Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2509 2510 [2511] 2512 2513 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15852930 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #37650 on: February 01, 2011, 03:02:45 pm »

Just found my Borderlands disk. Time to postpone finding names and instead to shoot some stuff.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37651 on: February 01, 2011, 03:54:02 pm »

So I'm not the only one who opened the spoiler and thoughy "KITTY!!!!" tfft.

Hehe... yeah, wee Freyja is about 6 months old now, and she's still not half as big as the other cat. Her tail is a few inches longer than the rest of her body, though, which looks pretty silly.
Betty is only 1 year old and shes a runt due to brain damage ( i didn't do it >.>)
damn window is like crack to her.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37652 on: February 01, 2011, 04:29:44 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37653 on: February 01, 2011, 04:33:27 pm »

Oh dear, I'm going to have to work my way up from level 1 again when Borderlands finishes downloading.  At least I have the new stuff to look forward to.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37654 on: February 01, 2011, 04:37:21 pm »

Does anybody know how to deal with Mothrakk? F*cker kills me every time.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37655 on: February 01, 2011, 04:41:39 pm »

I hid under the roof of the vehicle depot, or whatever, that's in that area.

Has to be done.

Waking up to the voice of Nick Cave can make any day a good day.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37656 on: February 01, 2011, 05:22:41 pm »

We're having a full ice storm in Indianapolis.  Everything is solidly coated in a couple inches of ice.  I think it's awesome, but everyone else is overreacting.

It's cold enough that the ice is really dry, which actually catches friction really well.  I hardly slid at all driving, and then only when it was mildly intentional.  I gave myself 20 extra minutes to get to work, and ended up driving the speed limit most of the way.  I would actually take this over an average day of traffic, easily.

I really don't understand why people act like this kind of thing is a mini-apocalypse.  I think it makes life interesting and fun.  The scenery is beautiful.  Lastnight my trash can was iced shut, and I got to top-down kick it open in an epic explosion of shattering ice.  How often do you get excuses to add fun antics like that to daily routine?

I just wish I wasn't stuck at work.  I'd love to be out taking some pictures, or seeing how much force it would take from a thrown object to break the layer of ice over the nearby pond.   :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37657 on: February 01, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »

Lots, in my limited experience. Although, the canals in Bruge are probably a bit deeper and bigger, and have certainly been iced over longer at this point.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #37658 on: February 01, 2011, 05:27:59 pm »

I really don't understand why people act like this kind of thing is a mini-apocalypse.
Well, it gathers on power lines and that gets real heavy, even breaking sometimes.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37659 on: February 01, 2011, 05:29:06 pm »

I'm playing Old Maid with a bulldog, Princess Rosella from King's Quest, and Leisure Suit Larry.

Holy shit this takes me back.  Way back.  Like, oldest memories I'm confident aren't manufactured back.
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37660 on: February 01, 2011, 05:32:28 pm »

Lots, in my limited experience. Although, the canals in Bruge are probably a bit deeper and bigger, and have certainly been iced over longer at this point.

Yeah, it's right behind my kid's bus stop.  So a few times while waiting for the bus, we'd take turns throwing rocks out there.  I've thrown a couple bigs ones up pretty high, and managed to make large cracks appear... but this was a couple months ago and those rocks are still sitting there on the surface.  We've even had a couple major melts that wiped all the snow, but those rocks are still sitting there on that ice.

It's been a damn good winter.  Best we've had in almost 20 years.  I hope we get some below zero temperatures before it's over, so I can show my kids how bubbles will freeze in the air.  :)

I really don't understand why people act like this kind of thing is a mini-apocalypse.
Well, it gathers on power lines and that gets real heavy, even breaking sometimes.

That would be a potential negative, which thankfully hasn't happened yet.  I actually looked while I was out, and didn't see any ice gathered on the power lines.  I thought that was kind of odd.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37661 on: February 01, 2011, 05:33:32 pm »

You're joking. Goddamn it, it was -7 for most of the time I was in Europe. Why didn't I do that?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37662 on: February 01, 2011, 05:36:11 pm »

You're joking. Goddamn it, it was -7 for most of the time I was in Europe. Why didn't I do that?

Yeah.  We had one super-cold winter when I was like 9 or 10 years old.  We had a couple weeks straight of -20 temperatures.  One day I randomly wondered what would happen if I went outside and blew bubbles.  It was wondrous.  They freeze solid in the air and keep floating.  IIRC, you could even pick them out of the air if you were really careful.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37663 on: February 01, 2011, 05:38:11 pm »

That will forever haunt my dreams as something ridiculously awesome that I didn't think to do.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37664 on: February 01, 2011, 05:43:38 pm »

That will forever haunt my dreams as something ridiculously awesome that I didn't think to do.

You'll get more opportunities.  Just keep it in mind :)

I believe there's videos around of other people doing it, too.  I know there's videos of some boiling water trick at -20 F.  I haven't looked at that yet.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 2509 2510 [2511] 2512 2513 ... 13326