Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2617 2618 [2619] 2620 2621 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808884 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39270 on: February 13, 2011, 03:45:05 pm »

... Looking forward to it :D

Also, this is the Japanese wikipedia article on Tetris.  Compare with the Russian and English articles.  Note that Tetris was in fact invented in Russia.

This picture is why Japan scares me.
If you think that's crazy...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39271 on: February 13, 2011, 03:46:28 pm »

Also, this is the Japanese wikipedia article on Tetris.  Compare with the Russian and English articles.  Note that Tetris was in fact invented in Russia.

x.x

not even possible for me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39272 on: February 13, 2011, 03:49:36 pm »

Note that that video takes place immediately after finishing 999 levels of Tetris, increasing in difficulty exponentially.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39273 on: February 13, 2011, 04:03:32 pm »

Super rot is relatively easy.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39274 on: February 13, 2011, 04:05:25 pm »

It's not that hard when you realize how experts play. Though it's only really possible if the Tetris game in question has the 7 bag generator. They split the screen into sections and place pieces in a specific order. There's a pattern you start with. One you switch to after a few finishes of the first pattern. And then you go back to the old one and repeat. Games that let you hold pieces make it even easier.

Not to say it's easy to LEARN but it can be reduced to muscle memory.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #39275 on: February 13, 2011, 04:31:47 pm »

That's how I managed to score over 250,000 2,500,000 points and reach level 25 (or was it 35?) in a Tetris game on my old cell phone. I abused that move whenever I could, especially once the pieces were falling so fast, they were near instantaneous. My new touchscreen phone actually makes playing Tetris harder. I miss the old keypad.

EDIT:
I was off by a digit; I remembered to backup my data one way or another before switching phones. Checked the data, yep, I was a digit off. not a quarter million, but 2.5M; and it was actually level 54 I reached. Then again, I had the phone advantage of pausing by closing it.

EDIT EDIT:
↓ I tried making the game pity me by screwing myself over. Got 3 lines tops from it.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Wow, in a prior version (flash version as well), I managed to score 15 lines.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:50:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39276 on: February 13, 2011, 04:38:52 pm »

Still, I have yet to hear of any strategy that works for Bastard Tetris, in which the game tries to make things as difficult as possible.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39277 on: February 13, 2011, 04:42:28 pm »

The random number Tetris god clearly doesn't like those playing bastet.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39278 on: February 13, 2011, 04:43:47 pm »

I got the router to work at my Grandma's.  It doesn't run too well in the basement though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39279 on: February 13, 2011, 04:54:51 pm »

I got the router to work at my Grandma's.  It doesn't run too well in the basement though.
Struck form his home in the heavens, the Man is sent down to the bowels of the foundation of the world to suffer the ultimate torment.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39280 on: February 13, 2011, 05:27:00 pm »

... I know there isn't any but I see innuendo.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39281 on: February 13, 2011, 05:36:23 pm »

Yeah, I'm liking how DS emulators run 100% speed for me now.  Now we just need a well working PSP one...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39282 on: February 13, 2011, 05:40:06 pm »

I just had like a five game massacring streak on Hidden Source.  I changed my handle to Gamzee Makara, started honking, and painted the wicked pictures.  When they go to sleep tonight they'll dream nothing but CLOWNS OF A GRIM PERSUASION WHICH MAY NOT BE IN FULL POSSESSION OF THEIR MENTAL FACULTIES.

The only person who survived an encounter with me did it by hiding in a vent that was meant for the hidden but foolishly placed where the IRIS could reach it by some careless developer.  He sat there knowing full well there way no way I could reach him and not get my ass shot off.

Unluckily for him, I am really good at being a horribly unfair IRIS.  I was back to being hidden next game.

Unfortunately everyone left :s

Anyway, look at the way she's perking up her boobs.  She's totally talking about a tasteful nude photoshoot.
Shoes...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39283 on: February 13, 2011, 05:45:40 pm »

My program suddenly decided to work after I removed a few lines I didn't need, so I'm happy.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39284 on: February 13, 2011, 05:49:24 pm »

Hulu has Carl Sagan's Cosmos. :D
Pages: 1 ... 2617 2618 [2619] 2620 2621 ... 13326