Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770859 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #44220 on: March 25, 2011, 04:48:08 am »

PE in the UK is basically a joke, in secondary all we did was football which I find a pointless and over hyped sport :/

Football or soccer?
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #44221 on: March 25, 2011, 04:51:13 am »

PE in the UK is basically a joke, in secondary all we did was football which I find a pointless and over hyped sport :/

Football or soccer?

UK, so for americans it'll be soccer.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44222 on: March 25, 2011, 04:52:17 am »

In my opinon, all things named football are over-rated and boring.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44223 on: March 25, 2011, 04:53:42 am »

In our school it really depened on what teacher you had.
The one we had in 1st, 2nd and fifth grade, would start with telling an anekdote, or presenting some random wikipedia article (we assumed that's how he got his topics) for the first hal hour. Then he proceeded with all sorts of exercises. He didn't like me and constantly made fun of me.

The other one pretty much would let us do whatever we wanted. He only had a real programm in during winter.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44224 on: March 25, 2011, 05:01:26 am »

We mostly play basketball, and since i suck horribly at basketball i almost never play, but yesterday there were fewer of us so i played too, was very fun, learned some new things and generally had a blast.
And on the rare occasion we play volleyball, and it's absolutley awesome to watch since everyone is either completley horrible or is playing horribly on purpose so it boils down to a competition on who will fail more awesomely :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44225 on: March 25, 2011, 05:07:34 am »

My first school kinda sucked, and the PE teacher was a sexist asshat who literally made the girls sit in the corner of the gym and do nothing, while he taught the boys Man Sports. My older sister got him fired. :3

After that, we transferred to a brand new school, and the Gymnasium wasn't even built when I started; we spent a year learning scarf and ball juggling in a standard classroom. After that, we had a pretty awesome program where we learned running, wrestling, tumbling, gymnastics, and various sports (this time co-ed). I remember a lot of the gymnastics stuff we did back in the day, and can still go into a shoulder-roll from a full run, or use one to recover from a high fall. We also had a number of free days, during which I invented scooter-hockey; everyone had to stay seated and propel themselves around on little square scooter boards, and played hockey sans goalie. I got out of PE in High School, since I spent 4 years in Marching Band... and that was a workout and a half.

EDIT: Thinking about PE in Middle School just made me realize that I used to wear patterned boxer shorts as regular shorts. I didn't have alternatives, but I still didn't realize they were meant as undergarments. Oh god, I was a dweeb! D:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:11:36 am by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44226 on: March 25, 2011, 05:11:20 am »

Oh, and I got a T-shirt from the PE department because I apparently tried harder than anyone else, and they wanted to give me a little something.  Also had me write my name on the wall of their office >_<  I have no idea what all of that was about.

Maybe it was because I managed to pretty much cut my mile time in half over two years?  Dunno.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44227 on: March 25, 2011, 05:15:11 am »

Oh, and I got a T-shirt from the PE department because I apparently tried harder than anyone else, and they wanted to give me a little something.

Jeez that would be embarrassing.

Semi-on-topic:  When my dad was a kid he wore a new coat to school and the teacher made him stand in front of the class and tell everyone about his new coat.  Why would a teacher, who is supposed to like kids, do something like that?
Shoes...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44228 on: March 25, 2011, 05:20:30 am »

Basketball was fun. You only needed a tiny bit of skill and some agressiveness to dominate a game. However I couldn't cope with smack talk. One of the reasons why I tried to stay away from team sports.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44229 on: March 25, 2011, 05:22:26 am »

Oh, the things I could say about having to stand in front of the class for one reason or another.  But this is the happy thread, so I won't.

My PE department gave everyone one shirt and one pair of shorts that we had to wear everyday.  Apparently, we were also supposed to take them home ourselves and wash them, which no one ever explained to me.  Mine got pretty rank after a while.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44230 on: March 25, 2011, 06:43:09 am »

My PE department in high school made us buy our uniforms. :-\
I still have the shorts somewhere, dunno what happened to the shirt.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44231 on: March 25, 2011, 06:53:12 am »

I have discovered that pretending to be foreign will quickly make the gypsies haggling me to buy their (stolen) cellphone give up very fast.

Why didn't I think of this before?!
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44232 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:02 am »

I have discovered that pretending to be foreign will quickly make the gypsies haggling me to buy their (stolen) cellphone give up very fast.

Wouldn't that just attract them to try to steal from you instead?  Also, where the Hell are you that has Gypsies?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44233 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:29 am »

Transelvania?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44234 on: March 25, 2011, 06:59:37 am »

Transelvania?
*Bitchslaps.*
One, it's not a country, doofus. It's a region inside a country. Two, at least spell it right.

Wouldn't that just attract them to try to steal from you instead?  Also, where the Hell are you that has Gypsies?
I have good, tight pockets and I always walk to/from school. I also have good running feet.
AoD did get it pretty much right, I live in Gypsistan.
Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 13325