Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2581 2582 [2583] 2584 2585 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836581 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38730 on: February 08, 2011, 09:50:15 pm »

So apparently I like Ska and somebody in class today commented that Ska people are the happiest people he knows so that's good for me to know.  Then we went through what the stereotype is for other music genres and somebody brought up hardcore people are usually assholes and I said something like they're listening to a song and they start yelling, "Why isn't this making me angry!"  Hehehe.

This would be an example of Ska, heh.  This too.

Also, irreverent (kind of), but Duketales - The Moon on Newgrounds!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38731 on: February 08, 2011, 09:51:46 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/09/will-bulletstorm-murder-your-children-no/
Well, it seems the reason rapes are committed has been found. According to Fox News (so it must be true!), explicit language like 'topless' in video games is the reason for rapes. Feel free to ROFL at your convenience.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not c
« Reply #38732 on: February 08, 2011, 09:54:26 pm »

So I found out about the nethack ports for ipod...

Now I hear a noise that sounds like my GPA going down the toilet, through the garbage disposal, and into the street in a used condom, all at the same time. In ASCII.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38733 on: February 08, 2011, 09:56:48 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/09/will-bulletstorm-murder-your-children-no/
Well, it seems the reason rapes are committed has been found. According to Fox News (so it must be true!), explicit language like 'topless' in video games is the reason for rapes. Feel free to ROFL at your convenience.
*Facedesks* I suppose I should bookmark this for when I eventually submit my essay on Video Game Violence for another class yet again (I can't begin to count how many times I've used it and gotten an A every time). And I think this is relevant.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38734 on: February 08, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »

That comic was unnecessary.  You could have just easily written that out because it doesn't have a really strong joke I haven't heard before, the art is the same in each one, and oh god those arms.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38735 on: February 08, 2011, 10:00:12 pm »

Also, irreverent (kind of), but Duketales - The Moon on Newgrounds!

Duketales, eh? This is actually slightly better than the original, and the Brentalfloss version. Good find!

Speaking of game-song remixes that stand on their own, I found a "Flamenco" version of the Aquatic Ruin theme from Sonic 2. It has a great Spanish feel, and if it seems too slow, hang in until 1:31, after which it starts to pick up. Guy's got a ton of great acoustic arrangements on his channel, and it needs some love.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:02:46 pm by Solifuge »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38736 on: February 08, 2011, 10:02:13 pm »

I would rather see a fat guy who thinks he looks sophisticated tell me that in real life or in an essay than read the same fat guy saying it in a comic that's supposed to be funny.

Ninja-edit:  ToonyMan is a pretty cool guy.
Shoes...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not c
« Reply #38737 on: February 08, 2011, 10:06:17 pm »

Some of the comments on that RPS article are so true.One of the best ways to increase sales is to get bashed by Fox.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38738 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:40 pm »

Speaking of game-song remixes that stand on their own, I found a "Flamenco" version of the Aquatic Ruin theme from Sonic 2. It has a great Spanish feel, and if it seems too slow, hang in until 1:31, after which it starts to pick up. Guy's got a ton of great acoustic arrangements on his channel, and it needs some love.
That Aquatic Ruin one is really good.  He even says he's going by his own beat without a metronome too which is pretty cool.  I'll give the others a go as well once this one's over.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38739 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:58 pm »

Some of the comments on that RPS article are so true.One of the best ways to increase sales is to get bashed by Fox.
WMG: Fox News was paid by Bulletstorm's creators to do a smear campaign on it. The same is true of Mass Effect.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38740 on: February 08, 2011, 10:09:29 pm »

I'm having a glorious day. Learned some trombone, played some awesome music on my Baritone, aced a Japanese test, aced a Physics test, aced a Calculus test, and it was warm enough to run without a hat.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38741 on: February 08, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »

To answer the guy in the comic because I have nothing better to do:

While it doesn't explain why sex in media is frowned upon, there are two major reasons violence is ok.

1.  Violence is the most direct representation of conflict, which is the most basic requirement of a story.  It's also the easiest to offer a player interaction with and evoke adrenaline response.
2.  One major purpose of games is to provide simulation of things that we can't/wouldn't do in real life.  Otherwise, we'd go do it in real life.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38742 on: February 08, 2011, 10:22:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

honk.
HONK
honk.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38743 on: February 08, 2011, 10:33:46 pm »

It's pretty terrifying the only injury he received he caused himself on purpose.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #38744 on: February 08, 2011, 10:34:54 pm »

Using AdBlock Plus to eliminate all those stupid little facebook like and connect icons.
[/post]
Pages: 1 ... 2581 2582 [2583] 2584 2585 ... 13326