Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2542 2543 [2544] 2545 2546 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845200 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~
« Reply #38145 on: February 03, 2011, 11:01:31 pm »

Spud.

Spud is his name.  Being eaten by my Russian skills is his game, once I've overtaken him--which I will do, soon enough, because he deserves to be beaten.  He challenged me, which is absolutely futile, and it's time for him to eat his punishment.

Because no one asks me to add 9 and 4 and gets away with it.

So you don't consider me a worthy opponent. it is as it should be. Mainly because I'm terribly with languages.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38146 on: February 03, 2011, 11:02:37 pm »

Apparently Holy Grail was released in the year of the wood rabbit.

That's oddly appropiate.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #38147 on: February 03, 2011, 11:03:43 pm »

Apparently Holy Grail was released in the year of the wood rabbit.

That's oddly appropiate.
Now the question is, was that planned, or is it the best coincidence ever?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38148 on: February 03, 2011, 11:03:57 pm »

The way you talk about it, I think it's actually somewhat appropriate to DF.

I always thought the Pokemon was a rather disturbing concept.  You beat the crap out of these seemingly peaceful and sentient creatures until they can't resist being stuffed inside a tiny little ball that finally wipes them of free will, turning them into mere tools for the beating, capture, and enslavement of more and more pokemon.

It ranks right up there with harvesting mermaids for their bones.  Yet deemed marketable to children after some heavy sugar-coating.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38149 on: February 03, 2011, 11:04:32 pm »

You're worthy enough, but I don't have to look at your stupid face every morning.  Plus, I actually like you and as such would actually feel bad about actively attempting to beat you into the floor.

Unlike Spud.

I shall keep you guys well-informed as to the ongoing battle.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38150 on: February 03, 2011, 11:17:39 pm »

I revised my song a bit.
There were some parts that went like this:
G------
D------
A--0-0-
E3-----

So I made them
G------
D------
A--2-0-
E3-----

and it sounds much better.
Of course, I still only have two verses of the six verses down, and one of them is actually the fifth, but I'm in no rush.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #38151 on: February 03, 2011, 11:36:22 pm »

The RIT library seems as if it may be replacing a copy of a book I've been hoping to read! Library's online site
Or at least I hope that's another copy. The last two copies apparently got borrowed and never returned almost 2 years ago.  ::)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38152 on: February 04, 2011, 12:20:02 am »

Borderands, Multiplayer Meltdown, is a laugh riot.  Just racing around, fighting over who gets to be in the pink dunebuggy, getting slaughtered by Skagzilla, being demolished by a level 45 Hunter in the Arena, and constantly cheating death by the skin of our teeth, enemy at a time in maps five levels above us.  So what if I'm the retarded little brother who gets to take all the punches and follow everyone going, "hey guys wait up you have to!", I haven't had this much fun online since Lord Of Destruction launched.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38153 on: February 04, 2011, 12:39:44 am »

I open up my textbook to do homework.
The lesson is 'The Complex Plane and Polar Form of Complex Numbers.'
It reminded me of the joke about that Polish guy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38154 on: February 04, 2011, 12:40:54 am »

I open up my textbook to do homework.
The lesson is 'The Complex Plane and Polar Form of Complex Numbers.'
It reminded me of the joke about that Polish guy.

... My existence is validated.  Vector is a happier person now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38155 on: February 04, 2011, 12:45:15 am »

Aside from Chapter 7 (trig identities), this has been my favourite year for math.
The next chapter is on conics and the last is on logarithmic and exponential functions.
Three awesome chapters for the whole semester and we're already on the last lesson for the first one.
Then I have Statistics next year, and I managed to convince many of my friends to take stats instead of calc as well.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38156 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:48 am »

Borderands, Multiplayer Meltdown, is a laugh riot.  Just racing around, fighting over who gets to be in the pink dunebuggy, getting slaughtered by Skagzilla, being demolished by a level 45 Hunter in the Arena, and constantly cheating death by the skin of our teeth, enemy at a time in maps five levels above us.  So what if I'm the retarded little brother who gets to take all the punches and follow everyone going, "hey guys wait up you have to!", I haven't had this much fun online since Lord Of Destruction launched.
Spoiler: Skagzilla! (click to show/hide)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38157 on: February 04, 2011, 12:47:43 am »

But once the teamwork got together well enough, I was getting taken down rather well. Still, you gotta love getting drained by transfusion grenades and a class IV flaming hawk, and then getting beaned by a sniper shotgun.

It got even more fun when my machine started trailing server-wise and I was essentially blind for the next half hour. I had to scorch or corrode my enemies so I can frikkin' spot them, or use the others as seeing eye dogs to triangulate where the enemies are. I surprisingly got some headshots in while not seeing my enemies.

EDIT:
Next time, we gotta take on Moxxi's arenas. So far, I've managed to reach the 3rd set of matches in the first arena myself, until I had an annoying parameter (I think it was no shields) and was against one-eyed jack. Ugh.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:54:47 am by Itnetlolor »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38158 on: February 04, 2011, 12:51:03 am »

Yeah, I've noticed glitches like that myself, where some objects just never load again.  I was lucky that it only happened with certain weapons.  The graphics engine seems to forget what it's doing from time to time.

Now, I didn't say exactly what order events transpired in.  We got slaughtered by Skagzilla, then Toony thought, "Doing mission order as intended is for pussies, lets bring in the BIG GUNS."  So Itnetlolor helped us obliterate Skagzilla, after our best effort had taken it down to 2/3 health.  And that is why Toony is leader.  God help us all.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38159 on: February 04, 2011, 12:51:54 am »

Spoiler: Skagzilla! (click to show/hide)

That creature reminds me of Atma Weapon from FF6... one of my favorite jprg boss fights of all time.  I plan on recreating it in 3d.  Already have most of the form fleshed out in ZSpheres.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2542 2543 [2544] 2545 2546 ... 13326