Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2599 2600 [2601] 2602 2603 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833060 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39000 on: February 11, 2011, 01:17:55 pm »

Watching the Egyptian "revolution" on television is genuinely moving.  There's not many things that I get sentimental over, I'm just not very easy to excite.  But just to be able to sit and witness history being made, these are the moments we live for.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #39001 on: February 11, 2011, 01:18:18 pm »

Less than 5 hours until RIT's ImagineCup starts! :D
48 hours of wonderful game programming with free foodz sponsored by Microsoft.

Oh, and a free Halo: Reach copy to every team that signs up. Not that I have an XBox.

Now if only I can manage to score a summer co-op job while there...
shit i been trying to get some people for the DreamBuildPlay challenge but no go for that. get working you code monkey! XD

Cracked pepper on your code?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39002 on: February 11, 2011, 01:19:32 pm »

no i can't handle graphics engine, i can only attach variables with them, my work is scripting.

sweet the doors are very appropriate for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PECk9A-07Pw
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:24:40 pm by Tellemurius »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39003 on: February 11, 2011, 01:26:51 pm »

May I inquire what your exact beliefs on European table manners and dining customs are?
Because this sounds to me, like you think the average european is overextended with the use cutlery.

Huh?  I think that the average European probably puts their fork in their left hand and cuts with their right, as opposed to the American "both fork and knife go in the right hand when they're being used, and they swap positions whenever you change what you're doing.  When in doubt, just forget about the knife and cut with the fork's edge."

Watching the Egyptian "revolution" on television is genuinely moving.  There's not many things that I get sentimental over, I'm just not very easy to excite.  But just to be able to sit and witness history being made, these are the moments we live for.

Bah, there's no TV reception where I live.  Maybe I'll be able to get something from the internet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39004 on: February 11, 2011, 01:28:48 pm »

i had always cut with the knife in my left hand... am i weird?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39005 on: February 11, 2011, 01:30:10 pm »

Huh?  I think that the average European probably puts their fork in their left hand and cuts with their right, as opposed to the American "both fork and knife go in the right hand when they're being used, and they swap positions whenever you change what you're doing.  When in doubt, just forget about the knife and cut with the fork's edge."
I definitely use left for fork and right for knife, but I didn't know it was any different in America...?

Bah, there's no TV reception where I live.  Maybe I'll be able to get something from the internet.
There are live updates on some news sites.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39006 on: February 11, 2011, 01:31:38 pm »

I'm left handed. I do everything important with my left hand.
 Also I always write in cursive. Now that's weird.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39007 on: February 11, 2011, 01:33:05 pm »

Yes.  Yes, you are.

I definitely use left for fork and right for knife, but I didn't know it was any different in America...?

Yeah, we switch hands, and apparently in Germany you use your knife to help shove food onto the fork.  They even have food pushers to teach their kids to eat that way, kind of like Asian folks can have springy connected chopsticks to teach proper style.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39008 on: February 11, 2011, 01:33:16 pm »

I use both eating implements in my right hand as well.

Also, I have a shitton of ham sandwiches, begging from friends, while humiliating, is profitable.
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39009 on: February 11, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »

im right handed and can't say that im ambidextrous (maybe for shooting and knifefights), i just found it more comfortable to use a knife with my left hand.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39010 on: February 11, 2011, 01:35:20 pm »

im right handed and can't say that im ambidextrous (maybe for shooting and knifefights), i just found it more comfortable to use a knife with my left hand.

Yeah, but that's basically no one's particular style ^_^;;

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39011 on: February 11, 2011, 01:40:57 pm »

Yeah, we switch hands, and apparently in Germany you use your knife to help shove food onto the fork.  They even have food pushers to teach their kids to eat that way, kind of like Asian folks can have springy connected chopsticks to teach proper style.
We have uh... being told to use your fork in your left hand until you do.  It's hardly universal here though.

I use both eating implements in my right hand as well.
Damn, don't you end up stabbing yourself in the face every time you try to eat a mouthful?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39012 on: February 11, 2011, 01:41:52 pm »

Alternating, of course :P
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39013 on: February 11, 2011, 01:42:44 pm »

holy crap, you're telling me im the only one that uses left hand knife cutting?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39014 on: February 11, 2011, 01:44:24 pm »

holy crap, you're telling me im the only one that uses left hand knife cutting?

Not the only one.  The results aren't back from the polls yet.  But it's not the American or European standard.

Pages: 1 ... 2599 2600 [2601] 2602 2603 ... 13326