Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2146 2147 [2148] 2149 2150 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15862633 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #32205 on: December 19, 2010, 08:26:24 pm »

Playing a bit of Minecraft, spent an in-game week exploring, gathering materials, and found a pretty nice location to setup a real home, as my first night at the new place is drawing to a close, and after setting up some fencing and torches, and dealing with a skeleton that spawned where I least expected to while doing so; a creeper jumped my first line of defense (ran out of fence and laid some dirt blocks as a makeshift wall), I slashed it off the ledge and it blew up in mid-air. However, it drew the attention of more company.

EDIT:
Just realized. I'm really high up, I can make fences, and I have a fishing rod. :evil grin:

Backing up game just in case.

EDIT EDIT:
And a good thing I did. I accidentally fished a creeper into point-blank sans fence. Uh... oops.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
IT WORKED!!! It worked beautifully. Fishing line, some fences, and a good shot, and I can pluck away any creepers hanging out at the entryway of my sanctuary plateau. That poor creeper fell quite a distance. Now I need to go spider hunting for more line so I can actually have a bow (still lacking one) and backup fishing line made.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:05:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32206 on: December 19, 2010, 08:46:59 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:25:35 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32207 on: December 19, 2010, 08:49:35 pm »

I've only got a longsword, and it's just decorative(blunt, likely to break with a heavy impact). I'd like to get a battle-ready one with the same design, though.
Had a ninjato(decorative too) as well but my mother threw it out.

No-dachi are used as giant two handed swords ala the claymore. Odachi were used in rituals, and were sometimes made to show off the skill of the smith. Normally, they were way, way too big to be used effectively on foot (blade length close to 3 feet, or a little over,) and if they were used at all, it was on horseback (and spears were better for that application anyway.)

That one I showed was over 5 and a half. 3 feet doesn't seem that much. My sword certainly looks longer than that, and I've got no problems swinging it with my small, girly arms.

Gotta remember something, broseph. Your average Japanese dude is something like 5'3", 120ish lbs, and people have only gotten larger over time. Miyamoto Musashi was roughly 6' tall, and was generally described as "Mountainlike" or "Giant".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32208 on: December 19, 2010, 08:51:49 pm »

All I've got is a zweihander, longsword, naginata, several crossbows, and about fifteen siege engines of varying sizes and designs.

Oh, is that all?

It sounds cooler than it is. While the zweihander is an impressive six foot monstrosity, the longsword has a crack in the tang so I'm afraid to use it, the naginata has a massive crack in the shaft. The only big, capable siege engine is a fifteen foot tall trebuchet, but I don't have any good counterweights for it to actually utilize it. The other engines are small enough that the ballista could pretty much be man-handled as a crossbow.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32209 on: December 19, 2010, 09:06:03 pm »

I used to have a suburito (practice No-dachi, like a bokken,) but when my crazy ex burned all my stuff, it went on the pyre. :(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #32210 on: December 19, 2010, 09:06:30 pm »

Wow, really?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32211 on: December 19, 2010, 09:10:53 pm »

Wow, really?

Really. The only things I ever got from my sensei (my belts, certificates, and a handwritten letter from his youngest son telling me that he had passed away,) all my practice equipment (suburito, keiko-gi, hakama, a couple shinai, mma gloves and ankle supports,) all of my tourney photos, my guitar, about 800 pages of notes from my game, letters from my parents...you name it, it burned, because "I wasn't giving her my full attention." A month later, she dumped me, her mom fired me, and I was kicked out of their house, onto the streets. On christmas day. (Any wonder why I don't like the holidays?)

...This story is in the wrong thread, man.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32212 on: December 19, 2010, 09:27:39 pm »

That... that's fucked up. I imagine this happened quite a lot time ago now, and you've accepted it and moved on, but I'm still sorry to hear that. There's very, very little that I own that I have an emotional attachment to, but if it was taken from me I don't think I'd get over it myself.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32213 on: December 19, 2010, 09:28:37 pm »

5 years ago or so. Maybe longer now. I do my best to not think about any time back then. Life is better now.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #32214 on: December 19, 2010, 09:37:54 pm »

Watched inception today. It was every bit as good as I dreamed it would be.  8)

The only thing that annoyed me was the bit about the brain speeding up when you sleep. Time is actually exactly the same in a dream as when you are awake; your brain has more or less one speed due to the physics involved. Although even that was forgivable since it made such a good plot device. :D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:44:07 pm by alway »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32215 on: December 19, 2010, 10:03:54 pm »

Someone in the world, there's a drunk guy laughing his ass off at me, and a whole crowd of people who think I'm crazy.  I'm still pretty livid about the whole thing, but I have once again proven to be the luckiest son of a bitch in the world.  That's really all there is to say on the matter.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32216 on: December 19, 2010, 10:11:09 pm »

Someone in the world, there's a drunk guy laughing his ass off at me, and a whole crowd of people who think I'm crazy.  I'm still pretty livid about the whole thing, but I have once again proven to be the luckiest son of a bitch in the world.  That's really all there is to say on the matter.
You just spat in the face of deaths daughter, and are now pulling your pants up and escaping hell through an upstairs window.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32217 on: December 19, 2010, 10:13:06 pm »

You just spat in the face of deaths daughter, and are now pulling your pants up and escaping hell through an upstairs window.
I am not proud of having acquired this skill, if skill it be at all, but I am damn glad to have it.

Now I'm wondering why I had my pants down if I was spitting in Death Junior's face.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #32218 on: December 19, 2010, 10:15:14 pm »

... "Spitting"
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32219 on: December 19, 2010, 10:17:50 pm »

Where's the huge Christmas hat Aqizzar?
Pages: 1 ... 2146 2147 [2148] 2149 2150 ... 13326