Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2155 2156 [2157] 2158 2159 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15864913 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #32340 on: December 21, 2010, 05:46:08 pm »

Just recently heard this, but apparently, for some reason, one of my youngest sister's friends thought I was her (my sister's) younger brother. I found it amusing; especially considering that for some odd reason I apparently stopped aging a decade ago; that, or I age really damn slow or really damn well. Mind you, I'm at least 7 years older than said sister. For nearing 26 years (2 months to go) I apparently appear far less than that. At least I got an update in number format of how old I appear since last time my age was confused. Sounds consistent. Last time I was confused for being 15 about 2-5 years ago.

I'm puzzled what I'm doing that's retaining my age so well over the past decade. I don't have 2 hearts, so I'm definitely not a Time Lord, so we can scratch that off... I just wanted to mention this because even this hit me from left field. Surprisingly, this isn't too common an occurrence. However, I think anyone in town just figures it's best not to ask, and just believe my age when I flash my license at them if they ask. One thing I can think of that'll be entertaining, I'll definitely be easily recognizable at my 10-year reunion when that eventually rolls around.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 05:56:15 pm by Itnetlolor »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32341 on: December 21, 2010, 06:01:27 pm »

Just recently heard this, but apparently, for some reason, one of my youngest sister's friends thought I was her (my sister's) younger brother. I found it amusing; especially considering that for some odd reason I apparently stopped aging a decade ago; that, or I age really damn slow or really damn well. Mind you, I'm at least 7 years older than said sister. For nearing 26 years (2 months to go) I apparently appear far less than that. At least I got an update in number format of how old I appear since last time my age was confused. Sounds consistent. Last time I was confused for being 15 about 2-5 years ago.

I'm puzzled what I'm doing that's retaining my age so well over the past decade. I don't have 2 hearts, so I'm definitely not a Time Lord, so we can scratch that off... I just wanted to mention this because even this hit me from left field. Surprisingly, this isn't too common an occurrence. However, I think anyone in town just figures it's best not to ask, and just believe my age when I flash my license at them if they ask. One thing I can think of that'll be entertaining, I'll definitely be easily recognizable at my 10-year reunion when that eventually rolls around.

Every time someone tries to guess my age at work, they assume I'm in uni; I'm 17. Wewt, I suppose.

I'm happy because I got Paypal up and running, and the first thing I did was give Toady ten bucks.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32342 on: December 21, 2010, 06:15:35 pm »

Decided to forego the rest of the Steam sales.  It's much easier to say "No games at all" than to say "Well...Probably not Bioshock 2, it's kind of expensive...Oh, these other ones are cheap though...And I do kind of want Bioshock..."

Every $10 I don't spend on games, is something like 80 miles of roadtrip.  Yay saving up for something I'll actually remember in a few years!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #32343 on: December 21, 2010, 06:32:33 pm »

Decided to forego the rest of the Steam sales.  It's much easier to say "No games at all" than to say "Well...Probably not Bioshock 2, it's kind of expensive...Oh, these other ones are cheap though...And I do kind of want Bioshock..."

Every $10 I don't spend on games, is something like 80 miles of roadtrip.  Yay saving up for something I'll actually remember in a few years!
Yeah, I'm feeling that way. After last year's fiasco, I'm only targeting games I know I will play (unless gifted it, of course); Tropico: Reloaded being one of those games. Plus, I seem to have been forced on a budget (anything cheaper than 5 bucks as sale price; don't abuse the savings account either) anyhow considering the past few weeks, and considering my New Year's Resolution of finding a new job.

I mean, considering what I mentioned about my age above, it's a bit of a double-edged sword. It seems my co-workers keep forgetting my age, and treating me like the age I look rather than my actual age, in other words, I'm treated most the time as if it's either my first days working there (despite nearly working 2 years there, I'm still given instructions like a tutorial), or I'm another "stupid teenager" getting by, and my time is meaningless.

Well, back to the Steam topic. Learning from last year, I'm just going to wait for gifts this time, instead of jumping through the catalog and melting my wallet away. Plus, I feel I was plenty generous during last year's sale. Not saying it was a cause of the fiasco; the bank's processing times (income and such) were rather screwy and I had to cut my losses months later (which wiped out my last account. Punishment for doing good as well?).

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32344 on: December 21, 2010, 07:12:11 pm »

Finally got around to setting up the hacked Wii my brother "made" for me, and tried out an interesting little game; Dokapon Kingdom.

I'd never heard about it before, but it's like the bastard child of Mario Party, Final Fantasy, and Monopoly. Each player creates a character from a handful of classes, each with different abilities: for instance, Thieves steal items from other players as they pass by, and Magicians can use 2 field magics per turn instead of 1. Each player sets about working to save the kingdom, fighting monsters, freeing cities, gathering equipment, and leveling up... all the while building up a reputation with the King and earning gold. As you free cities, you earn tax money from them, and can invest gold in them to increase revenue. You rest and heal in cities you own for free, but you have to pay the owners of other cities money to stay at their towns... and god help you if you land on one of their castles.

Story goals pop up from time to time... things like defeating a big monster, or finding an antidote for a terrible plague. Since you're trying to earn the king's favor, you have to complete the objective while keeping your opponents from doing so, and there are plenty of means at your disposal. You can sabotage them with magic, set traps on certain spaces, attack them directly and humiliate them/steal their items/take their city deeds, etc. There are other indirect ways you can ruin them as well... say, mailing the king a gift he hates in another player's name (I tried this with a bottle of Nitroglycerin). You can even blackmail them, or make a pact with a demon and turn into a monster hellbent on ruining everything.

Despite the cute visual style and the tongue-in-cheek humor, the depth of strategy in this game is amazing. This is one of the greatest Wii games I've played, and would be awesome for parties.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32345 on: December 21, 2010, 07:16:15 pm »

I discovered the anti-elf anthem.

The Dwarves' reaction is win.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:18:49 pm by breadbocks »
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32346 on: December 21, 2010, 07:32:28 pm »

Hohoho, I managed to play the politics game well enough that I'm firmly back in Beloved Analysis Professor's good graces, despite having mostly fooled around for 9 months and dropped out of school without him expecting it.  It seems that my obscure knowledge sets of typography, Dutch painting, and programming languages has convinced him that I was actually learning something rather than just wasting my time, so that all I have to do is work (extremely) hard over the next month so that he'll know I actually am diligent and not just full of hot air.

On the other hand, he said that my withdrawal was "disgusting" and a "crime," so maybe I'll have to work a bit harder than I thought  ::)

Also I've been eating a lot of Pad Thai and sending fun letters.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32347 on: December 21, 2010, 07:37:42 pm »

Dokapon is awesome. If you don't scream "WHAT?!" every few minutes and say "Wait, it's seven in the morning?" near the end, you're not doing it right.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32348 on: December 21, 2010, 07:38:14 pm »

Pad Thai

This is also a thing that made me happy today.

I am currently planning some kind of camping thing over the weekend a week from Christmas.  Might sneak over to eastern WA.  I needs mah desert.  It'll be nice!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32349 on: December 21, 2010, 07:44:54 pm »

I'm happy because I can go somewhere with internet that isn't plagued by weather. Anyone got any seeds for good games, as that is also restricted access, but not to my gmail account. ;D For those of you who aren't telling what I'm getting at, I need to get torrent seeds, upload them to an email in my account, and then download the seeds and use them there. This freeware party is going down on the twenty fourth..... thread is now incoming, the bay12 Christmas data swap! (For those of you with shitty bandwidth or a want of saves.)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32350 on: December 21, 2010, 07:46:36 pm »

I drew up some designs for a building project over winter break. Should everything go right, I'll be firing 18 rounds a minute, the rounds in question being five foot long, eight pound arrows.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32351 on: December 21, 2010, 07:49:00 pm »

And I was right that something in this song trips the algorithm and registers as super-intense.
It's the constant background hum.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #32352 on: December 21, 2010, 07:52:43 pm »

I drew up some designs for a building project over winter break. Should everything go right, I'll be firing 18 rounds a minute, the rounds in question being five foot long, eight pound arrows.
Are you making a crossbow/ballista chaingun/auto-cannon?

What kind of setup will it have? Drop-down loading, or rotary firing, or both (about 2 or 3 bows (flat or triangular setup), top-loaded for 1/3rd a rotation, pulls back for another 1/3rd, and fires in the last 1/3rd)? It would operate in a sort-of corkscrew fashion. The idea I have in mind may be a bit overly complicated, however.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32353 on: December 21, 2010, 07:55:00 pm »

Tape a false beard or toupee on it. Make it count.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32354 on: December 21, 2010, 08:02:45 pm »

Are you making a crossbow/ballista chaingun/auto-cannon?

What kind of setup will it have? Drop-down loading, or rotary firing, or both (about 2 or 3 bows (flat or triangular setup), top-loaded for 1/3rd a rotation, pulls back for another 1/3rd, and fires in the last 1/3rd)? It would operate in a sort-of corkscrew fashion. The idea I have in mind may be a bit overly complicated, however.

Well, it is hard to explain what I am envisioning, but I provided I get off my ass and build it, I will get you pictures.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 2155 2156 [2157] 2158 2159 ... 13326