Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808510 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #33975 on: January 04, 2011, 11:41:06 pm »

Made a deviantart account. If I don't get banned with-in the first week for misconduct on the forums, I'll post a link.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33976 on: January 04, 2011, 11:42:48 pm »

First day back at school. Got asked out by two girls that I've been flirting with for ages. I really have no rubrik for deciding which I'll go with, but the indecision is a good one.
Go for the hidden third option: "Why not both?"

Nice work nonetheless. Wish I had that kind of luck... ever.

Hidden third option: Gross amounts of physical harm. I think you would have the same luck if you were my age and in school now. The silent gentlemen sort are getting noticed more nowadays.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33977 on: January 04, 2011, 11:50:41 pm »

First day back at school. Got asked out by two girls that I've been flirting with for ages. I really have no rubrik for deciding which I'll go with, but the indecision is a good one.
Go for the hidden third option: "Why not both?"

Nice work nonetheless. Wish I had that kind of luck... ever.
Hidden third option: Gross amounts of physical harm. I think you would have the same luck if you were my age and in school now. The silent gentlemen sort are getting noticed more nowadays.
Back in my days, we were intangible. Hell, either I wasn't noticed, even when standing in front of someone I took interest in, got laughed out in public in an attempt to ask someone out (and against instinct; learned to trust them far more often afterward, and learn to find ways to become a benevolent asshole by adulthood), or people only showed interest in me ONLY if I explain my career plans (which initially started as truth, but then became a means of manipulating a conversation into forming). My sketchpad was essentially my spellbook for summoning a conversation. My imagination and drawings, my runes.

Yeah, my social life back then either sucked, or was bad in general. At least as an adult, I'm making sure to make up for it in heaps and see if anyone can recognize me by my high school reunion (CLASS OF '03 WOO!!!). I still find it entertaining that it's 2 years from now, and whether the world ends or not, I'm gonna enjoy it one way or another. So far, some people I've known in the past state I never changed as time passed, and I barely recognize them nowadays (min. 5 years since last seen). Too bad I lack a second heart, otherwise I could prove I'm a time lord.

EDIT:
Well, despite having it on my machine already, it's nice to see Gurren Lagaan airing on syfy again. But why is anime now playing on Tuesdays? Thanks for the heads up syfy. Did better when you were Sci-Fi.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:37:34 am by Itnetlolor »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33978 on: January 05, 2011, 03:07:09 am »

HELLO, HELLO.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33979 on: January 05, 2011, 03:22:15 am »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33980 on: January 05, 2011, 03:51:32 am »

College. Yay.
*Hugs*

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33981 on: January 05, 2011, 04:02:02 am »

Hello WorkerDrone. Hope you're doing well.

And dammit I missed all the fun.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #33982 on: January 05, 2011, 04:26:29 am »

This is becoming a problem for me.  Giant images and one-word posts have a way of irritating a large segment of the people here and are on the road to the total degeneracy that lead to the creation of the different boards in the first place.  If something made you happy/sad today, you should talk about that.  I've said this before, in these threads, and if you guys continue to ignore my attempts to keep this place in some kind of working order, I'm going to have to shut them down.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33983 on: January 05, 2011, 04:29:17 am »

This is becoming a problem for me.  Giant images and one-word posts have a way of irritating a large segment of the people here and are on the road to the total degeneracy that lead to the creation of the different boards in the first place.  If something made you happy/sad today, you should talk about that.  I've said this before, in these threads, and if you guys continue to ignore my attempts to keep this place in some kind of working order, I'm going to have to shut them down.

So, basically what I said a few hundred pages ago

Edit - In reply to below:

Didn't take a lot of close attention to see it get locked, Toady post and then it open again. And it's not so much gloating as pointing out this nearly exactly this sequence of events happened before, and that it would be a bad idea to ignore it like last time. There will most likely not be a third chance.

Double edit: Also I guess after all the calls of OMG IT IS A TROLL I guess I felt kind of vindicated, so yeah maybe I gloated a bit
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:31:42 am by LordNagash »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33984 on: January 05, 2011, 06:01:13 am »

Is a gloating "I told you guys" really the most mature thing you can say?  For someone who swears this thread is an inherent problem to the board, you sure do seem to pay close attention to it.

I don't exactly know why I feel good about this, but my job absolutely sucked tonight.  One thing or person or department or whatever after another taking a dump on me.  It might be that I contemplated storming out with head high and my pinkslip in hand, but had the presence of mind to keep my cool.  Might be that I have a reputation for keeping my cool, when those chumps have no idea how close I am to snapping.  Might be that I know I won't have to work there much longer.  Might be that even on its worst nights, it's really not that bad a job.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33985 on: January 05, 2011, 06:04:01 am »

one day, Aqizzar, you will snap, any everybody in your workplace will know what it means to have tiny adjustments made to the arrangements of theirs desks while they are away.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33986 on: January 05, 2011, 08:47:09 am »

And by 'tiny adjustments' he means 'Sideways, against the walls, and out the windows'.

Because throwing furniture around is one of the best ways to relieve stress ever... If you've got the strength for it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33987 on: January 05, 2011, 09:06:59 am »

But what if he means "Gorilla Glued to the walls and ceilings"
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33988 on: January 05, 2011, 09:19:02 am »

But what if he means "A gorilla glued to the walls and ceilings"
Fixed.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33989 on: January 05, 2011, 09:19:40 am »

Or "Mysteriously disappeared", too, I guess.

Edit: And replaced with a gorilla!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 ... 13326