Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2120 2121 [2122] 2123 2124 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15849105 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #31815 on: December 15, 2010, 08:37:54 pm »

My condition will be debilitating, but not fatal.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31816 on: December 15, 2010, 08:41:04 pm »

So I just found out dub!Kamina voice actor guy also voices dub!Aizen from Bleach.

Hahaha

That reminds me of something that made me utterly bliss out with glee:  Alessandro Juliani.  Lt. Gaeta on Battlestar Galactica.  I have a guycrush on him, he has a beautiful singing voice, and he's the English voice actor for L in Death Note.  SQUEE  (...also, apparently he's been in every Barbie movie in the last few years) (whoa, and he was Gambit in X-Men Evolution?  SQUEE again) (And he was Kid Icarus in Captain N: The Game Master?!  Will wonders ever cease?)

My condition will be debilitating, but not fatal.
...Oh, man.  That kind of casts a different light on all our other 'happy' things.  I'm glad you'll be sticking around.  Best of luck.  :/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:00:38 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #31817 on: December 15, 2010, 08:58:33 pm »

Whoa, what condition is it that had the possibility of being either fatal or debilitating?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31818 on: December 15, 2010, 09:11:05 pm »

Oh!  The repeal of DADT passed the House again.

It did that a week or two ago and was shot down in the senate, but for valid reasons.  They had attached it to another bill with more controversial and budget-related stuff.  This bill is only a repeal of DADT, pure and simple--if it makes it through, then nobody can say that it only passed for those political reasons.  I have good feelings about it going through the senate, as long as everything else doesn't get completely stalled out (which it might).
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31819 on: December 15, 2010, 09:19:17 pm »

Whoa, what condition is it that had the possibility of being either fatal or debilitating?

Heart issues. Given my family history, it was a toss-up between guaranteed death before 20, or an inability to exert myself any more than daily stuff.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31820 on: December 15, 2010, 09:23:35 pm »

...What kind of (CAVES 1) (BUTTERING) demon of misfortune did you (AQUA YUCKYDICTA) off enough that it decided to shove a grenade up your guardian spirit of luck's (TUFT OF DONKEY COURAGE) just after it was eye-socket (hopskortl)ed with a (GUAVA BUSTING) 15 inch spiked dildo and made it its horny (POPULAR AMONG THE DWARVES) (DANCE BEETLE FILLED WITH HONEY)?

I apologize for my language, but (BUTTERING) (apple slurpee) man, that's some bad luck there.
Quote from a Ragnarok Online forum.  Has the funniest way of bleeping out foul language.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31821 on: December 15, 2010, 09:23:43 pm »

Don't worry, in the age of digital a simple office job won't be seeing you moving very much at all.  Stress would be a different issue, get a squishy ball.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31822 on: December 15, 2010, 11:00:04 pm »

YES! YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take that, Liberal Crime Squad! Where's your Nightmare now, huh? Where is it!?
Wooohooo! Alright, now...I...have...to go do the homework I've been neglecting...eh......

EDIT:
Spoiler: What the hell? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:12:26 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31824 on: December 16, 2010, 12:38:24 am »

This thread has more posts than the entire Creative Projects forum.

EDIT: Also more than Armok I and Life Advice combined.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31825 on: December 16, 2010, 01:12:29 am »

Thank God I don't work in retail.
So yeah, I had my first day in retail (A supermarket) today.

feeeet hurrrrrrt
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31826 on: December 16, 2010, 01:19:56 am »

feeeet hurrrrrrt
Haha, I remember that feeling :) You'll be having it for a while after work still :)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31827 on: December 16, 2010, 01:28:16 am »

Just remembered having seen this on Conan a few days ago. That song has been stuck in my head.

Minty, The Candy Cane that Fell on the ground

Lyrics included

feeeet hurrrrrrt
Haha, I remember that feeling :) You'll be having it for a while after work still :)
What position are you working in?

I'm not a fan of working in a supermarket or even restaurants/taverns anymore. Not my kind of environment to earn anything in. Plus, I'm not much a fan of people either. It's especially aggravating when you're asked for something that is right in front of them, or close enough by, they could've just read the sign hovering above their heads. I'm surprised no tumors formed as I worked there. Then again, that environment has rendered me nearly numb, so I couldn't tell anyway.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31828 on: December 16, 2010, 02:08:00 am »

feeeet hurrrrrrt
What position are you working in?

I'm not a fan of working in a supermarket or even restaurants/taverns anymore. Not my kind of environment to earn anything in. Plus, I'm not much a fan of people either. It's especially aggravating when you're asked for something that is right in front of them, or close enough by, they could've just read the sign hovering above their heads. I'm surprised no tumors formed as I worked there. Then again, that environment has rendered me nearly numb, so I couldn't tell anyway.
[/quote]I personally worked my ass off in the frost department. If my feet weren't hurting my hands would be from working with ice all day long with ungloved hands.

Thank god thats not my work anymore.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31829 on: December 16, 2010, 04:55:40 am »

I just finished Braid, after snagging it via the Humble Indie Bundle, and I've got to say, that game exercised my brain in ways few things have in a while. The puzzles were fun, and absolutely ingenious... they always take a fresh look at the simple mechanics each zone presents you with, and push you to think outside the box just a bit more. You may bang your head on a puzzle for a while, but when you finally see the simple elegance to it, it's incredibly rewarding.

The presentation was perfect as well, with a fantastic score, and great artwork. The story tops it all off, as an elegant deconstruction of a familiar platformer premise; saving a princess from a wicked monster. The way the last level was designed too... I just love how you can approach the same scenario from a different angle, and it can mean something completely different. Even when everything finally clicked, and I got what was going on, there were still so many layers of meaning to pull from it. You can dig into the symbolism of the game, and look at what the characters, places, and even game mechanics themselves really represented, and pull out whole new layers of meaning.

If games can be art, Braid is the closest example I've yet seen. An absolutely magnificent game... if you haven't played it yet, get it as soon as you can. You won't regret it.
Pages: 1 ... 2120 2121 [2122] 2123 2124 ... 13326