Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2442 2443 [2444] 2445 2446 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797903 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #36645 on: January 24, 2011, 10:03:21 am »

my dad thought i was dyslexic after he watched me do my numbers backwards on my Financial Aid papers, he was pissed off that my teachers never noticed that i needed help, then i did them normally and my dad was "you can fucking do both?". do i have dyslexia? probably not, i do randomly write my numbers and letters normally and backwards combined but i can do it in flow.

Apparently, I've been writing letters and numbers backwards for my whole life... as in all the motions I use to write them are reversed. I think it must have been something that kindergarten me just decided to do, and had since forgot, since no one else I know does that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36646 on: January 24, 2011, 10:04:13 am »

Apparently, I've been writing letters and numbers backwards for my whole life... as in all the motions I use to write them are reversed. I think it must have been something that kindergarten me just decided to do, and had since forgot, since no one else I know does that.

Are you left-handed?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36647 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:17 am »

I always switch up letters of words with the letters of the next word I'm about to write, or a later part of the word. Perhaps I don't write/type as fast as I think? There seems to be some innate issue with mixing up letters that I always have to correct.

And first day of class whoo. Psychology class went well enough for the first day, professor is quirky as I expect one for this course to either be, the other option being straight up analytical hardass. New computers in the comp lab with really nice keyboards and these strange widescreen monitors that irritate my eyes, but I never use widescreen monitors so whatever. Nutrition in like an hour, only reason I'm taking it is because It's an easily transferable science/bio class. The college site is down so I can't look up any class information. I really should have printed my schedule when it was up instead of before class.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36648 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:46 am »

I found a brush gun. In new Vegas. At level 4.

Holy. Shit. Here I come game I'm gonna own you.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36649 on: January 24, 2011, 10:33:31 am »

Had my first run-in with one of the powder gang. Wuss.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36650 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:01 am »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36651 on: January 24, 2011, 11:09:11 am »

I'd watch myself if I were you, his skin is made of plastic.  And he's wearing tube socks and nylon sportshorts with no shirt.  You'll catch dork if you eat him.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36652 on: January 24, 2011, 11:10:16 am »

well it does fit your avatar. Except for the killing bit.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36653 on: January 24, 2011, 11:10:32 am »

No I just got murderous. Fuck you Primm, fuck you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36654 on: January 24, 2011, 11:10:50 am »

You'll catch dork if you eat him.
The Charisma, it'll plummet.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36655 on: January 24, 2011, 11:13:11 am »

You'll catch dork if you eat him.
The Charisma, it'll plummet.
Charisma Break!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36656 on: January 24, 2011, 11:51:06 am »

Are you left-handed?

I prefer to use my right hand, but I can do a lot of things reasonably well with my left hand too. I wouldn't call it ambidexterity, though. I learned to write on my right hand, though, so the backwards writing shouldn't be related to that.

I always switch up letters of words with the letters of the next word I'm about to write, or a later part of the word. Perhaps I don't write/type as fast as I think? There seems to be some innate issue with mixing up letters that I always have to correct.

When speaking I can do that sort of thing, which results in saying two similar words (which I'm trying to decide between) at the same time, or in taking liberties with word-order and sentence construction. "Magnificent" and "awesome" may want to become "magnawesent", though I'll usually stop myself in mid-word, and decide on one or the other.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:53:11 am by Solifuge »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36657 on: January 24, 2011, 11:55:22 am »

When speaking I can do that sort of thing, which results in saying two similar words (which I'm trying to decide between) at the same time, or in taking liberties with word-order and sentence construction. "Magnificent" and "awesome" may want to become "magnawesent", though I'll usually stop myself in mid-word, and decide on one or the other.
yeah, get that all the time too. Also leads to a lot of double negatives

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36658 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:11 pm »

my dad thought i was dyslexic after he watched me do my numbers backwards on my Financial Aid papers, he was pissed off that my teachers never noticed that i needed help, then i did them normally and my dad was "you can fucking do both?". do i have dyslexia? probably not, i do randomly write my numbers and letters normally and backwards combined but i can do it in flow.

i remembered in kindergarten my giant pencil for writing giant clusterfuck letters with a fist :P

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36659 on: January 24, 2011, 12:13:03 pm »

Are you left-handed?

I prefer to use my right hand, but I can do a lot of things reasonably well with my left hand too. I wouldn't call it ambidexterity, though. I learned to write on my right hand, though, so the backwards writing shouldn't be related to that.

My parents tell me that when I was learning to write in school, I would do so equally well with both hands and frequently switch.  Then the teacher told me I need to pick one and stick with it.  I'm now heavily right-handed.  It kinda pisses me off when I think about it.  I also wonder if one's handedness is an indicator of left/right brain dominance?  If so, I'm almost dead center between thinking/feeling on the meyers-briggs scale.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2442 2443 [2444] 2445 2446 ... 13325