Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2096 2097 [2098] 2099 2100 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846728 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #31455 on: December 11, 2010, 11:35:38 pm »

Christmas party was alright. No family feuding, though one of my cousins was about snap and went on about how another relative becomes a violent bitch when drunk(which came nowhere near close to happening, despite her being at least mildly intoxicated). Lasted a hell of a lot longer than I anticipated, I left at about 1:30PM, only got home about 15 minutes ago(10 hours later). Also learned I can pump gas into a car while dead tired in the cold.

Played a couple games that netted us random gifts. I got a small box of candies and a tool set. Tool set is decent, but I have to ask, is a magnetic screwdriver(the kind where the heads are kept on by a magnet) safe to use inside a computer?

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
Awesome how the guy behind you is just standing there with such a stupid grin on his face.

@News of TES5: Cool. I thought I heard it'd be Summerset, though. In Oblivion, some of the stuff you hear is about how Summerset was blocking Imperial trade.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31456 on: December 11, 2010, 11:45:44 pm »

Tried beer for the first time today. A pale ale, and a really dark, bitter beer. Personally, I preferred the pale ale, and could imagine downing a glass of that.

EDIT: Also it's my birthday tomorrow and on tuesday I should be walking again!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 11:53:04 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #31457 on: December 11, 2010, 11:56:00 pm »

TES continuation, awesome. Skyrim, also awesome. Dragons, fucking awesome.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31458 on: December 11, 2010, 11:59:32 pm »

Tried beer for the first time today. A pale ale, and a really dark, bitter beer. Personally, I preferred the pale ale, and could imagine downing a glass of that.

Beer, beer, beer...

Protip: when you go to a disco bar, ask for beer. It's the only drink likely to NOT have been adulterated with cheap booze.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31459 on: December 12, 2010, 12:03:34 am »

Point to note: For all it's rote fantasy trappings, Morrowind being the only real exception to that, and all the lip-service it has paid to dragons, they have never actually appeared in an Elder Scrolls game.  Daggerfall had "dragonlings" and a glitched out dragon-model that existed only in data, but that's it.  I had the same surprise at the trailer, but that "dragon" was just imagery, who knows if there will be actual dragons.

I'm also really curious if this is genuinely a "fifth" game, wherein you make a character, or another game like Redguard or Battlespire that's a more traditional RPG with a character handed to you, given the front-and-center nature and definite look of the "Dragonborn" guy.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31460 on: December 12, 2010, 12:09:32 am »

I'm also really curious if this is genuinely a "fifth" game, wherein you make a character, or another game like Redguard or Battlespire that's a more traditional RPG with a character handed to you, given the front-and-center nature and definite look of the "Dragonborn" guy.
Hinting aside, we don't know for sure if the Dragonborn is our PC. Hell, Martin Septim was the real protagonist of Oblivion, all you did was help him save the world by sacrificing himself. Even if the Dragonborn is our PC, that doesn't mean the protagonist will look like the one in the trailer: The PC of Morrowind was supossidly the reincarnation of Neverar, but could be any race. Hmm. Now that I think about it, there's a bit of a theme in misleading player characters in the Elder Scrolls games.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #31461 on: December 12, 2010, 12:11:58 am »

Point to note: For all it's rote fantasy trappings, Morrowind being the only real exception to that, and all the lip-service it has paid to dragons, they have never actually appeared in an Elder Scrolls game.  Daggerfall had "dragonlings" and a glitched out dragon-model that existed only in data, but that's it.  I had the same surprise at the trailer, but that "dragon" was just imagery, who knows if there will be actual dragons.
Exactly why I'm excited for this, dragons are finally going to make an appearance. It's rather unlikely that there will be no dragons, considering the fact that it said "the only one that could stand up to them" or something.

I'm kind of curious who's narrating though...

Oh, and just because they give you a name to your guy (or girl, really), doesn't mean you can't make your own character, if they're vague enough in the backstory or whatever else there is. Hell, "Dragonborn" is more of a title anyway. We don't even have a guarantee that Dragonborn is the PC, like MSH said.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #31462 on: December 12, 2010, 12:12:18 am »

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear that your buttocks have come off, and you are in great pain. Wrong thread, but my condolences nonetheless.

My boss' boss came in today, and proceeded to yell at me that my sales were 14% higher than the rest of the region, that I was doing a good job, to keep up the good work, and handed me $40 worth of Olive Garden gift cards. He then stormed out of the building, confusing the hell out of all the regular employees. He's so cool. ^_^
That is incredible. What do you work in, retail?

I'm happy because my team did an amazing job at the Math Team State Competition, wherein we didn't do anywhere nearly as badly as predicted. We didn't place by a long shot, but we did extremely well for being the 'wildcard'. (The team that didn't qualify yet was chosen to go anyway.) Our team isn't all that great, but by next year we should be ready to go to the next level.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #31463 on: December 12, 2010, 12:17:51 am »

OTTD multiplayer I've been hosting from Other Games section has been going quite well. At one point there were 14 on simultaneously! :D

Zyzarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31464 on: December 12, 2010, 12:29:27 am »

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear that your buttocks have come off, and you are in great pain. Wrong thread, but my condolences nonetheless.

Now I'm rolling on the floor laughing so hard I pissed my pants.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31465 on: December 12, 2010, 12:30:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this setup nets me 1.8mil per train

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31466 on: December 12, 2010, 12:31:50 am »

What is that game
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31467 on: December 12, 2010, 12:33:05 am »

Open Transport Tycoon Delux~~~~~~

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #31468 on: December 12, 2010, 12:33:29 am »

Last thing I read about it on UESP Howard made it sound like it was going to be a real TES game.

Man, I hope they learned their lesson on those.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31469 on: December 12, 2010, 12:36:50 am »

Open Transport Tycoon Delux~~~~~~

NO MEANS NO JAPA.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 2096 2097 [2098] 2099 2100 ... 13326