Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2551 2552 [2553] 2554 2555 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15839051 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~ Every third post is a Touhou
« Reply #38280 on: February 04, 2011, 10:17:52 pm »

In order to maintain the forum title, I shall now post This
Oh hey bad apple.

Maybe it's just me, but the auto-tune on that sounds worse than the original.
Also, related.
That makes it seem.. Like a whole different genre.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~ Every third post is a Touhou
« Reply #38281 on: February 04, 2011, 10:18:43 pm »

ew, the english sounds horrible. anybody got link handy for the japanese version to wash my ears with?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38282 on: February 04, 2011, 10:20:44 pm »

That makes it seem.. Like a whole different genre.

It happened a really long time ago.
Somebody (Aqizzar? I forget) mentioned that the J-Pop vocals are annoying, and, of course, hardly fit the lyrics, so I bumped the pitch down 12% in Audacity and it sounded fucking amazing.
So I uploaded and shared it.
There was another version with the pitch at +50%.
It has since been purged with fire and, unless some poor soul downloaded it, exists no more.

ew, the english sounds horrible. anybody got link handy for the japanese version to wash my ears with?
Also, related.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38283 on: February 04, 2011, 10:24:03 pm »

was referring to the non-downpitched one, but that works too.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38284 on: February 04, 2011, 10:25:47 pm »

I like the human chorus version always a lot more because it just sounds better and more powerful.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38285 on: February 04, 2011, 10:25:58 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:09:13 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38286 on: February 04, 2011, 10:26:11 pm »

princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38287 on: February 04, 2011, 10:27:34 pm »

Went to a movie night with friends. Saw the movie RED.

It was a good movie. It's a feel-good action movie that handles things better than a simply bigger-boom action flick. A lot of the twists could be called long beforehand, but they are handled so well you don't really care. Although I can't help but feel my experience was a bit spoiled by Andrew Hussie. Ah, things are ramping up, things are going to plan, everything is gonna fall apart gloriously and the favorite characters are gonna die. Although that gave way to the absolute best part of the movie, the very last gunshot. Very nicely done movie.

Edit: I've seen that video, never really liked any of the touhou songs that were not remixed into amazing piano numbers or stuff that fits my taste. Although there was one video I stumbled upon of that very video redone animated on pieces of paper with a very nice light effect. I wish I still had that around, because even if I didn't like the music/video itself the animating of it and the light effect was well worth the watch.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:30:05 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38288 on: February 04, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »

Thanks for not spoilering it yourself then, because it sounds like a good compliment to The Expendables.  I wonder when we're going to get some new movie stars who aren't total retards and sadsacks.

Somebody (Aqizzar? I forget) mentioned that the J-Pop vocals are annoying, and, of course, hardly fit the lyrics, so I bumped the pitch down 12% in Audacity and it sounded fucking amazing.
So I uploaded and shared it.

I here my name, and am summoned.  I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, so that probably wasn't me.  If what Ochita just linked is what you're talking about, eh, it ain't bad.  I'm not a fan of J-pop, but as techno-rock-ish music goes, that song has its charms.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38289 on: February 04, 2011, 10:33:08 pm »

damnit i lost, but i burned off that energy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38292 on: February 04, 2011, 10:36:14 pm »

Well it turns out I was the one who was dissatisfied with the high vocals.
Then Itnet expressed his opinion that it was now better, and a possible original version before auto-tuning.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38293 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:38 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:09:28 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38294 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:50 pm »

alright you guys done it, im downloading Touhou.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:58:27 pm by Tellemurius »
Pages: 1 ... 2551 2552 [2553] 2554 2555 ... 13326