Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2584 2585 [2586] 2587 2588 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837044 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38775 on: February 09, 2011, 12:22:13 am »

The only thing my Dad could introduce me to would be weight lifting, watching History channel, and wrestling bears while stoned.  Oh, you can say music too.  I heard Sublime from him.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38776 on: February 09, 2011, 12:23:26 am »

wrestling bears while stoned.

I want to here about this
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38777 on: February 09, 2011, 12:24:26 am »

Mine would've beaten Diablo 2 in one sitting.
He's the guy that introduced me to all sorts of cool stuff, like games, music, and anime.

Same with my dad (except for anime).  I was raised on Tolkien, roleplaying, video games, camping, and inappropriate music.  He thought it was hilarious to introduce me to NIN with Closer when I was 12 :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38778 on: February 09, 2011, 12:24:29 am »

You wouldn't wrestle a bear otherwise.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38779 on: February 09, 2011, 12:25:35 am »

Point taken.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38780 on: February 09, 2011, 12:25:40 am »

Had some fun with Hidden Source, but it should be known that HS could be a case study on how not to balance a game.  There are so many bullshit tactics it's hard not to just give in and become one of them.  It might sound like I'm mad, but I'm not.  I'm pretty good at it and on a good day stand a pretty good chance of winning as Hidden, and IRIS is easy.

Let's make a list:

1.  Pigstick.  The obvious one.  Anyone with half a sense of timing can easily wipe the floor by pigsticking.  You hit the button, and ~1 second later whatever's in front of your knife explodes.  It was made to counter camping, but most people just use it constantly and so it's been banned on most decent servers, which sucks because it's pretty good at its intended use and campers are endemic.

Segue...

2.  Camping.  Corners, rails, generators, vents, fences, you name it, you can hide there and if you've played a video game before chances are you have the reflexes to kill the hidden before he reaches you.  The main counter is pigsticking, but it's been banned in most places, and the places it hasn't are the Wild West, with every form of bullshit tactics imaginable flying everywhere.  In any given game, about a third of the players will immediately run to a secluded spot and sit there with a shotgun pointed at the only entrance.  It's not too hard to deal with though, most of the campers are horrible and you can pounce right onto their heads and then stab and they have no idea how to respond.

3.  Shotguns.  Shotguns are awful.  Flail around, click the mouse, hidden dies, feel good about yourself.  What's sad is that the F2000 is way better if you actually know what you're doing because you can hit the hidden from across the map and it's faster, but shotgun is easy to use.

Still, it's a fun game and a good player (Which I can be when I'm in a groove) can pretty easily counter most of the bullshit, but it's still bullshit and still pisses you off when you get killed by it.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38781 on: February 09, 2011, 12:29:11 am »

I just introduced my dad to Minecraft.
I foresee yet another summer of sitting in front of a screen all but 5 hours of the day.
I gave my Dad Diablo 2 a month ago and he's been going STRONG still trying to beat it.

EDIT:
Oh crap I just double posted for the first time since ever.
Mine would've beaten Diablo 2 in one sitting.
He's the guy that introduced me to all sorts of cool stuff, like games, music, and anime.
Sounds like me in regards to the next generation of my family. I've pretty much been introducing my nephew to some fun games and such from eons ago. I'm talking about games I used to play like mad. I mean, at least introduce him to good ol' classics before he goes on to the more recent stuff. He's already got a DS so he's got his share of games he's already playing through rather well. He's a fast learner with games. His teamwork skills could use some work though.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38782 on: February 09, 2011, 12:33:26 am »

Oh schnapps.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38783 on: February 09, 2011, 12:39:15 am »

My brother and I are completely caught up with One Piece which wouldn't have happened in the first place if my brother didn't give into the subs.  Now it's not a problem for anything.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38784 on: February 09, 2011, 12:41:57 am »

I don't have to take English next year because of a technicality in the articulation agreement between the college and the high school I go to. The school wanted Comp I and II to count as 11th grade English, with me needing to take two more next year to cover 12th grade English. The college then pointed out the clause wherein 5 credits of classes at the college is equal to an entire year at the high school.

Counselor Glenda: 1
Counselor Sandy: 0

More time for ridiculous hobbies and more math classes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38786 on: February 09, 2011, 12:59:42 am »

I've been shopping for monitors, but I'm dead set on getting a decent IPS display.  Probably not happening this year, since that market is really chaotic and expensive right now.

Behold, and weep at the majesty.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38787 on: February 09, 2011, 01:43:58 am »

Oh hey, Mustard Plug is pretty good too.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38788 on: February 09, 2011, 02:06:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38789 on: February 09, 2011, 02:06:58 am »

Yeah, it happens.

The terrain generator used to be even worse about them too.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 2584 2585 [2586] 2587 2588 ... 13326