Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2601 2602 [2603] 2604 2605 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833068 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39030 on: February 11, 2011, 02:47:57 pm »

Ah, a Lithuanian.  Please excuse my error.
It's ok. : P

On a side note, I never knew Lithuania had such beautiful places.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why have I never seen photos of Merkys before? It's one of the less famous rivers in Lithuania, but the famous ones happen to be famous for their size, not beauty. Odd how you think you know everything about your country then understand that there are actually many less famous places that are worth visiting. Thanks, Wikipedia.

Uggh...so much green...
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39031 on: February 11, 2011, 02:52:48 pm »

Other thing that makes me happy today: German Wikipedia is freaking amazing.  I can't read it yet, but it's so much better-organized than ours (or so it seems).  Geez...
Eddie Izzard can attest to the organizational abilities of the Germans.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39032 on: February 11, 2011, 02:58:53 pm »

Huh?  I think that the average European probably puts their fork in their left hand and cuts with their right, as opposed to the American "both fork and knife go in the right hand when they're being used, and they swap positions whenever you change what you're doing.  When in doubt, just forget about the knife and cut with the fork's edge."

Interesting. I didn't knew that.
I always assumed everybody employing cutlery used to eat like we do.

However the American technique isn't unkown here, it's just that it gets used mainly by kids (I used to eat like that), until your parents set you straight.
This, mostly. I still often use only one hand (especially when the food is "cutable" with the fork-side, so I don't have to change as often ;)), but as soon as there is any kind of "formality" (even if it's the smallest amount you could possibly imagine, like eating dinner at grandma's) I automatically switch to using both. I don't think anyone would mind if I only used one hand, though. It's not an unspoken law or anything like that, at least not any more, I think it's more a social habit than anything anyone considers important. Well, except for snobs, of course, which exist everywhere.
Love, scriver~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39033 on: February 11, 2011, 03:20:51 pm »

i know right? we can't learn about all of these epic battles on the east side cause West side thinks they got cooler battles. thank you wiki for bringing these to the light.
I wouldn't call Lithuania east. And we're sick of our battles, trust me. Mainly because we learn about that one battle EVERY FREAKING YEAR. You know what year it happened in? 1410. You know why I remember? Cause i got that hammered into my head at 4th grade and hammered deeper each year after that. Hell, I could make a map with the positions of all the squads from memory.
 However once you get past school material, it's a lot more interesting. Funny how those Teutons with their large amount of heavy steel clad cavalry knights got completely crushed by our cloth/leather level mostly untrained soldiers with clubs and light chainmail boyars with spears.
That seemed awfully familiar the first time I read it.
All got clear when I found out that "Deutscher Orden" was the equivalent of teutonic knights.
Was a rather short chapther in our even shorter history education.

But you think that's broing? Well at least you have some epic battle you're learning about.
We spend a lot of time learning about the Habsburg Monarchy. Being a kingdom which expanded solely through the use of political marriages, there couldn't be anything more boring to learn about. We spend most our time memorizing names and dates of birth/marriage/death.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39034 on: February 11, 2011, 03:26:26 pm »

I always thought the Habsburgs were really interesting and fun to read about, mainly because of the unusualness of the "conquests". Of course, we/I did not spend time on the individuals but more on the larger picture, nor did my schools put any real weight on this knowledge, which I guess makes the whole ordeal a lot less boring.
Love, scriver~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39035 on: February 11, 2011, 03:37:28 pm »

I always thought the Habsburgs were really interesting and fun to read about, mainly because of the unusualness of the "conquests". Of course, we/I did not spend time on the individuals but more on the larger picture, nor did my schools put any real weight on this knowledge, which I guess makes the whole ordeal a lot less boring.

Well, many european countries still put a lot of pride in their history.
My father still rages about the incorrectness of Austrian history books regarding events where Poland was involved.

On another note, I just found out there's a Zero Punctuation review on Minecraft.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:50:17 pm by Mindmaker »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39036 on: February 11, 2011, 04:14:44 pm »

I hate the idea that anyone thinks they're high and mighty enough to decide that there are right or wrong ways to stuff one's face with sustenance.  If I'm eating something I need to cut with a knife, I'll hold fork with left hand, cut with right hand, and then use the knife to put food in my mouth.  The fork is only there to hold food still while I cut it.  I get a lot of flak from people about this, but never really cared.  People have also nagged me about changing sitting positions constantly, including sitting on my feet, perching like a vulture, etc.  But I have much healthier joints, flexibility, and solid muscle tone than most of the people who have commented on it, so fuck em.  If I sit still for too long, I can feel my body begin to stagnate and I have to move.  This is half the reason I've done little but sit in front of a computer for the last 4 years, but have barely gained any weight and still look like I'm kind of in shape.  I have absolutely no tolerance for snobs who act like they know what is best for everyone.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39037 on: February 11, 2011, 04:39:31 pm »

Mr. H is the shop guy who taught zetta-guy how to summon the black noise, right? He's awesome.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39038 on: February 11, 2011, 04:43:20 pm »

Mr. H is the shop guy who taught zetta-guy how to summon the black noise, right? He's awesome.
You mean pi face aka the grim heaper aka Dr. Pin. Apparently there's a good reason for Hanekoma doing so and risking to become a fallen angel, but yeah, he's cool. Can't get to him though since I can't kill the pig on floor 10. xP

And guess which pin he sells...

On topic, it's weekend, and homework's all done. Woohooo!!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39039 on: February 11, 2011, 06:02:19 pm »

Oh gog what is this flat wood thing in my doorway?!

Also, the basement is ripe for office chair shehanigans. (dammit IE doesn't have spell checker ;_;)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39040 on: February 11, 2011, 06:04:15 pm »

On a red faction spree.
Using car+Mining charges in geurilla = a very nice kaboom
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39041 on: February 11, 2011, 06:04:25 pm »

I got one of my two stories for creative writing done. It sucks, but it's done (as far as a rough draft goes).

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39042 on: February 11, 2011, 06:16:36 pm »

I've tried and failed before because of technical difficulty's but...

LP maybe?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39043 on: February 11, 2011, 06:17:20 pm »

Please do!  That game looks neat.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.
Pages: 1 ... 2601 2602 [2603] 2604 2605 ... 13326