Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2589 2590 [2591] 2592 2593 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15835853 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38850 on: February 09, 2011, 10:32:11 pm »

While waiting for the new nova episode about Watson, I found this! :D
http://video.pbs.org/video/1754457671/
A Nova Science Now episode called "Can we live forever." With the answer a more or less resounding 'yes.'

Edit: Oh wow, watching some more Nova Science Now... I always remembered it as being heavy on corny/dumbed down analogies and light on science/tech information. Is it just my imagination, or has it turned into one of the best science shows out there?  ???
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:54:51 pm by alway »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38851 on: February 09, 2011, 10:35:24 pm »

I managed to down a mothership and take it on the ground with only 3 casualties! I'm quite amazed at how well it went, especially the 2 Megaspawn.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38852 on: February 09, 2011, 11:12:58 pm »

Did some 15-20 math problems in about 2 hours.  Whoo~

Now to make some egg drop soup and get the drop on the rest of my work.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38853 on: February 09, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »

Does that mean you're gonna spill your soup on your math?
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38854 on: February 09, 2011, 11:18:12 pm »

dude you had to bring that out did you?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38855 on: February 09, 2011, 11:22:17 pm »

Does that mean you're gonna spill your soup on your math?

No, it means that I'm doing work that's due in a week so that I can be laughing my way to midterm season.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38856 on: February 09, 2011, 11:23:23 pm »

im confident i passed my Functions Exam.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38857 on: February 10, 2011, 12:31:22 am »

I thought you were a veggie type? Do you eat other animal byproducts, such as milk and cheese, as well?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38858 on: February 10, 2011, 12:35:16 am »

Well, I know I drink milk but don't eat eggs, so it wouldn't surprise me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38859 on: February 10, 2011, 12:37:14 am »

The reason I ask is kind of odd: I was making linguine alfredo for dinner tonight, and wondered, "Would a vegetarian eat this? I know a vegan won't, but there are so many shades of foodism..."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38860 on: February 10, 2011, 12:39:06 am »

Vegetarian, not vegan =)

I generally don't drink milk or eat cheese, but I do eat a lot of eggs.  I also take fish oil dietary supplements because I can't keep my mood stable otherwise.  I'm working on changing my diet so that I get more of the necessary omega-3s, but right now it's not really possible.

Also, tomorrow I'm going to let China meet Japan and induce tamagozushi style egg mix into boiling broth to get a new sort of egg drop soup.  This was good, but I want to try something new.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38861 on: February 10, 2011, 12:40:38 am »

Maybe you could add some spinach wontons? Those always went over well when I lived with people who would actually eat them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38862 on: February 10, 2011, 12:41:25 am »

Also, tomorrow I'm going to let China meet Japan and induce tamagozushi style egg mix into boiling broth to get a new sort of egg drop soup.  This was good, but I want to try something new.
Usually every Sunday a similar thing happens as the Korean sisters and Japanese sisters make lunch for the congregation, and mixing their foods makes the most wonderful stuff.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38863 on: February 10, 2011, 12:42:35 am »

Maybe you could add some spinach wontons? Those always went over well when I lived with people who would actually eat them.

Hmm, I'll have to see about that.  Thanks for the idea.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38864 on: February 10, 2011, 12:45:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently, Pandora knows that I'm mad.

Pages: 1 ... 2589 2590 [2591] 2592 2593 ... 13326