Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2277 2278 [2279] 2280 2281 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15832451 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #34170 on: January 07, 2011, 03:50:41 am »

I'm just starting Isketch now, too.

It's FUN. Although is the point of drawing to Not let anyone else know what it is?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34171 on: January 07, 2011, 03:56:25 am »

Been watching Misfits lately, a lot, a great show really, one of the greatest things about it is how somehow the most ridicilous things can be passed as completley serious there, like:
Spoiler: Second season (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34172 on: January 07, 2011, 03:57:41 am »

The grizzled, rough voice of Till Lindemann. There's no mistaking his voice on any track he's on, can't get enough Rammstein in one day.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34173 on: January 07, 2011, 04:11:42 am »

Oh my god, Japan.
I can't believe how long it's been since I've played Chess.  I managed to crash the AI by being so goddamn stupid, I left it with no good moves.

Nice. That's actually a reasonably tough AI; I screwed around a bit the first time, and it completely stomped me. Second time went a bit better.

At some point, we should do a forum Chess tourney. It could be fun. We could even try one of the 4-player variants. :o

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34174 on: January 07, 2011, 04:23:12 am »

flirted with succubi and killed them for rejecting my approaches
Rejected by a sucubus? Wow, that's gotta hurt man.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34175 on: January 07, 2011, 04:27:40 am »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34176 on: January 07, 2011, 04:28:44 am »

The talk of Succubi is making me want to go play Disgaea 3, why did I have to lend it ='(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34177 on: January 07, 2011, 04:55:08 am »

... Most worthwhile staying-up-til-2 I've ever had.  Except for those pivotal life-changing-events times, or that one time I stayed up until six after demanding unreasonable proofs, which I look back on with sadness and yet somehow gives me hope for the future that there will be someone else to shout "PROVE IT!" to.

But in terms of sheer fangirl squee, this is the best night ever.  EVER.

EDIT: AUUUGH THAT FAN-TEASY SON OF A BITCH.  RETRACTED, HETALIA-AUTHOR, RETRACTED! :I

No more capslock, I promise.  For now.

But really, I'm very happy right now, other than the mood-whiplash.  The comic I'm reading had a surprisingly well-written metaphor, which has left me overflowing with joy.

EDIT x2: Sorry for the lack of link, I'm just too embarrassed.  But, for anyone who cares to trawl through the archives for their jollies, it's the "Bueno San Valentino" arc.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:00:26 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34178 on: January 07, 2011, 05:57:46 am »

The comic I'm reading had a surprisingly well-written metaphor, which has left me overflowing with joy.

That was actually surprisingly easy to find. I've only seen a little bit of H:AP, and didn't recall that there was a comic too.

Poor Germany... I think. I'm not quite sure what the very end meant. Nevertheless, several d'awws were had, and I was grinning at the bit with the mental filing error. It's interesting how they personify a wartime alliance.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:22:20 am by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34179 on: January 07, 2011, 06:05:16 am »

Yeah, there was also a cute bit with a pinky-promise (yubikiri) where the author commented that he felt more embarrassed drawing that scene than he did naked people >_<

There is indeed a comic, which I've discovered that I prefer quite a bit to the animated series (especially because the series, even in Japanese without the intentional American weirdness, has some substantial sexist/racist alterations and tends to drag a bit/be too gosh-darned repetitive).  And... and it's so cute...

The very end is a reference to a childhood relationship between young Italy and the Holy Roman Empire, who is thought to be a pre-amnesia Germany--so he's slowly getting closer to Italy as he gets his memories back.

And the mental filing error was really one of the better things I've ever seen in a comic strip, which perhaps says that I haven't read enough good comic strips, but ... still, it's a bit similar to a couple of panels I remember from a manga called X-Day, which were also oddly moving and artistic.

That one is worth reading, too, if you manage to find it somewhere.  It's only two volumes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34180 on: January 07, 2011, 06:29:36 am »

Is hentalia... uh... good?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34181 on: January 07, 2011, 06:37:48 am »

Is hentalia... uh... good?

I see what you did there >_>

I like it.  It's kind of a niche audience thing though, I guess, and the sense of humor is distinctly Japanese.  I wouldn't go running into the fandom at large, though, as it's kind of weird out there.

EDIT: I don't recommend reading the Christmas or April Fools' specials, though.  No way.  Too much stripping >.>

The Valentine's Day thing I mentioned is my favorite by far, but there's some other ones I found quite impressive as well.  I guess I'd say Hetalia is probably my favorite gag comic, though it doesn't quite hold up with my favorite serious ones.

That's about it.  It's also interesting how much more well-rounded the manga comes off in comparison to the anime, especially with respect to timeline and character balance.  I found the anime's ordering kind of incomprehensible, in many respects, but upon reading the manga I can understand everything much better.

Plus, interesting facts... some things I knew and had forgotten, too.  It makes me want to study some European History in that fabled "spare time" I don't know if I'll ever have again.

... And it's now 4 in the morning.  OK, set alarm for 9:00 and get to work :I
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:53:14 am by Vector »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34182 on: January 07, 2011, 09:09:06 am »

Been watching Misfits lately, a lot, a great show really, one of the greatest things about it is how somehow the most ridicilous things can be passed as completley serious there, like:
Spoiler: Second season (click to show/hide)

Best Show Ever.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34183 on: January 07, 2011, 09:15:26 am »

I see what you did there >_>

Yeah, well, whenever I see it, My brain reads 'Hentalia', unfortunately. That was completely by accident.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34184 on: January 07, 2011, 09:16:19 am »

Gone back to dragon avatars, makes me happy ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 2277 2278 [2279] 2280 2281 ... 13326