Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2204 2205 [2206] 2207 2208 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845169 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #33075 on: December 28, 2010, 01:49:46 am »

It was during my breath but fruitful "explosives expert" period... I was at school talking with a couple of friends saying how you could make a bottle explode by sticking drain cleaner and tin foil in it together... something I hadn't tried out yet, but wanted to. They didn't believe me.... these were new friends of mine you understand... Anyway, my lunch included a bottle of mineral water and a sandwich wrapped in tin foil... One of them told me that he could get some drain cleaner in that bottle from the janitorial supply closet nearby, I didn't believe him, they keep those things locked...

But, he said the lock was broken, he said not to follow him, and he pretended to leave the cafeteria area to go to the bathroom, and went into the closet, and came back with a bottle quarter way full of sickly looking liquid. At this point things were set in motion... and I was fairly horrified as we went outside, and we stood at one end of the courtyard while the particularly arrogant example of humanity who had gotten the liquid went over to a trash can, put the foil in the bottle, and although he seemed a little surprised that it had started foaming, he very non-nonchalantly put top back on and dropped it in the can... he came back to us... we waited... he calmly drank from his orange juice... After a while he asserted nothing was going to happen, and made his way back inside... as he's crossing the threshold back into the cafeteria BANG ... wait that isn't good enough
BANG 
I really can't emphasize enough how frigging loud it was, my eyes registered what was going on in the next couple of seconds in an adrenaline fueled fervor. The lid of the can popped off, my friend had fallen over, his juice rolled away from him, everyone inside who despite being in plain view of us (but fortunately not the trash can) were now looking very disturbed... But what is still burned into my mind most of all, is the fact that the lid of the can landed in textbook comical fashion, rolling round on it's edges before settling down exactly as it was... A teacher ran to the door and asked us "What was that", "It came from somewhere over there" I said pointed in the direction of the trash can... He looked at it... there was nothing out of the ordinary in the courtyard to be seen.... "Must have come from over the wall" he said... and with that suspicion was lifted...
My friend had juice all on his pants... which some time later, struck me as weird, as there was no puddle from where he dropped it... I heard people talking all day about the mysterious explosion... They thought it must have come from a nearby street... It was by mutual silent consent that we never spoke about that particular subject ever again.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33076 on: December 28, 2010, 02:07:39 am »

Which I'm going to assume is another way of saying you strapped on a jetpack and firebombed phi theta jackass.

Actually I was trying to make a trebuchet throw flaming ceramics. It launched backwards.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33077 on: December 28, 2010, 02:19:39 am »

cluster headaches

If you were able to post during them, they are NOT cluster headaches. Not to mention Painkillers don't affect them apparently.

They're very close to debilitating, and make it hard to do anything but hold my head and concentrate on breathing, but I also have a pretty decent tolerance for pain. I didn't want to sound melodramatic, but it's probably one of the worst pains I've yet experienced. I didn't use painkillers on it either, since they don't seem to affect it; I used certain tricks to futz with my hypothalamus, until it stopped making my blood vessels dilate (since that's what I read caused the cluster headaches) and the worst of it dissipated 30 minutes later. The headache continues (8 days now?) but it's back down the shadow of a headache it has intermittently been.

Can't wait for the new year... I've got a lot of things to cover with doctors once I'm insured again. The possibility that these are cluster headaches, or another variety that also stems from the hypothalamus and affects the same facial nerves, gives more support to the theory one of my past doctors had as to why my joints are all funky... an atypical symptom of an uncommon disorder detailed in this article. It's all unusual stuff, but the article caused me to revise how I'd been thinking that the disorder didn't gel with my symptoms, and reading that makes me want to possibly take a look into it.

Anyway, being able to get routine health checkups will be fantastic... I seriously am excited to be able to go to the doctor again. I never really went to one while I had the option, but until a year or two ago I never knew how much I'd miss having that ability.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:23:37 am by Solifuge »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33078 on: December 28, 2010, 02:47:25 am »

cluster headaches

If you were able to post during them, they are NOT cluster headaches. Not to mention Painkillers don't affect them apparently.

They're very close to debilitating, and make it hard to do anything but hold my head and concentrate on breathing, but I also have a pretty decent tolerance for pain. I didn't want to sound melodramatic, but it's probably one of the worst pains I've yet experienced. I didn't use painkillers on it either, since they don't seem to affect it; I used certain tricks to futz with my hypothalamus, until it stopped making my blood vessels dilate (since that's what I read caused the cluster headaches) and the worst of it dissipated 30 minutes later. The headache continues (8 days now?) but it's back down the shadow of a headache it has intermittently been.

Sounds more like a Migraine to me... I know since I get those seasonally, In spring for some reason. Though if you're getting it continually... Err... I dunno. It worries me since apparently problems with blood vessels and TUMORS can cause odd recurring and dull long lasting headaches. So YEAH get that looked at.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33079 on: December 28, 2010, 02:52:41 am »

@Pnx.

Cool story bro.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33080 on: December 28, 2010, 03:39:51 am »

My first date went well.

Like, actually went well.  Huh.  That's so weird.  I'm in my late 20s and dating is still a pretty darn new thing to me.  Wow.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #33081 on: December 28, 2010, 03:59:09 am »

My first date went well.

Like, actually went well.  Huh.  That's so weird.  I'm in my late 20s and dating is still a pretty darn new thing to me.  Wow.
Well good for you, hope it turns out well for you.

Being asexual is so much easier though, you should all join me :P

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33082 on: December 28, 2010, 04:05:35 am »

Ahahahahahahahahahahahohono

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #33083 on: December 28, 2010, 04:06:47 am »

When I play a hard game, I keep playing until I win, I don't uninstall the game and pretend it doesn't exist.
Shoes...

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #33084 on: December 28, 2010, 04:37:28 am »

When I play a hard game, I keep playing until I win, I don't uninstall the game and pretend it doesn't exist.
I don't know what you're saying here, but if you're insinuating (it's a fun word to say out loud) that I'm asexual because I "gave up", I'm not. I've never had any attraction to anybody.

Also, happy 2000 posts to me ::)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:46:18 pm by CrownofFire »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33085 on: December 28, 2010, 06:07:00 am »

@Pnx

No sarcasm. I'm currently running through my databank of anecdotes to see if I have an 'EXPLOSION' story that will top it.

It's not looking good.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33087 on: December 28, 2010, 08:04:10 am »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #33088 on: December 28, 2010, 08:08:39 am »

I had a nice talk with a Steam buddy, recently. According to him, it's a wonder I've never had a girlfriend.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33089 on: December 28, 2010, 08:28:20 am »

I can now play Imagine on piano.

Rock Band 3 is awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2204 2205 [2206] 2207 2208 ... 13326