Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2598 2599 [2600] 2601 2602 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833499 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38985 on: February 11, 2011, 10:59:17 am »

so my dad gave me a order to start stocking up for Fat Tuesday, Pączkis here i come!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38986 on: February 11, 2011, 11:00:22 am »

I liked this combat system:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It forgets to mention that attacks have various ways of hitting the enemy.
Some only damage the nearest enemy, some the one with the least health, some pierce through rows, some hit the outer right enemy and rotate the formation counterclockwise etc.
It's tactical, it's resonably fresh and it's fun to execute your newly employed tactic.
Furthermore every enemy has different resistences and weaknesses, which require a careful choice of items you bring into battle.
The type of damage an item deals is also dependant on items, as well as the character who uses it.

Well, the combat system isn't the main part of this game, but it's nevertheless enjoyable.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38987 on: February 11, 2011, 11:00:35 am »

I always cut up everything into bite-sized pieces at the beginning of the meal and never touch the knife again. Or if the food is soft enough just use the side of the fork. Sounds like it would work well on 50 different types of potato dishes.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38988 on: February 11, 2011, 11:02:18 am »

I have a diet that doesn't really consist of anything that needs a knife to eat.

asferot

• Bay Watcher
  • Dont take it personal... If I destroy this world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38989 on: February 11, 2011, 11:17:47 am »

A huge snowstorm is at large outside!
And I love it!
There is not such thing as coincidence in this world. The only thing is Hitsuzen!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38990 on: February 11, 2011, 11:19:21 am »

A huge snowstorm is at large outside!
And I love it!
your avatar seems to mimic you then XD
and welcome

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38991 on: February 11, 2011, 11:28:35 am »

Paranoid is far easier to play on the piano than I thought.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38992 on: February 11, 2011, 11:51:20 am »

Spoiler: Oh hell ya! (click to show/hide)
You're next Mr. H!

That game is fucking awesome.
You know what's even better?

This game looks like something I would like, weren't it for the combat system.
Yes, yes, turn based systems are horribly stale, boring and whatever, but they work and there's always a possibility to add something innovative into it, that makes it fun.
Sure, turn based battles can be good. Then again, so can alternative systems. It is NEVER wrong to take a chance and try something new. Besides, you can do well enough ignoring the top screen until you've gotten a hang of watching two places at once.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38993 on: February 11, 2011, 12:05:02 pm »

Disproved the person who gave me math help here and came up with my own lovely answer.

Do-ho-ho.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38994 on: February 11, 2011, 12:12:42 pm »

So i got a go ahead from my Geo Professor to do some mining work, my inner dwarf is screaming in joy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38995 on: February 11, 2011, 12:22:32 pm »

I GOT THE JOB!

It's generally warehouse work, for the most part. I start on Monday.

Plus, the asshole stepdad got a call back for a Home Depot application that I put in for him.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38996 on: February 11, 2011, 12:24:21 pm »

Nice, Might help with the US's unemployment problem (Your stepdad)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #38997 on: February 11, 2011, 12:31:37 pm »

Less than 5 hours until RIT's ImagineCup starts! :D
48 hours of wonderful game programming with free foodz sponsored by Microsoft.

Oh, and a free Halo: Reach copy to every team that signs up. Not that I have an XBox.

Now if only I can manage to score a summer co-op job while there...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:34:06 pm by alway »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38998 on: February 11, 2011, 01:09:04 pm »

(Oddly enough, I usually eat only one warm meal a day for similar reasons, though I haven't yet gotten past my troubles with, indeed, swapping my knife and fork every three seconds like a moron [I actually thought I was the only dolt who ate like that, though that may have been because I was in a mostly European housing situation for a while].  Next step: move to Germany?)

May I inquire what your exact beliefs on European table manners and dining customs are?
Because this sounds to me, like you think the average european is overextended with the use cutlery.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38999 on: February 11, 2011, 01:14:43 pm »

Less than 5 hours until RIT's ImagineCup starts! :D
48 hours of wonderful game programming with free foodz sponsored by Microsoft.

Oh, and a free Halo: Reach copy to every team that signs up. Not that I have an XBox.

Now if only I can manage to score a summer co-op job while there...
shit i been trying to get some people for the DreamBuildPlay challenge but no go for that. get working you code monkey! XD
Pages: 1 ... 2598 2599 [2600] 2601 2602 ... 13326