Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2749 2750 [2751] 2752 2753 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770818 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #41250 on: March 04, 2011, 12:57:12 am »

its not that hard. look i was taught that crotchshots were taboo and cheapshots, it meant you're weak and can't stand up and fight back. I didn't had martial arts training to help with fights in my life.

It also means the other guy's eyes are thoroughly crossed. Honour comes second to victory.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41251 on: March 04, 2011, 12:58:52 am »

Sorry man, its not how i roll, i have my limits on fights so oh well for me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41252 on: March 04, 2011, 01:01:06 am »

I never really understood the concept of fair and unfair fighting, myself. I've never actually been in a fight, but if I did end up in one, the only way I'm leaving it is either victory or near-death (or, you know, just death). People tell me that isn't a very wise viewpoint, but these are the same people who constantly advocate "fighting fair", so I find their judgement suspect.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #41253 on: March 04, 2011, 01:01:16 am »

Blah

Stop trying to look like a big man on the internet. It's annoying and I've had enough of it in here.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41254 on: March 04, 2011, 01:05:20 am »

Blah

Stop trying to look like a big man on the internet. It's annoying and I've had enough of it in here.
i am done with it, im just saying my judgement over it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41255 on: March 04, 2011, 01:13:20 am »

I never really understood the concept of fair and unfair fighting, myself. I've never actually been in a fight, but if I did end up in one, the only way I'm leaving it is either victory or near-death (or, you know, just death). People tell me that isn't a very wise viewpoint, but these are the same people who constantly advocate "fighting fair", so I find their judgement suspect.

Honor is secondary to victory and victory is secondary to not getting injured.  I'm more likely to run away than actually fight someone.
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #41256 on: March 04, 2011, 01:24:38 am »

its not that hard. look i was taught that crotchshots were taboo and cheapshots, it meant you're weak and can't stand up and fight back.
I'm a pacifist whenever possible, so I don't get into many fights. The one time I have been in a fight, it was when I was a sophomore and there was a senior who attempted repeatedly to push me over after I ignored his attempts to hit on me. (He wasn't gay, he was joking that I was womanly or that I was gay or something.) I felt no shame at all in kicking him in the groin and roundhouse kicking him in the elbow before walking off. I regretted hurting someone else, of course, but neither do I just accept the violence of others. If he hadn't been blocking me, I would have just run off. He forced a confrontation, though, one that I couldn't possibly hope to win 'fairly' as a 110 pound 5'8" sophomore. There comes a point when avoiding injury to yourself is far more important than playing fairly. That man could have snapped me in half like the twig I resemble. So yes, I suppose crotchshots are reserved for when you're weak and can't fight back. Many of you have seen my pictures in the picture thread, and have thus seen that I am a stickman. I know when the odds are against me, and in that case I adjust the 'rules' so that the odds are in my favor. It's not like the other guy was 'playing fair' when he decided to pick on someone half his weight and a head shorter than him.

In sum: Kicking people in the testicles is really painful and you should only do it when necessary.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #41257 on: March 04, 2011, 01:25:26 am »

Cfoofoo is right. And now please back to happy. Fighting isn't happy. And if you think it's happy you're a dirty Dwarf and well you just aren't happy yourself are you? :P

But on topic. Me and Cag found out about a FANTASTIC LPer. Ah HA!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #41258 on: March 04, 2011, 01:27:44 am »

Honor is secondary to victory and victory is secondary to not getting injured.  I'm more likely to run away than actually fight someone.
I'm always up for a fair fight, but once the tides turn and it gets into unfair/dirty territory, I'll outright massacre my opponent. There's more to fighting unfairly than just nutshots.

Of course, honor usually comes first for me. Even after getting blindsided once or twice, I backed away from a fight because A) I offer second chances, B) those that usually start a fight that way usually isn't worth fighting, and C) I can always take advantage of the law to win a fight sans actually fighting.

Recalling pulling off (C) a couple times successfully, and testing some comrades integrity (which they all failed, and I still won standing my ground without making the fight actually start) while at it makes me happy. I won with wit and intimidation by being the bigger man and choosing not to fight.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:31:02 am by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41259 on: March 04, 2011, 01:29:07 am »

Me and Cag found out about a FANTASTIC LPer. Ah HA!
I'm not sure if I should be threatened by or unnervingly attracted to that man's voice.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41260 on: March 04, 2011, 01:42:20 am »

Me and Cag found out about a FANTASTIC LPer. Ah HA!
I'm not sure if I should be threatened by or unnervingly attracted to that man's voice.
This guy is amazing. He is always excited about everything all the time and I suspect he is really just a puppy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41261 on: March 04, 2011, 01:59:39 am »

Meh, I can't stand SirRonLionHeart. His voice just... annoys me. :-\ If I want to watch a happy Let's-Player, I rather watch some of raocow's older videos (the endgame videos often end up frustrating him) or One F Jef (he also made a lot of Dwarf Fortress videos and is known as valcon on this forum) who can make incredibly slow space battles (Flotilla), Incredible Machines on crack (Armadillo Run) and a bridge building simulator (Bridge It) entertaining to watch.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:03:01 am by MC Dirty »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #41262 on: March 04, 2011, 02:03:56 am »

Jefmajor is awesome too. And he's from here? That's pretty cool too. :3

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41263 on: March 04, 2011, 02:08:03 am »

Jefmajor is awesome too. And he's from here? That's pretty cool too. :3
Yeah, DF Adventure Mode was his first Let's Play, so this is where it all began. ^^

The awesome struggle of Bengel Hairybasement! And some other people, too, but most people just remember Bengel Hairybasement.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:12:20 am by MC Dirty »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #41264 on: March 04, 2011, 06:22:05 am »

Jefmajor is epic sauce with a side of PROGRESS!

EDIT: Ponies, kittens and rainbows too!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 2749 2750 [2751] 2752 2753 ... 13325