Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2321 2322 [2323] 2324 2325 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15835401 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #34830 on: January 10, 2011, 08:13:04 pm »

I was about to say "Hey aren't you that guy from the SS13 thread that got banned?" But that looks awesome.  I'll check it out after I finish reaping the spoils of my secret victory that no one's allowed to know about because no one knows it was me.

I just found this post by me from a thread from over a year ago.  Now I'm trying my best to remember what my secret victory was.  I can almost remember...
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #34831 on: January 10, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »

This freaking Uplink UHL challenge. It's only UHL challenge #1, and I'm not finished with it yet; albeit, I also took a dinner break.

So many riddles, but good riddles while at it. Definitely a neat LAN challenge setup. Still haven't found the main server, but I have spotted a few traps and some riddles require lateral thinking to get by. You'll know what I mean when you try them out.

To make this more of a challenge, I think the challenge only allows for 24 hours (I'm going for in-game, rather than real-time) to complete it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:23:42 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34832 on: January 10, 2011, 08:36:02 pm »

Tom DeLay sentences to three years in prison for being a schmuck.  As a Texan, it makes me proud to see the legal system doing its job.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #34833 on: January 10, 2011, 08:41:57 pm »

Tom DeLay sentences to three years in prison for being a schmuck.  As a Texan, it makes me proud to see the legal system doing its job.
So you're glad his sentence wasn't DeLayed any further?
(Note: I have no idea who this "schmuck" is, I only wanted to make a horrible pun)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34835 on: January 10, 2011, 09:11:07 pm »

Unlocked suicidal difficulty in Beat Hazard. Proceeded to die beautifully in this song while blasting a rainbow colored death beam. Too bad I can't have a double ship like in Galaga.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34836 on: January 10, 2011, 09:12:27 pm »

New charger'll be here soon. Plus it's Yumi's birthday. I'm also off college.

I like Tuesday.
*Hugs*

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34837 on: January 10, 2011, 09:17:41 pm »

Eating dinner at 3 AM. This makes me very happy, especially if I'm hungry. ^^

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34838 on: January 10, 2011, 09:20:54 pm »

So much rain.
I took a nice, hot bath.
Not so good part: not everyone hails from the frigid northlands.
I saw a friend of mine as I was walking to get my stuff and she looked freezing.
Shoulders hunched, arms crossed, skin a pale ivory.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34839 on: January 10, 2011, 09:21:16 pm »

I did not do my homework three nights in a row, and each time the teacher postponed collections. Tonight, my friend gave me his work. Procrastination and cheating success.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34840 on: January 10, 2011, 09:25:47 pm »

I took a nice, hot bath.
Oh god how I want a nice bath...
I haven't had a bath in years... We've only got those tiny cramped little bath tubs that serve as shower stands. We're supposed to fit in a nice big square one this year though...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #34841 on: January 10, 2011, 09:36:42 pm »

Well, it took me a good amount of time, but I managed to beat the UHL challenge (#1). That was a brain buster, but I managed to complete the mission; and also decorate an entire half a sheet of paper, while at it, with notes. Thank goodness I can write small.

Essentially, I had to find a LAN server not easily found through InterNIC or public servers, steal a file from it, then use the IP address I was given (1337 LAN), and hack my way towards the main computer system from that address. After I find the main server, I have to upload the file I took from the other LAN server into it. While at it, I also have to cover my tracks, and believe me, you'll be leaving one hell of a log by the end. If you're not quick enough, it may require multiple trips to clean it out.

Luckily, I managed to succeed, and not get noticed. 3 in-game days later, no notice from Uplink. YAY! I DID IT! Took me up to 3 in-game (and possibly realtime) hours to complete it.

I can't wait to try the other challenges. ;D

EDIT:
Okay, the admin did kick me off the server a couple times, but I wasn't successfully traced over the course of 3 in-game days; which to me equals success.

EDIT EDIT:
Actually, I think it actually took me less, since I was trying to find the target servers, but I got distracted by a sample LAN server I wasn't aware of (found in INIC). That distracted me for a good few minutes.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Just decided to play a little more with this custom save, and since it was broke to begin with (money-wise, though it did have decent stuff to begin with) with some half-decent hardware and software, I decided to rob some banks. I completely bankrupt a company, did a money transfer trace job, got the money from that mission, then robbed the transfer account, it's source, and then my client that assigned me the trace job.

Is it normal to cackle like a madman after pulling off such heists? Oh yeah, and my hacker-rating went from class 14 to class 3 in 4 heists. No missions promoted me at all. Stood at the top-ranking spot. No missions available at the start, to all kinds, to none available due to untrustworthiness. ;D I got as many LAN missions as I can get in short notice.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:14:01 am by Itnetlolor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34842 on: January 11, 2011, 12:11:22 am »

Replaced the quesadilla maker today. I ripped the metal shell in half on the other one. My wife seems to think it was a manufacturer's defect, but...there's the possibility it was actually marine life that crumbled in my grip.

Anyway, I ate 6 quesadillas today, and this makes me happy. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #34843 on: January 11, 2011, 12:40:07 am »

Replaced the quesadilla maker today. I ripped the metal shell in half on the other one. My wife seems to think it was a manufacturer's defect, but...there's the possibility it was actually marine life that crumbled in my grip.

Anyway, I ate 6 quesadillas today, and this makes me happy. ^_^
So much... CHEESE!
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34844 on: January 11, 2011, 12:45:26 am »

Indeed. A wonderful blend of colby jack, queso quesadilla, and sharp cheddar.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2321 2322 [2323] 2324 2325 ... 13326