Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15792306 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Pick flowers or die~♥
« Reply #40755 on: February 27, 2011, 06:12:41 pm »

Good news! We got a new oven!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40756 on: February 27, 2011, 06:15:14 pm »

My Dad swung by a few moments ago for no particular reason other than he was passing by.

Unexpected happiness is the best happiness.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40757 on: February 27, 2011, 06:16:24 pm »

Good news! We got a new oven!
got mine 3 weeks ago, its used but the joke around the house is "the lights working!" rofl

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #40758 on: February 27, 2011, 06:20:48 pm »

May have (finally!) found a new apartment for May. We got the first available viewing this afternoon and are trying to get the lease tonight. Last couple places we liked, the lease always managed to slip away from us before we could grab it. Fingers crossed.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #40759 on: February 27, 2011, 06:33:41 pm »

Livestream went well X3
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40760 on: February 27, 2011, 06:47:38 pm »

Warm bike ride weather.
One of the colleges that sent me their info has a game design degree
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40761 on: February 27, 2011, 07:07:35 pm »

Enjoyed watching MM's livestream. Enjoyed listening to Oingo Boingo, most notably Insanity.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40762 on: February 27, 2011, 07:25:38 pm »

Akigagak's D&D Campaign was a great deal of fun, and despite the usual Maptools stuff went well! Got to iron out a few problems with the basic Macros, but overall they worked as intended too. Yay rudimentary Java knowhow!

I also got a copy of Dragon Age on loan, and am looking forward to trying it out in a few days. I'm quickly catching up to you guys, and your modern games.

EDIT: Bummer I missed your stream, MM, but I was planning on streaming soon myself. All the usual MP Cortex Command nonsense, plus maybe something old and DOSy.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:30:17 pm by Solifuge »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40763 on: February 27, 2011, 07:27:39 pm »

M'dad sent me this.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #40764 on: February 27, 2011, 07:36:53 pm »

Careful with those. From my experience last year, most of the "Game Design" degrees are more or less garbage. Digipen (Washington state), RIT (New York state), SMU (Texas), and Fullsail (Florida) were really the only good ones I managed to find in the US. Most game design programs are either A: a bait and switch to get you to take their CS degree or B: little to no industry use and almost no job prospects due to being pure design w/o decent programming. If you find a game dev/design major, ask tons of questions about it while thinking as cynically about their intentions as possible in order to avoid getting duped.

For example, an in state school I visited had a 'game design' program. Upon interviewing the faculty at an open house, I learned the purpose of it was to get more CS students and that job prospects afterwards were estimated at about 70% employed 6 months after graduation. That's twice as high an unemployment rate as high school dropouts. RIT, on the other hand, was something around 98% employed after 6 months. Since the major is so new, there really is no standardization with it, so take everything you hear with enough salt to keep the roads of New York free of snow.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:38:45 pm by alway »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40765 on: February 27, 2011, 08:04:24 pm »

Getting a Card mailed to me with a drawing of one of the characters from a webcomic on it, drawn by the author. This is going to be so awesome!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #40766 on: February 27, 2011, 08:57:54 pm »

I am now the proud owner of Somewhere To Live In May. The summer can't come quickly enough; the new place is such a step up from my current one.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40767 on: February 27, 2011, 09:00:23 pm »

Playing Perfect cherryblossom for the first time ever on medium difficulty

Level 5 without using a continue.

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40768 on: February 27, 2011, 09:03:33 pm »

Careful with those. From my experience last year, most of the "Game Design" degrees are more or less garbage. Digipen (Washington state), RIT (New York state), SMU (Texas), and Fullsail (Florida) were really the only good ones I managed to find in the US. Most game design programs are either A: a bait and switch to get you to take their CS degree or B: little to no industry use and almost no job prospects due to being pure design w/o decent programming. If you find a game dev/design major, ask tons of questions about it while thinking as cynically about their intentions as possible in order to avoid getting duped.

For example, an in state school I visited had a 'game design' program. Upon interviewing the faculty at an open house, I learned the purpose of it was to get more CS students and that job prospects afterwards were estimated at about 70% employed 6 months after graduation. That's twice as high an unemployment rate as high school dropouts. RIT, on the other hand, was something around 98% employed after 6 months. Since the major is so new, there really is no standardization with it, so take everything you hear with enough salt to keep the roads of New York free of snow.

Furthermore, if it's from 99.99999% of technical colleges, the degree is useless by default, especially in a program like that.

They cater to people who play video games with logic like "You've played games, why not make them!?" -- this is emphatically not how it works.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40769 on: February 27, 2011, 09:22:01 pm »

Got some patchouly incense and had a great idea: decorate a box of the stuff with a Patchy theme and make good money selling it at Reitaisai.
Pages: 1 ... 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 ... 13325