Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15856990 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #32070 on: December 18, 2010, 03:09:07 am »

Reason I limit the vanish to 1 or 2 turns, I have to either find a good time to ping my target and be able to run away, or change dances that may help me further with getting a target. Dances can only do so much damage. It does help doing the dance that reduces their defenses, but that gets time consuming. Hoping for Toad or Stop is usually the preferred method.

I suppose making a dancer/monk is also a good tactic to use, since they'd pulverize their target bare-fisted or use Chakra to heal up. Now that I recall, maybe I used that combo when I used the dancer; but it was her default class/build I assigned until endgame.

I mean, by endgame, I always had a master calculator (which was also a dark knight), a dancer and a bard. The remainder were getting better in their fields. Mostly close-combat or training to be lesser calculators (with at least 1 as an orator to rob random troops of their equipment, and then throwing them naked into the fields).

Interesting.  I never tried a dancer or calculator, and only used a bard (and the various mages, to be honest) for the sake of mastering everything with Ramza (also some few useful secondary skills).  I never got around to mastering all jobs with anyone but Ramza.  My preferred team was always Orlandu + Agrias + some combination of monks, ninja, samurai, and other special characters (Beowulf and Mustadio are fun).  Brute force ftw.

Some of the harder battles (mostly early on) would be easier with other classes, I'm sure, but once Ramza has his best abilities (first Yell, later Scream) the once-tough battles become "Ramza charges his lazer while everyone else runs around like a ninny.  Then he destroys everything."  The only consistently hard battle later on is against Elmdore's assassins, but only because that 100% kill ability has very few defenses, one of which is female-only (ribbon).

Favorite secondary ability combo:  The one that soaks damage with MP plus the one that recovers MP when you walk.  If your MP is nonzero you can soak one full attack.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 03:13:59 am by Earthquake Damage »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32071 on: December 18, 2010, 03:16:27 am »

I dunno, something about a monk with Hamedo always struck me as awesome. Sure all ranges, magic and special attacks ignore it, but if some other human unit tries to mess with you they are in for a world of hurt. I never did test if Hamedo worked with a ranged weapon on other ranged characters.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32072 on: December 18, 2010, 03:29:44 am »

I dunno, something about a monk with Hamedo always struck me as awesome. Sure all ranges, magic and special attacks ignore it, but if some other human unit tries to mess with you they are in for a world of hurt. I never did test if Hamedo worked with a ranged weapon on other ranged characters.

I loved Hamedo for about five minutes.  Then I learned it ignores any named attack, such as the physical attacks of all monsters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32073 on: December 18, 2010, 03:38:35 am »

Well yeah you are not gonna be using it to fight world encounters. That ability is saved for plot battles with lots of melee fighters.

I remember having a lot of fun with reflect too, moving my characters in a way so my mages can cast spells on my own party members and have them hit some guy at twice the range spells usually have.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32074 on: December 18, 2010, 06:23:25 am »

USB + DF + Genesis + Work = Ideal fort building conditions.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32075 on: December 18, 2010, 06:39:31 am »

My family has a new cat.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #32076 on: December 18, 2010, 06:51:08 am »

Played through Penumbra: Overture, I liked the Half-Life reference with the crowbar. Going on to Black Plague now, then on to Requiem. Frictional is a great game company, but I found Amnesia a bit lacking.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32077 on: December 18, 2010, 06:54:56 am »

My family has a new cat.
Whohoo! Name?
Still a kitten?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32078 on: December 18, 2010, 06:57:27 am »

My family has a new cat.
Whohoo! Name?
Still a kitten?
Where'd you get it? Why'd you get it? Why'd you name it that? Who's your great grandfather's uncle?!
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32079 on: December 18, 2010, 07:06:00 am »

My sister got her from the RSPCA pound mostly grown a while ago, but she wasn't living with us then. She's a black cat descriptively named Blackie.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32080 on: December 18, 2010, 07:07:33 am »

You never answered my last question...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32081 on: December 18, 2010, 07:11:08 am »

Elf kitty!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32082 on: December 18, 2010, 07:27:33 am »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32083 on: December 18, 2010, 08:15:36 am »

Digging through an old hard drive, I found a picture Solifuge posted that I'd saved:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32084 on: December 18, 2010, 08:27:21 am »

Digging through an old hard drive, I found a picture Solifuge posted that I'd saved:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is f*cking brilliant! DO NOT let that ever slip off the hard drive! :D
Pure beauty there.
Pages: 1 ... 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 ... 13326