Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2931 2932 [2933] 2934 2935 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772825 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #43980 on: March 23, 2011, 10:26:52 pm »

Heck, that last part is optional and a possible source of income!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #43981 on: March 23, 2011, 10:27:48 pm »

Well if you beleive the other stereptype then there is nothing like getting paid to make fun of idiotic customers.
That one has a little more truth to it, but the stupid customers were usually loud assholes so it was less laughing at them and more sighing.

Neither of the stores I worked at had ever been robbed. Actually, the only place I've ever worked that had been robbed was a fast food joint. They locked everyone in the cooler, which is apparently pretty common because all the coolers had panic buttons.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #43982 on: March 23, 2011, 10:48:42 pm »

Watched the first episode of Slayers. I already love this.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #43983 on: March 23, 2011, 10:54:02 pm »

Ugh, I'm reminded of my job. Changing price tags and scanning them to make the servers confirm them, while helping direct customers to items and aisles for hours on end is not my cup of tea in the excitement department; that is, until I get bored and start attempting trick shots with the laser scanner gun (PocketPCs) we're given (I'm quite the marksman, and pretty quick and accurate at aiming too; and I can scan some targets from up to a meter and a half away shooting from the waist), as well as them being PPCs, figuring out what other PC-type shortcuts I can apply to make my job quicker and more/less entertaining. So far, CTRL+(A/C/V) all still apply, so I can just copy-paste the prefix of UPC codes, and just drill through a bunch of tags quickly if they're marked down, but not available at my store, or if there are tags without barcodes, and the product isn't available either to scan, and I have to go through tons of them (happens alot during the summer with soda products, as well as cigarettes).

On the bright side of things, I don't think I would ever need a therapist for the rest of my life, because I get so bored I've caught up on so much of my life to look over (as well as recalling past events and topics from past days), I've gotten to appreciate how much I've been through, and just how much better off I am than I have previously thought in the past. Plus, while I'm going through self-therapy, might as well get paid while doing so. Also, I think my memory, which has been total crap for years, has gotten to the point that I can glance at a trope page, and remember half of the details easily, and pretty obscure ones too while at it. My memory has improved so much, that this week my superior has taken their vacation, and I had to do most-all of the work myself. I have nearly memorized the location of just about every item in the store to the point of glancing the markdown sheet (sale removal) and quickly labeling (or correcting mis-labelings from other associates) the correct aisle for the products listed. Even really obscure items without any real reference, I got the approximation of their location to within 10 item's diameter (from the shelf).

Maybe all that self-therapy cleared up alot of hard drive space in my brain. In any other case, I just remembered something that makes me happy. In these regards, I'm going to use my vacation time and visit my Dad (and stop by my sister's while at it) for the next week. I could use some time out of town (and probably from Bay-12; might still check in and respond briefly during that time) anyway.

EDIT:
As for my job search, I'm still freelancing, but also looking around for design companies to work for (or anything design-related; don't want my lessons to go to waste). Fortunately, my siblings have been helpful in providing me some work to do.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 11:13:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #43984 on: March 23, 2011, 11:00:13 pm »

My own pursuit for work in my area goes... pretty badly, to the point where I'm reading up on the Army.

Thing is, the MP corps look really appealing. I'm going to talk to my parents about it tomorrow, then start getting myself sorted out. Maybe I'll even go straight for Officer Training at Sandhurst.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43985 on: March 23, 2011, 11:01:10 pm »

My own pursuit for work in my area goes... pretty badly, to the point where I'm reading up on the Army.

Thing is, the MP corps look really appealing. I'm going to talk to my parents about it tomorrow, then start getting myself sorted out. Maybe I'll even go straight for Officer Training at Sandhurst.
Officers eh? whats your PT score?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #43986 on: March 23, 2011, 11:11:42 pm »

Barest minimum, which is why I need to get sorted out on exercise and diet before the start of the next term.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43987 on: March 23, 2011, 11:16:00 pm »

I managed to get my seven page paper set to a subject I would enjoy typing about. Now just to acutally type it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43988 on: March 23, 2011, 11:50:04 pm »

Harry Houdini's Birthday :D

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #43990 on: March 24, 2011, 12:23:52 am »

Today has been the best day in a while now. Cool games. Cool shows. Old friends. Awesome.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43992 on: March 24, 2011, 12:33:08 am »

Takase! why are you so amazing at everything but you don't sing!? D:
Wow this could use vocals.

Exactly my point. :I
A lot of her stuff could, but in not one of her arranges does she sing.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43993 on: March 24, 2011, 12:35:08 am »

Takase! why are you so amazing at everything but you don't sing!? D:
Wow this could use vocals.

Exactly my point. :I
A lot of her stuff could, but in not one of her arranges does she sing.
Possibly she feels that her songs don't require vocals or she sucks at voice.
im going for the former.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43994 on: March 24, 2011, 01:29:05 am »

Got reminded how awesome games for the GBA were.
A game that's a mix of Fire Emblem/Advance Wars/card games and has anime graphics :D
Pages: 1 ... 2931 2932 [2933] 2934 2935 ... 13325