Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2437 2438 [2439] 2440 2441 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798037 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #36570 on: January 23, 2011, 02:24:13 pm »

CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY YEAH.

In all seriousness, these are going to be some intense game. There are going to be heavy hits, and it's going to lead to a great Superbowl.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36571 on: January 23, 2011, 02:45:58 pm »

CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY YEAH.

In all seriousness, these are going to be some intense game. There are going to be heavy hits, and it's going to lead to a great Superbowl.
I am eagerly anticipating the same. Who's going to be in the Super Bowl? I'm hoping Bears/Jets, but it'll probably be Packers/Steelers.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36572 on: January 23, 2011, 02:46:52 pm »

Haha... Hah.....

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #36573 on: January 23, 2011, 02:47:18 pm »

Got heart gold!

Pokemons, here I come!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36574 on: January 23, 2011, 03:18:40 pm »

Well that evening wasn't even half bad.

Got some good music.
Watched an interesting move, pointed by one a likeable forum member, which I aquired with the help of another likeable forum member.
And now I'm going to read up on various references and definitions from my current book.

:)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36575 on: January 23, 2011, 03:42:01 pm »

I may be losing long-range vision, but I can still view stereograms and even stereovideo perfectly.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36576 on: January 23, 2011, 03:44:32 pm »

Been poking around for some Comic Books to test out this new reader program thing, and was surprised to find that the old Saturday morning Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon I remember from my childhood was apparently still going, in comic book form, 15-odd years later. I checked it out for the sake of nostalgia, and found that it had aged pretty well, and the recent stuff wasn't actually a terrible read. They seem to have avoided the shark-jumping and angstfest that became the game series, but had still given the characters and their stories some welcome depth. I found this blurb both a bit funny, and surprisingly sad:

For the first time, I actually felt a tiny bit of sympathy for a character who has seemed, through his various incarnations, to be little more than a flat, maniacal villain. Later on, after his descent into madness is complete, the authors also took the chance to slip in a few in-jokes and references, which made me grin too.

Holy shit.  I used to think I was the only person who had ever at any time given a shit about that comic.  The "shark-jumping and angstfest" was not avoided, and it did not age well.  Back when the cartoon itself finally ended, Sega hired co-director Ken Penders as chief-editor for their then-new comic.  By his own description, he spent twelve years doing his best to copy the 1970's Marvel comics he grew up with and give jobs to his wannabe-comic-people friends.  I picked up an archive of the comic online, from the turn of the millennium and it was literally unreadable.  Like, Awful Webcomic unreadable.  And supposedly Sega hated it because it didn't even live up to their standards of quality, and survived as a brand by some miracle a business college could do a course study on.

Around 2005(?), Sega fired Penders and most of his core staff, and replaced him with Ian Flynn, a Goon who for years made his own crappy notebook-paper Sonic fancomics on the Internet.  He supposedly knew real industry people who fronted him some writers, and for art hired a bunch of jukebox heroes off DeviantArt like Jon Gray, Jay Axer, Matt Herms (who colored that page, and whom I've met, awesome guy), and people emulating them.  Raging furries one and all, but it kinda comes with the territory.

I can't speak to the quality myself, but the stuff that comes up on /co/ from time to time is certainly good looking and well written.  I've tried reading a few issues, but Flynn is famous for tying up loose plots at the expense of humor or interest, so I have no fucking clue what's going on.  But hey, I got to ramble some of my weirdly specific experience with shit no one cares about, so thanks for the post.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36577 on: January 23, 2011, 04:00:06 pm »

I've read the two newest issues and they were pretty fun.  Don't know about the older 2000ish ones though.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36578 on: January 23, 2011, 04:25:12 pm »

I may be losing long-range vision, but I can still view stereograms and even stereovideo perfectly.

On that note,

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36579 on: January 23, 2011, 04:28:36 pm »

Wait a minute...
So I won a game of mafia?
On side of the town?

That can't be real.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36580 on: January 23, 2011, 04:31:05 pm »

I think I have found a solution to my FB problem: I'm going to open a gate from the underworld to somewhere outside my fortress. THat way FB's will be able to come out to the surface, and it will fall to goblin and kobold raiders to take care of them, instead of my soldiers.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36581 on: January 23, 2011, 04:35:24 pm »

On that note,
Huh. I see the difference in each frame.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36582 on: January 23, 2011, 04:38:33 pm »

It took me a second to figure it out, but how is the "test" supposed to work?  Because just spotting the difference in two different pictures doesn't suggest anything about stereoscopics.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36583 on: January 23, 2011, 04:39:12 pm »

Wait a minute...
So I won a game of mafia?
On side of the town?

That can't be real.
Plus you got the final kill.  So, well done!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36584 on: January 23, 2011, 04:40:06 pm »

How to view a stereogram:
  • View image straight with your face lined up with the seam in the middle.
  • Cross your eyes until the two images focus. Many stereograms have a reference 'dot' or, in this case, star, for this exact purpose.
  • Focus your eyes until the image becomes clear.
  • ???
  • Profit.
Pages: 1 ... 2437 2438 [2439] 2440 2441 ... 13325