Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2304 2305 [2306] 2307 2308 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15840642 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #34575 on: January 09, 2011, 06:56:23 pm »

I'm back at Uni. I have incredibly fast internet now. I download at megabytes per second, compared to 1.8-2.3 kilobytes per second. I'd sound more excited if I wasn't so busy trying to figure out what to download and play first.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34576 on: January 09, 2011, 06:58:45 pm »

Heck, even as one person at the back of a lecture hall who fell asleep on my face some days and just didn't come to class most of the time, the professor knew me specifically by name and appearance.  It was a little bit weird.
Try "Your teacher knowing you by name and appearance before you've ever met them".  That was weird...

Been there and done that by appearance, but not name :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #34577 on: January 09, 2011, 07:04:28 pm »

(flaming removed -tt)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:40:05 pm by ThreeToe »
Also known as Zuhayr.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34578 on: January 09, 2011, 07:07:01 pm »

Facebook would require us actually knowing each other.
And actually caring about the thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34579 on: January 09, 2011, 07:12:21 pm »

Plus there is actual drama on facebook. And it's not as funny as random derails on this forum are.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34580 on: January 09, 2011, 07:13:36 pm »

For some reason, I stick out so much that I can't just be awkward and disappear.  Even when I was a little kid... I always seem to get more attention, rather than less.

Heck, even as one person at the back of a lecture hall who fell asleep on my face some days and just didn't come to class most of the time, the professor knew me specifically by name and appearance.  It was a little bit weird.
I seem to have a similar but opposite problem. Most people instantly recognize me if they see me, but I'm apparently invisible. I've actually surprised people by walking straight up to them and talking to them. Two years ago I attributed it to being five feet tall and people not looking down, but now I'm almost six feet tall and it still happens.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34581 on: January 09, 2011, 07:14:00 pm »

God little kids always seem to recognize me and I don't know any of them. Mayhaps one or two because I know their siblings and I guess they might have told their friends, but of the tall folks I'm the least interesting of them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34582 on: January 09, 2011, 07:14:54 pm »

Uh, my teachers are issued with a sheet of names and faces of people in their class.  Why would they know appearance but not name...?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34583 on: January 09, 2011, 07:17:25 pm »

Because I stick out so much that they saw me walking around campus some other year and I just stuck in their heads TT_TT
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34584 on: January 09, 2011, 07:19:45 pm »

My professors can't help but recognize me. I'm one of like a dozen white students here, not to mention I seem to have some magic powers of charisma when it comes to middle-aged women.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34585 on: January 09, 2011, 07:21:34 pm »

At my work place I am apparently known as That Kid With The Book.

Because I read a lot of books you see.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34586 on: January 09, 2011, 07:21:48 pm »

I'm always trying to be the center of attention. It must be subconsciously or something, but I've noticed it. Which is also good, because here in the forums I can blend into the crowd a bit.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34587 on: January 09, 2011, 07:22:42 pm »

I'm always trying to be the center of attention. It must be subconsciously or something, but I've noticed it. Which is also good, because here in the forums I can blend into the crowd a bit.
  • We noticed.
  • That explains the bright green text.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:24:40 pm by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34588 on: January 09, 2011, 07:27:27 pm »

Uh, my teachers are issued with a sheet of names and faces of people in their class.  Why would they know appearance but not name...?

...Because in every school I've ever seen, teachers get a sheet of names, and learn to associate identities with faces, and then forget the names?

I was a little angry and unnerved in gradeschool, because it seemed like everybody in the entire district, even people I know I'd never met before, knew me by name.  I'll admit I was a recognizable (long hair and all), but that recognizable?  My father's response whenever I mentioned this problem was, "any fame is good fame," which is singularly unhelpful when that fame translates to people constantly picking fights with me.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:30:08 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34589 on: January 09, 2011, 07:28:30 pm »

Underclass in high school I was more obnoxious and jerk-y, but around Junior year I'd stopped speaking just to speak and tried my best to speak only when it feels right.  Other students in my grade really seem to like me now, it's a really weird and cool feeling.  I'm telling you, if you're a nice guy people will be comfortable talking with you.  Don't push people away from you.
Pages: 1 ... 2304 2305 [2306] 2307 2308 ... 13326