316 on: March 25, 2011, 07:22:32 pm »

I am not so sure, you can rack up a ton of posts just by posting ways in which you belittle others accomplishments.

Yeah I try not to do that sort of thing and stay and topic and be nice to people but look! Up in the sky! Freeformschooler's derailing a thread right as he types this.

*Num num num*~

I only recently realized its wonderfulness. So I must ask: why do you like it? I like it because it's bitter.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44317 on: March 25, 2011, 07:24:05 pm »

Sorry.

Grammatical/User error.

At anyrate...

I just got a loaf of bread.

Really really good bread.

Like, so good I am posting it in the happy thread bread.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44318 on: March 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »

Don't feel lightheaded anymore, which is good because it means I'll be able to hurry up with these translations and do all the other things I have to get done.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #44319 on: March 25, 2011, 07:25:21 pm »

*Num num num*~

I only recently realized its wonderfulness. So I must ask: why do you like it? I like it because it's bitter.
Yah, the mix of bitterness and sweetness,  I don't quite know how to explain it but it's amazing.~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44320 on: March 25, 2011, 07:28:27 pm »

Managed to cut a hole big enough to put a spoon into my coconut.

Yes~ <3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44321 on: March 25, 2011, 07:33:41 pm »

Reminds me what a classmate of mine did when they gave him a fully ripe coconut for his birthday as a joke.
The following week the dude comes back to school with the thing "shaved" and polished.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #44322 on: March 25, 2011, 07:59:59 pm »

I finally got my old MacMini returned; after many posts that became false alarms, this time, it's for real. However, it's either shown it's age, or my sister has a bad reputation with computers (she's good with them, they just have the unfortunate high-risk of breaking on her randomly by random incidents). As it turns out, she wasn't kidding when she said that my old machine has been bricked (It turns on, but I'm stuck looking at the Apple logo with the mouse spinning in the center of the screen for longer than an hour). However, before I visit her next week for a replacement (we already made plans to do so since she first told me; and who knows? the replacement could be even better than the old one.), I'm going to see if I can debug or unbrick it and maybe salvage it.

However, considering it's already been through quite a bit, and showing some signs of wear when I first gave it to my sister (easily 2 years ago, maybe longer), I'm not surprised the thing bricked. But again, I'm taking up the challenge of unbricking it, since I still have the installation disk, another working computer with internet access, and everything else at my disposal; and on the fortunate side, my sister backed up all my stuff before she took control over it onto a separate hard drive, so nothing of mine is lost; provided a copy-return is done.

Depending on how things turn out, I may or may not need to replace it. Although the bricking should be in SAD, anyway, it's nice to see that little space on my desk filled again. Now I have motivation to clean it up. I've just about ran out of desktop real estate anyhow. I've got some work cut out for me if I do get it running again. In one order, updating all the software on it; the other being cleaning up another external hard drive that has had it's other files stored on it for ages (which fortunately is even compatible with Snow Leopard, and much of the older Power-PC stuff can be emulated as well (tested in a virtual machine, OSX Snow Leopard)); so I'm happy any way it goes because I have a reason to not fear an upgrade if I can't salvage it. Even if I do salvage it, I think my sister would still offer to upgrade it anyway (Seeing as Apple is full of dicks that don't like when users decide they want to modify/upgrade/update their computers manually) as her thanks for me lending it to her for all this time (and since she bricked it).

If I do have to resort to a replacement, shall I find another Power-PC mac, or an Intel mac? It's more a compatibility with past stuff on my machine; but I guess I can go for the Intel to keep it more up-to-date and powerful enough for a mac. The hard drive space upgrade will definitely be welcome as well. I forgot how little space I had on my old machine.

EDIT:
No luck mudding the brick. Damn thing is pretty much unresponsive, except to a few key presses and even so, that fan gets loud. I think the motherboard fried or something. I recognize that heat level, as well as the noise pattern. Maybe it was just about to brick when I lent it to my sister anyway. Sad thing is, I took care of it pretty well, seeing as it was my very first computer of my own ownership (needed it for design and to follow with my courses which used macs).

Well, that sucks, but on the bright side, I can still replace it by next week and crack this sucker open to see what fried. Might still crack it open anyway, seeing as it's way past warranty anyway. I already learned the trick to cracking open a MacMini, so it shouldn't be too hard. I probably won't be too shocked at what I find.

I may provide pictures.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:48:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44323 on: March 25, 2011, 08:07:01 pm »

Reminds me what a classmate of mine did when they gave him a fully ripe coconut for his birthday as a joke.
The following week the dude comes back to school with the thing "shaved" and polished.
huh, i assume that me living with a mother that cut open coconuts is not making me laugh at that idea.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44324 on: March 25, 2011, 08:13:53 pm »

Damn it Steam, selling me quality games at low prices.

I love you.
Pages: 1 ... 2953 2954 [2955] 2956 2957 ... 13325