Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2600 2601 [2602] 2603 2604 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833205 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39015 on: February 11, 2011, 01:47:39 pm »

Over here (Scotland) it's fork in the right hand, knife in the left hand, excepting when you're eating without a knife in which it's fork in the dominant hand.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39016 on: February 11, 2011, 01:48:29 pm »

Over here (Scotland) it's fork in the right hand, knife in the left hand, excepting when you're eating without a knife in which it's fork in the dominant hand.

... Therefore Scotland is not part of Europe.

(No, I'm kidding.  Thank you for the correction)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39017 on: February 11, 2011, 01:50:10 pm »

True Fact: The only thing I eat that requires silverware is ice cream.  Spoon in left hand.

EDIT:  Holy shit, anyone remember dunkaroos?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:52:44 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39018 on: February 11, 2011, 01:57:45 pm »

Other thing that makes me happy today: German Wikipedia is freaking amazing.  I can't read it yet, but it's so much better-organized than ours (or so it seems).  Geez...

Actually, I'm really looking forward to speaking a few more languages, because right now the only thing I'm really fluent in other than English is French.  That's good for food articles and stuff, but I want to know about Russia and Germany, too...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39019 on: February 11, 2011, 01:57:51 pm »

these?

no

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39020 on: February 11, 2011, 01:58:36 pm »

Huh?  I think that the average European probably puts their fork in their left hand and cuts with their right, as opposed to the American "both fork and knife go in the right hand when they're being used, and they swap positions whenever you change what you're doing.  When in doubt, just forget about the knife and cut with the fork's edge."

Interesting. I didn't knew that.
I always assumed everybody employing cutlery used to eat like we do.

However the American technique isn't unkown here, it's just that it gets used mainly by kids (I used to eat like that), until your parents set you straight.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39021 on: February 11, 2011, 01:59:02 pm »

Cracked pepper?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39022 on: February 11, 2011, 02:03:43 pm »

Spoiler: Oh hell ya! (click to show/hide)
You're next Mr. H!

That game is fucking awesome.
You know what's even better?

This game looks like something I would like, weren't it for the combat system.
Yes, yes, turn based systems are horribly stale, boring and whatever, but they work and there's always a possibility to add something innovative into it, that makes it fun.
Sure, turn based battles can be good. Then again, so can alternative systems. It is NEVER wrong to take a chance and try something new. Besides, you can do well enough ignoring the top screen until you've gotten a hang of watching two places at once.
I play by ignoring the lower screen. I let neku just run around and ram stuff with his wolf pin, and I can concentrate fully on the upper screen (obviously, this doesn't work on the final boss)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39023 on: February 11, 2011, 02:03:52 pm »

Other thing that makes me happy today: German Wikipedia is freaking amazing.  I can't read it yet, but it's so much better-organized than ours (or so it seems).  Geez...

Haven't noticed a difference that far.
However, when the article is unsatisfactory switching it to german can fix the problem, or the other way round.
I like how every language seems to be specialized on some area.

Polish articles about historical wars are pretty detailed. How suprising...

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39024 on: February 11, 2011, 02:17:49 pm »

Huh. When I look at "Žalgirio mūšis" as an actual work of art instead of a picture in a history book for a topic we discuss every year in school so much it makes me cry blood, it's actually a really nice painting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No better pictures on the internet. This one doesn't do the painting justice. Probably took a lot of effort. Notice Vytautas the Great in the middle and Ulrich von Jungingen getting killed slightly to the left.
 Apparently Vytautas the Great also has a very interesting-looking church named after him. Wikipedia, heh. The moar you know.

Edit: What? I like history. : P
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39025 on: February 11, 2011, 02:20:17 pm »

i know right? we can't learn about all of these epic battles on the east side cause West side thinks they got cooler battles. thank you wiki for bringing these to the light.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39026 on: February 11, 2011, 02:26:37 pm »

i know right? we can't learn about all of these epic battles on the east side cause West side thinks they got cooler battles. thank you wiki for bringing these to the light.
I wouldn't call Lithuania east. And we're sick of our battles, trust me. Mainly because we learn about that one battle EVERY FREAKING YEAR. You know what year it happened in? 1410. You know why I remember? Cause i got that hammered into my head at 4th grade and hammered deeper each year after that. Hell, I could make a map with the positions of all the squads from memory.
 However once you get past school material, it's a lot more interesting. Funny how those Teutons with their large amount of heavy steel clad cavalry knights got completely crushed by our cloth/leather level mostly untrained soldiers with clubs and light chainmail boyars with spears.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39027 on: February 11, 2011, 02:29:10 pm »

Yeah, I heard somewhere that that was due to a fake Polish surrender, which the Lithuanians then used to their advantage.

Pretty sneaky.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39028 on: February 11, 2011, 02:34:50 pm »

Yeah, I heard somewhere that that was due to a fake Polish surrender, which the Lithuanians then used to their advantage.

Pretty sneaky.
Not Polish. The war was Lithuanians, Poles and lots of eastern mercenaries against Teutons and knights from all of west Europe. The Poles, some of the Lithuanian army and eastern mercenaries kept fighting the Teutons, while Vytautas the Great with a few battalions pretended to retreat, but actually hid in the forest and attacked the Teutonic army from the other side, thus surrounding them. I'm pretty sure he also managed to attack the enemy camp while approaching the army.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39029 on: February 11, 2011, 02:40:05 pm »

Ah, a Lithuanian.  Please excuse my error.

Pages: 1 ... 2600 2601 [2602] 2603 2604 ... 13326