Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2154 2155 [2156] 2157 2158 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15865171 times)

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #32325 on: December 21, 2010, 03:00:50 pm »

School is out! :D
Word

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32326 on: December 21, 2010, 03:09:19 pm »

It is coming for me, I wait in slumber.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32327 on: December 21, 2010, 03:15:04 pm »

I got a bunch of funny looks as I was walking out of the school yesterday. I was singing Alice Cooper's relevant song. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #32328 on: December 21, 2010, 03:27:58 pm »

I got a bunch of funny looks as I was walking out of the school yesterday. I was singing Alice Cooper's relevant song. ^_^

Haha technically there is still school tomorrow but I dont have to go as i am exempt from my exams :D
Word

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32329 on: December 21, 2010, 03:52:44 pm »

Either way, it still works.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32330 on: December 21, 2010, 03:58:21 pm »

Well, neither Audiosurf nor Beat Hazard work on my computer.
However, I put some portable versions on a flash drive and played them on my dad's computer.
Beat Hazard is awesome.
Meanwhile, while Demetori songs are so fun in Audiosurf because of their intensity, they aren't so much fun in Beat Hazard because the intensity makes them easier.
And I was right that something in this song trips the algorithm and registers as super-intense.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32331 on: December 21, 2010, 04:00:47 pm »

I found out what that PS2 cd I had was for.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32332 on: December 21, 2010, 04:11:17 pm »

Added my 1,000th person to my family tree today. And I still have a couple hundred more that I just haven't gotten around to adding (kids of 4th cousins, distant 1st cousins 12 times removed, etc.)

Where are you getting the information to do this?  If I tried to draw a complete family lineage, I'd be surprised if I came up with more than a hundred names.  All of my ancestries stop cold at either Ellis Island or the Civil War.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32333 on: December 21, 2010, 04:34:57 pm »

Added my 1,000th person to my family tree today. And I still have a couple hundred more that I just haven't gotten around to adding (kids of 4th cousins, distant 1st cousins 12 times removed, etc.)

Where are you getting the information to do this?  If I tried to draw a complete family lineage, I'd be surprised if I came up with more than a hundred names.  All of my ancestries stop cold at either Ellis Island or the Civil War.

Much of it I had already, after about 15-20 years of work. But I got a subscription on Ancestry.com a few months which helps me search the US Census indices bigtime.

It also helps my mother alone had 27 aunts and uncles, my father had another 16 or so. Just in the family that's alive *now* there's probably 200-250 people. But yeah, it's been a lot of legwork, both my own and others in the family like my great-uncle and grandmother, who sort of brought me into being one of the keepers of the family history. Many, many hours digging through state archives, county courthouses and walking through cemetaries jotting down gravestones.

I still can't wait until my kids are old enough that they get told to go home and draw their family tree for school. Their classmates are going have to these sad little crayon scrawls with like one or two generations, and my kids are going to drop some Bayeux Tapestry-looking shit on them.

My wife and I have enough ancestors in the Civil War that I have in fact found battles where her ancestors (Yankees) were quite possibly shooting at my ancestors (Rebs), and vice versa. Thankfully, both sides must be bad shots. If I go back even further, I can find where some English ancestors were fighting Scottish ancestors (and they were themselves distantly related).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32334 on: December 21, 2010, 04:38:28 pm »

A couple of people on the Native American side of my family were killed by people on my British side. Also, I had a German great-uncle and an American grandfather, on different sides of both the family and WW2, whose divisions were at several battles together, against each other. I like to think each battle was decided by a knife fight or dance off between them.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32335 on: December 21, 2010, 05:07:32 pm »

I'm related to Jane Austen, which scores points with the awkward quiet girl crowd.  I'm also distantly related by blood to both George Bush and his wife.  Let that sink in for a minute.

Oh, also John Hunt Morgan, who led a Confederate army all the way up to Ohio.  I like to think he deposited his seed in some northern woman and that's where my bloodline begins (I like to think that, but I know that's not at all what happened)
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32336 on: December 21, 2010, 05:28:48 pm »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32337 on: December 21, 2010, 05:33:19 pm »

I'm also distantly related by blood to both George Bush and his wife.  Let that sink in for a minute.

Which Bush?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32338 on: December 21, 2010, 05:34:47 pm »

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32339 on: December 21, 2010, 05:38:36 pm »

I'm also distantly related by blood to both George Bush and his wife.  Let that sink in for a minute.

Which Bush?

W
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 2154 2155 [2156] 2157 2158 ... 13326