Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2597 2598 [2599] 2600 2601 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833622 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38970 on: February 11, 2011, 09:14:25 am »

Actually managed to get a full nights sleep, with the downside of missing class today.
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38971 on: February 11, 2011, 09:27:48 am »

Spoiler: Oh hell ya! (click to show/hide)
You're next Mr. H!

That game is fucking awesome.
You know what's even better?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38972 on: February 11, 2011, 09:28:02 am »

You're next Mr. H!

What game is that?

Also: had a mini-rant about how the current educational system just kills people's desire to learn and discover and is all about tests and busywork instead of actual honest-to-possiblyexistantbeingsthatmay/maynothavecreatedeverythingand/orareabletocontroltheprocessofevolution learning.

That is, the TEACHER went on this rant.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38973 on: February 11, 2011, 09:40:17 am »

You're next Mr. H!

What game is that?

Also: had a mini-rant about how the current educational system just kills people's desire to learn and discover and is all about tests and busywork instead of actual honest-to-possiblyexistantbeingsthatmay/maynothavecreatedeverythingand/orareabletocontroltheprocessofevolution learning.

That teacher deserves a payrise and and a ministerial position  :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38974 on: February 11, 2011, 09:41:51 am »

You're next Mr. H!

What game is that?

This makes me happy, though I'm not sure I'm happy about the apparent creationist slant of your teacher's opinions.  Kids can read the Bible/other holy books on their own time, though they should be taught in school to interpret texts.  Also that pi is not 3.

The game is called The World Ends With You (Subarashii kono sekai [this world is wonderful]), and I can't find any way to make my computer run it.  More's the shame.

Also, got help with my math problem (from someone here <3) and it turns out that one of the things I'd been thinking of was correct--just hadn't been paying enough attention.  Wahey!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38975 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46:36 am »

You're next Mr. H!

What game is that?

This makes me happy, though I'm not sure I'm happy about the apparent creationist slant of your teacher's opinions.  Kids can read the Bible/other holy books on their own time, though they should be taught in school to interpret texts.  Also that pi is not 3.
He's an atheist actually. He just finds it fun to replace every instance where someone else would say "God' with "invisible Skyman", "Entity who's existence cannot be proven or disproven", and other things along those lines.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38976 on: February 11, 2011, 09:51:02 am »

Ah, okay.  So "god of the gaps."

That makes sense.

In additional news, I wish I could stop laughing.  Satirical blog on German culture (mostly as compared with American stuff); there's a partner site here that covers the other way around.

Hehehehhe
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38977 on: February 11, 2011, 10:41:18 am »

You're next Mr. H!

You know what's even better?

This game looks like something I would like, weren't it for the combat system.
Yes, yes, turn based systems are horribly stale, boring and whatever, but they work and there's always a possibility to add something innovative into it, that makes it fun.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38978 on: February 11, 2011, 10:48:13 am »

Ah, okay.  So "god of the gaps."

That makes sense.

In additional news, I wish I could stop laughing.  Satirical blog on German culture (mostly as compared with American stuff); there's a partner site here that covers the other way around.

Hehehehhe

Thank you, Vector. You just made my day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38979 on: February 11, 2011, 10:48:31 am »

i like the combat system, gives me a double chance to screw up XD

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38980 on: February 11, 2011, 10:52:31 am »

This
I finally did it! the first step in actually having something I must do  :D

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38981 on: February 11, 2011, 10:52:38 am »

Egg nog is not particularly delicious, so it could never make it as a viable product on its own
I'm sorry, I can't take this seriously anymore. Damn Germans and your taste for bizarre meats and your funny language.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38982 on: February 11, 2011, 10:57:13 am »

Thank you, Vector. You just made my day.

Haha, good to hear!  I've been laughing so hard that I wind up wheezing.  Read through the entire thing last night and this morning... but it was definitely worth it, especially because I still managed to get my homework done around bouts of amusement.

(Oddly enough, I usually eat only one warm meal a day for similar reasons, though I haven't yet gotten past my troubles with, indeed, swapping my knife and fork every three seconds like a moron [I actually thought I was the only dolt who ate like that, though that may have been because I was in a mostly European housing situation for a while].  Next step: move to Germany?)

I'm sorry, I can't take this seriously anymore. Damn Germans and your taste for bizarre meats and your funny language.

And something like 50 different uniquely named potato dishes >_>

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38983 on: February 11, 2011, 10:57:50 am »

This
I'll join and make sure to bug you whenever you get lazy.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38984 on: February 11, 2011, 10:58:52 am »

This
I'll join and make sure to bug you whenever you get lazy.

I'm unemployed and bored, so I'll always be on unless sleep gets in the way  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 2597 2598 [2599] 2600 2601 ... 13326