Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2836 2837 [2838] 2839 2840 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15905984 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #42555 on: March 14, 2011, 01:46:24 pm »

This made me have funny.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42556 on: March 14, 2011, 01:47:28 pm »

How?
That is awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #42557 on: March 14, 2011, 01:51:46 pm »

I am a fucking technowizard.
I just removed every trace of jpg compression present in an image.
Now to find a way to losslessly enlarge images without vector tracing.
I'd like to learn how you did that. As well as the latter when you figure it out. It can come in handy, considering the design field.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42558 on: March 14, 2011, 01:52:03 pm »

A wizard never reveals his secrets.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42559 on: March 14, 2011, 01:53:11 pm »

A wizard never reveals his secrets.
Yes he does.
Otherwise Magicka would only be singleplayer.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42560 on: March 14, 2011, 01:54:51 pm »

Fine. :I
Selective Gaussian Blur.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #42561 on: March 14, 2011, 02:08:43 pm »

Fine. :I
Selective Gaussian Blur.
Unfortunately, in my case, that sounds familiar. I believe I've used it before. That's to get rid of the compression artifacts. As for lossless expansion, I can only assume a nearest neighbor function (though blocky up close) will be the best application to use. Bicubic sharper (though advised for reduction) also works well.

Reduce noise also works for minimizing JPEG artifacts. At least, according to the help file.

EDIT:
Also signature update. Speaking of which, still undecided whether to keep my livestream channel or not. Don't have any ideas what to play, and when would be a good time to do so. If not too much trouble, I can always livestream some deathmatches (unreal anyone?); though I'll have to play windowed so I can read the commentary. But that would also mean having to use my mic to respond.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:21:12 pm by Itnetlolor »

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42562 on: March 14, 2011, 02:18:07 pm »

Someone gave me a book entitled Dr. C. Wacko's Miracle Guide to Designing and Programming Your Own Atari Computer Arcade Games. The book's almost as old as I am but it's in pristine condition. Thumbing through it I learned a lot about the ancient forms of game design. Like how in order to draw a row of pixels you have to use the appropriate byte code. Like a row of 8 pixels with the 3rd and 5th pixels being filled in would have a byte code of 40 which converts in binary to 00101000. Man, if you have to go through all that just to draw a sprite then it's no wonder games looked like crap back then.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42563 on: March 14, 2011, 02:51:16 pm »

I had to stay for last period study hall today because I take a bus now and my inability to get home during Senior release in academics would be the first day today.  Low and behold the anime kid I like is in the class.  I've 'known' him since school started, but I never had the nerve to talk to him.  In a fit of courage I walked over and sat next to the desk he was in and introduced myself (said hello).  Unsurprisingly, we replied with a friendly greeting as well and I then asked what he was doing.

I eyed what he doing before but I couldn't tell what series he was drawing.  He showed me up close and I still had no idea, oh well.  I asked about his reputation of knowing Japanese very well (self taught since 5th grade he says) and I slowly revealed where I was getting at and he seemed to be enjoying it.  We talked about the kanji and the kana and etc. and it was really cool.  He asked if I knew any phrases and I do know quite a bit.  I guess it was surprising for him since he's been around me for 4 years and never knew I had this interest, but he's totally cool and I've liked him from just his personality.

Near the end of the period I mentioned I saw him wearing an 'L' shirt from Death Note one day and I said I've watched the whole series and he looked pretty pleased by that (I'm pretty sure out of our whole class of 2011 we're the only two that actually watch anime), but since time was almost up we couldn't go anywhere with it.

Also this means I'll be able to see him last period every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday now.

EDIT:
I saw Bill Cosby in person yesterday. He's funny. :D
Awesome.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:59:21 pm by ToonyMan »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42564 on: March 14, 2011, 02:53:30 pm »

On the upside, code in those early games was seriously tight. When you consider all that some games could do with less RAM usage than it takes to load this page?

In some respects, the explosion of available RAM, while a hardware revolution, caused a corresponding decline in code-writing skills. If Windows was coded as tightly and efficiently as C64 games were....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42565 on: March 14, 2011, 03:13:56 pm »

On the upside, code in those early games was seriously tight. When you consider all that some games could do with less RAM usage than it takes to load this page?

In some respects, the explosion of available RAM, while a hardware revolution, caused a corresponding decline in code-writing skills. If Windows was coded as tightly and efficiently as C64 games were....
Not just RAM, also more available processing power and regular memory as well cause bloated programs.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42566 on: March 14, 2011, 04:11:15 pm »

Received praise at work slave-labor about how I am one of the hardest workers slave-laborers there. Sure, it's mostly because most everyone else is a lazy jackoff, but it's nice to know that, even though I really hate my job and try hard not to try hard, I'm still the best.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42567 on: March 14, 2011, 04:12:54 pm »

Akura: Best at the Worst.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42568 on: March 14, 2011, 04:17:41 pm »

Received a package today. Turns out my mum ordered a new set of knives before christmas and they've only just arrived. Looking forwards to trying them out and getting to know their weight and balance.

Going to get myself some Custard tomorrow, and drink it all myself.

I always feel that the word Custard looks too silly and I must have spelt it wrong. Makes me mildly uneasy.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42569 on: March 14, 2011, 04:21:02 pm »

You seem to capitalize it.
Perhaps that is why it appears wrong
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 2836 2837 [2838] 2839 2840 ... 13327