Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2653 2654 [2655] 2656 2657 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15792209 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Pick flowers or die~♥
« Reply #39811 on: February 18, 2011, 10:34:58 pm »

Got started on my new megaproject thread, and am gathering some ideas from fans and thinking up what to include, what to exclude, and etc. before I actually get around to coming up with a design. I'm also allowing fan-submissions of anything else to include (custom workshops for the time being that seem suitable, as well as decoration ideas and such, as well as help with naming the new ship).

So far, I have enough concepts to make up at least a 7-deck tall monster (could possibly be larger than that) that would have to be a 1 x 1.5 local embark tile-size minimum behemoth (props/wings included). Of course, also having to take some advantage of the excess space I seemingly wasted on the last model that would allow for the Bloodfist to take advantage of the rear-pivot maneuvering point, according to the weight balance or center of gravity on the ship. Considering this next model would be more war-machine than the last one, and according to the history of the "universe" that Bloodfist and it's residents take place in, it has influenced other races, castes, religions (based on the ship itself, by witness) and cultures to attempt copycat creations with either grounded operational failures (essentially big wooden stationary tanks with bladed defenses), to tiny successes (1-boiler pocket airships, essentially air-cogs) with dwarven, human, and goblin (and maybe Orc) sky pirates. Considering the threat, a more proper war machine with air-air defense as well as air-ground offense is a must. (fan creations are especially welcome in this department with something that can actually compete with something to-scale). Just as well, in fear of the inevitable, but to at least prolong it, the crew, before retiring the ship, decided to head off the continent/world they grew up and lived on for ages, and founded a new mountainhome in a new world. The captain is the new queen of said mountainhome, and issues orders for a new ship to be made, one mightier than the Bloodfist itself. Take note from her bible of her experiences, as well as the memories of the lost.

Considering I intend to use the most recent versions, major redesigns are being considered (and it's actually got me more interested, and allows for a potential new backstory to include, at least referencing the last survivors/project finishers/crew), as well as fixing flaws of my past design that eventually found their way to nagging my mind (especially came when hanging out inside it in Minecraft) or placing it in Skylands or something.

If I decide to (what the hell, why not?), I can possibly open a new thread in the community board for the story and gameplay records, as well as run it as a community fort. You know, get the fans included in the ‼fun‼. Plus, it would make more sense for the linking and such. Project commentary and Q&A can stay in the project thread, and the community fort stuff stays in the community fort thread. I'll find a way to make it work. Plus, it'll count as my first community fort and also contribute to another project. ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:44:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39812 on: February 18, 2011, 11:29:08 pm »

Ala ma kota?

Not quite that basic.

Huh.  The translated page informs me that it is for foreigners picking up Polish, and yet the entire danged thing is in Polish and only Polish (so I thought it had to be for Poles >_>).

Well, blow me down.

But anyway, I now know enough Russian that I can quite easily understand what the text is attempting to demonstrate, and so it seems like an interesting and educational source.

Went book-shopping at the local library book-sale.  Now own another bag of books, many of which are from French Africa and subsequently rather rare in the US.

Other purchases: The Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged, Norton edition of Homer's Odyssey, Oblomov, and a lot of other stuff.

Whahey~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39813 on: February 18, 2011, 11:30:15 pm »

urgh, i see a Ayn Rand book in there -.-

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #39814 on: February 18, 2011, 11:30:58 pm »

Two in fact.

Rand was a decent prose stylist.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39815 on: February 18, 2011, 11:33:02 pm »

Atlas Shrugged is not a book to book to be tossed aside. It is a book to be thrown forcefully.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39816 on: February 18, 2011, 11:33:41 pm »

average 50 złoty for the Polish book, how much is that in dollars?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #39817 on: February 18, 2011, 11:37:31 pm »

You can't know if something is awful or not until you've read it and everyone should have the opportunity to read it and pass judgment for themselves.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39818 on: February 19, 2011, 12:04:01 am »

Two in fact.

Rand was a decent prose stylist.

Atlas Shrugged is not a book to book to be tossed aside. It is a book to be thrown forcefully.

You can't know if something is awful or not until you've read it and everyone should have the opportunity to read it and pass judgment for themselves.

Know thy enemy.

average 50 złoty for the Polish book, how much is that in dollars?

$20.  Still, paying 5% is pretty good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39819 on: February 19, 2011, 12:25:31 am »

Just make sure that you don't throw it in anyones direction.

That shit will fucking kill someone.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39820 on: February 19, 2011, 12:32:25 am »

i have read Ayn Rand's books, i think they are horrible but thats my opinion.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #39821 on: February 19, 2011, 12:33:59 am »

Honestly, I prefer my Randian objectivism as interpreted through the lens of an epic fantasy book series television adaptation. Produced by Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert, the Xena guys, the Evil Dead guys.

The villian is a fantasy king who resides at The People's Palace. ;)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39822 on: February 19, 2011, 12:35:00 am »

sword of truth?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39823 on: February 19, 2011, 12:35:51 am »

i have read Ayn Rand's books, i think they are horrible but thats my opinion.

I think she's horrible, too, but all the same I want to know what she has to say and how she says it.  Bioshock kind of piqued my interest in her work, I guess.

Honestly, I prefer my Randian objectivism as interpreted through the lens of an epic fantasy book series television adaptation. Produced by Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert, the Xena guys, the Evil Dead guys.

The villian is a fantasy king who resides at The People's Palace. ;)

Which series?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Pages: 1 ... 2653 2654 [2655] 2656 2657 ... 13325