Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2486 2487 [2488] 2489 2490 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15863046 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #37305 on: January 29, 2011, 04:17:49 pm »

God damn, skulls are suppose to be strong too.  I hope nothing got damaged in there!  Did your family see this or something?!  I'm sure if my brother was puking everywhere and was bleeding from his head I wouldn't let him chill in the house.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37306 on: January 29, 2011, 04:18:29 pm »

That's what I'm saying!  You still feel pain, but you just plow on through.  I know if I was incapacitated somehow I would have a difficult time coping, some people man.

I take hits that would kill other men. I handle the pain from them like a hungry three year old. When I got hit by a car, my whole lower body was a broken mess of bones, and even though I recovered quickly, I was the biggest baby about it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37307 on: January 29, 2011, 04:19:32 pm »

lol about that, my brother went first on the ramp and flew off his bike grinding into the dirt, i never told anyone, and i wasn't bleeding, it just fucking hurt.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37308 on: January 29, 2011, 04:20:15 pm »

I learned to ignore most pain.
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37309 on: January 29, 2011, 04:21:23 pm »

That's what I'm saying!  You still feel pain, but you just plow on through.  I know if I was incapacitated somehow I would have a difficult time coping, some people man.

I take hits that would kill other men. I handle the pain from them like a hungry three year old. When I got hit by a car, my whole lower body was a broken mess of bones, and even though I recovered quickly, I was the biggest baby about it.
Fuck you're like a god damn tank full of Wolverines.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37310 on: January 29, 2011, 04:24:12 pm »

still waiting for a bullet shot and see how does that feel. i never got ran over before due to some dodging but i swear it will happen one day due to this idiot state and its very lame driving test.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37311 on: January 29, 2011, 04:24:27 pm »

I've never broken any bones or anything, but I have gotten badly sick far too many times. Scarlet fever and Chicken pox in first grade, chicken pox AGAIN in second, all sorts of fun stuff. And yet every time I complained all the way to the doctor, confusing him to no end when a child with scarlet fever insisted he was fine and wanted to go home. Yay for high pain tolerance!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37312 on: January 29, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »

I've avoided bad injuries for the vast majority of my life.
My only two trips to the hospital ever were for:
A. Being born.
B. Unexplained crippling chest pain that said hospital could do nothing to diagnose or treat. It eventually went away on its own.

I remember once falling off of an elevated fallen tree that I was walking on and falling several feet onto my arm. It wasn't fractured (At least, I don't think it was), but it sure was painful. Other than that, I once had a huge abscess on my baby molar, which was pretty quickly dealt with. My earliest memories are also of trying not to drown in my own vomit, having caught influenza at age four.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37313 on: January 29, 2011, 04:27:55 pm »

I don't remember ever getting sick...
*Hugs*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37314 on: January 29, 2011, 04:29:39 pm »

Only strained a muscle so far, after I've been trying to get in shape through running.
After a month of practicing it seriously, I nearly wasn't able to walk.
Well after that I pretty much gave up.

At least I'm at good health.
I don't catch any more than the occasional cold.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37315 on: January 29, 2011, 04:30:39 pm »

I don't remember ever getting sick...
Please don't go on a train that Samuel L. Jackson runs.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37316 on: January 29, 2011, 04:31:28 pm »

Confusedfacesaywha?
*Hugs*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37317 on: January 29, 2011, 04:33:12 pm »

I learned to ignore most pain.

It's not hard to do, in my opinion.  It's just a physical sensation.  Easy to objectify and distance yourself from.  It's not you that's feeling pain.  It's your arm.  You are not your arm.  Look at it.  It's right there in front of you.  Connected to you, sure.  But you can look at it and know the pain is right there in front of you being observed, not engulfing and controlling you.

My first MRSA infection, my elbow was radiating heat (people could feel it from a few inches away) and getting pretty swollen... but it was my friend's birthday and I was determined to take part in the festivities.  So I went ahead and played timmy ball with about a dozen people, which mostly involves tackling the crap out of each other for possession of the ball.  That's the whole game.  Keep hold of the ball/do whatever you can to get the ball from whoever has it.  Played for like half an hour.  Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever done, because the infection doubled in size in the next few hours and put me on an IV for the next 4 days.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37318 on: January 29, 2011, 04:41:25 pm »

Thread's taken a weird turn.  People brag about how badly they've been injured, ToonyMan snarks them, they keep going like he's serious, he keeps snarking.  Weird turn.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37319 on: January 29, 2011, 04:45:50 pm »

Thread's taken a weird turn.  People brag about how badly they've been injured, ToonyMan snarks them, they keep going like he's serious, he keeps snarking.  Weird turn.
I'm sure there's a latin term for this. Or at least there should be. Calami ad Infinium, if you will.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2486 2487 [2488] 2489 2490 ... 13326