Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2297 2298 [2299] 2300 2301 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837564 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #34470 on: January 09, 2011, 04:46:28 am »

Wow, that's. Wow. So all those times you were talking about how he made you feel insecure and stuff, you knew he would read it?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34471 on: January 09, 2011, 04:49:34 am »

Wow, that's. Wow. So all those times you were talking about how he made you feel insecure and stuff, you knew he would read it?

No, he wouldn't do that.  He's never been very interested in my business and generally keeps out of GD nowadays.

He's actually very good about keeping the proper distance after nasty things like this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34472 on: January 09, 2011, 04:51:13 am »

And presumably that's the reason you don't blank out the memories for good? Why don't you just blank out the memories so you can enjoy a new game now and again? I usually don't do it because they're good memories, but if they've spoiled for you...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34473 on: January 09, 2011, 04:59:01 am »

Lithuania has the "best" roads in Europe since the invention of cars. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB8MRn8WaUQ

It's funny because I feel the pain. Still it's amazing how good we are at laughing all problems off. Heh heh, "interesting" road.

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34474 on: January 09, 2011, 04:59:43 am »

"Blank out the memories?"  I don't have an ability to just turn them on and off... I have very clear memories from the age of 2 onwards through now.  It's not one of those things I can throw away on a whim.  Besides, it's important to me that I remember, so I can make sure no one ever treats me like that again.

I mean, he was also into/interested in Pathologic and STALKER.  I'd like to get the Russian versions of those games once I've learned the language, to practice and have fun.  I don't have bad memories about certain other things he liked, either.  It's just this one particular game that, in many ways, seemed to help define our relationship.

There were good parts and bad parts, and as much as it might be pleasant to forget it all I'd rather keep it and learn from it.  I don't feel traumatized anymore.  It's important to keep these things on hand.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34475 on: January 09, 2011, 05:04:05 am »

I mean, he was also into/interested in Pathologic and STALKER.  I'd like to get the Russian versions of those games once I've learned the language, to practice and have fun.  I don't have bad memories about certain other things he liked, either.  It's just this one particular game that, in many ways, seemed to help define our relationship.
It's hilarious in Russian since the stalkers (especially bandits, Duty is an exception) curse a lot and often in stereotypical chav speak.
 *gets shot* BLYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #34476 on: January 09, 2011, 05:04:47 am »

spikes of magma

This made me happy with awesome.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34477 on: January 09, 2011, 05:07:25 am »

@Vector: That makes more sense. I don't have the ability to turn memories back "on" either, although I can usually make something else out of them that's more useful.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34478 on: January 09, 2011, 05:13:23 am »

Like a silent film starring gavin rosenthal?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34479 on: January 09, 2011, 05:37:31 am »

Arbitration is successful. that person is no longer banned from that IRC channel.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34480 on: January 09, 2011, 06:52:15 am »

Yeah, to be honest, I really don't find the military screen very difficult at all. It's all rather simple, once you learn it.

Maybe us old bears are made of tougher stuff, eh?

I don't think the screen is what's bad; I think the lack of feedback from the system is bad. Military setup is sufficiently complex that there are a number of potential reasons why something you're trying to do could go wrong (and sometimes, with things like training, you won't even be able to spot the problem right away), but the game (last time I checked) doesn't really provide adequate feedback in terms of what the problem actually is... and that's not counting when bugs are involved.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34481 on: January 09, 2011, 06:54:20 am »

Get back to talking about happy stuff, maggots. ^_^

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34482 on: January 09, 2011, 06:55:58 am »

You don't own this thread! Get back to enjoying your birthday/post birthday celebrations!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34483 on: January 09, 2011, 06:58:28 am »

You don't own this thread! Get back to enjoying your birthday/post birthday celebrations!
FOREVER ALONE

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #34484 on: January 09, 2011, 07:19:07 am »

FOREVER ALONE
GORE SEVER A BONE

Anyway, Soli and I have a thing, and it is a cool thing and y'all should totally get involved.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 2297 2298 [2299] 2300 2301 ... 13326