Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2616 2617 [2618] 2619 2620 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15810693 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39255 on: February 13, 2011, 12:55:43 pm »

The only complaint I have 'bout DeSmuMe so far is that it couldn't play Twewy for a while. no$gba could play it, but oh god, the sound was crappy.
I also prefer the scaleable screens and the savestate hotkeys of DesMume (even though that sometimes bites me in the ass. Karma I guess), and it can rotate the screen, but no$gba has a ... ummm... whatcha call it? A better structured menu thing whose name I forgot.

Depends on your preferences really.

NO$Zoomer. It allows everything DeSmuME had. I'm playing it at about 1.5x screen size with screens beside eachother. And I still get constant 60fps despite running it in low priority.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39256 on: February 13, 2011, 01:20:27 pm »

NIce. Gonna get that as soon as my router can handle more than 100 kbps.

On an unrelated note, I found my headband again! Rock on! :D

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39257 on: February 13, 2011, 02:08:04 pm »

Got a big pad of graph paper for math class.  You know what the first thing I wanted to do was?  Make a dungeon.
Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39258 on: February 13, 2011, 02:09:52 pm »

*sigh*
i miss those days where i wasted many pages of graph papers with my buddies doing D&D, now everything is digitalized.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #39259 on: February 13, 2011, 02:17:57 pm »

As a leftie, I do not miss hand-drawing my maps at all.

I just banned like ~25 adbots from the Crimelike board. Feels good.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39260 on: February 13, 2011, 02:34:40 pm »

I'm also a leftie but I loved hand-drawing maps.  Even if people peeked at my notes only I could tell what the hell they said.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39261 on: February 13, 2011, 02:39:34 pm »

I can now say "mead" in English, French, Polish, Japanese, and Russian.
So... have you started drinking mead in order to make use of this?

No.  Actually, in a strange twist no one was anticipating, I hate alcohol.

But, given that that's one of my more useless areas of knowledge, I guess it makes me happy.

Nothing will trump navigational directions for ships in Japanese, though.  Nothing.

("There's an enemy fleet at 5 o'clock!  Launch the giant robots!  Fire the starboard cannons!")

Strangely, I don't think I have any specialized knowledge in French, which I speak much more fluently.  Maybe some obscure math and literature terms, but otherwise... I just basically have the basics.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #39262 on: February 13, 2011, 02:51:35 pm »

I used to make ships and weapons and such, and use the graph paper as a figure of measurement if they were for a set or something. Or at least use the graph paper to draft some ideas for modeling into 3D. At other times, I used the graph apper as a kind of ground for other stuff that goes on that sometimes defy dimension. Kinda like the red spiders portions of XKCD and such. Heck, even making some battle scenes and platformer puzzles and game level designs and such was a purpose (great for flash animation or game design). It also helps greatly for roguelike game planning (DF Adventure Mode or DoomRL), tabletop planning for certain strategies or tactics, and etc.

I love graph paper for the amount of things you can do with it. It really helps with doing design stuff as well. Makes scaling a hell of alot easier, especially if using graph mode (tuned to the dimensions you are using on paper) in Illustrator or similar programs. A smart and lazy method is scan the image, and line up the graph of the image with the graph BG in the program to make conversion a breeze.

EDIT:
I also managed to get me a program that allows me to operate parts of my computer and/or mouse, and games that lack gamepad support, with my gamepad. Adapting the mouse to the gamepad has made operating the mouse a whole lot more precise. I'm not sure where I can put it to use, but I'm having fun with this program so far. Just got it adjusted to work for NO$GBA. Now to find a way to convert the DeSmuME saves and savestates over to this program.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:09:24 pm by Itnetlolor »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39263 on: February 13, 2011, 02:53:28 pm »

No.  Actually, in a strange twist no one was anticipating, I hate alcohol.

But, given that that's one of my more useless areas of knowledge, I guess it makes me happy.

Nothing will trump navigational directions for ships in Japanese, though.  Nothing.

("There's an enemy fleet at 5 o'clock!  Launch the giant robots!  Fire the starboard cannons!")

Strangely, I don't think I have any specialized knowledge in French, which I speak much more fluently.  Maybe some obscure math and literature terms, but otherwise... I just basically have the basics.
Suuuuuuure it's useless.  When we see you riding a mecha drinking mead while commanding a fearsome 5 nation army, I will be the least surprised.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39264 on: February 13, 2011, 03:05:00 pm »

... Looking forward to it :D

Also, this is the Japanese wikipedia article on Tetris.  Compare with the Russian and English articles.  Note that Tetris was in fact invented in Russia.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39265 on: February 13, 2011, 03:14:17 pm »

yep, hurray for our red friends.
in other news my dumb laptop can run Jade Empire but it can't run KOTOR, fail.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:36:59 pm by Tellemurius »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39266 on: February 13, 2011, 03:32:33 pm »

... Looking forward to it :D

Also, this is the Japanese wikipedia article on Tetris.  Compare with the Russian and English articles.  Note that Tetris was in fact invented in Russia.

This picture is why Japan scares me.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39267 on: February 13, 2011, 03:34:58 pm »

i think i did one of those by accident, i stared for a bit because i had no fucking clue how is that possible.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39268 on: February 13, 2011, 03:41:11 pm »

I thought everyone knew about super rotation and wall kicks and stuff now?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39269 on: February 13, 2011, 03:42:58 pm »

eh, was it in the first version?
Pages: 1 ... 2616 2617 [2618] 2619 2620 ... 13326