Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2086 2087 [2088] 2089 2090 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15850219 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #31305 on: December 10, 2010, 06:08:10 pm »

Yes? I do like to read. Its ever so good knowing that I can read things that are meant for adults like diskworld and understand them at the age of 15. I always was good at reading...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31306 on: December 10, 2010, 06:08:40 pm »

Well thanks guys. I enjoyed it :3

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31307 on: December 10, 2010, 06:13:15 pm »

Yes? I do like to read. Its ever so good knowing that I can read things that are meant for adults like diskworld and understand them at the age of 15. I always was good at reading...
"Adult" books(Adult, not smut) are actually rather easy to read and comprehend. It's just that they are either heavily embedded with symbolism or are just boring. Except Stephen King books, which made me hit puberty with all sorts of bizarre questions.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31308 on: December 10, 2010, 06:19:16 pm »

Yes, I was concerned with the whole 'Adult' meaning smut. I did once read dune, while I could get the plot there was areas that I truely didn't get the joke or truely understand. Which is why I want to understand, I have a inquistive mind. Why did he say that or what is the joke behind that? Its those questions I want to find an answer to.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31309 on: December 10, 2010, 06:33:46 pm »

Nethack made me happy today. Started a dwarven valkyrie, got to xp level 5, had six fountains to dip my sword into for Excalibur, and all but the last dry up with no effect but rust. The last fountain gave me a water demon, who in turn gave me a wish. Blessed fixed +2 Frost Brand, screw Excalibur (I also got Excalibur from that fountain, and now I am bemoaning the inability to #twoweapon artifacts). I also got two xp levels (from 9 to 11) from a cursed scroll of genocide (hello krakens 1-6, die for me now). Got poison resistance, telepathy, cleaned out a couple vaults, ID'd rings of conflict, regeneration, polymorph control(!), and fire resistance.

Now all I need is holy water for my uncursed scroll of genocide, and a magic marker for my four uncursed and one cursed (destined for genocide) unlabeled scrolls.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 06:35:19 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31310 on: December 10, 2010, 06:35:18 pm »

Cool, Now go for a zen playthrough >:)
*Hugs*

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31311 on: December 10, 2010, 06:36:01 pm »

I've never ascended.

EDIT: And there's the holy water.

Wiped out all liches. Wiped out all demiliches. Wiped out all master liches. Wiped out all arch-liches.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 06:38:29 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31312 on: December 10, 2010, 06:36:34 pm »

I have a hard time reading posts about people reading books because it always sounds like pretentious typing and that they're just doing it to look smart.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31313 on: December 10, 2010, 06:40:11 pm »

Bleh... Please note that I am tired at the moment and I was really trying not to sound dumb in any way. I get enough of that at school.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31314 on: December 10, 2010, 06:42:07 pm »

Ochita, your avatar makes me inexplicably happy. Where is it from it is so cute. I vaguely recognise it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31315 on: December 10, 2010, 06:46:47 pm »

Rin Len or something.  A vocaloid.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 06:49:23 pm by ToonyMan »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31316 on: December 10, 2010, 07:30:19 pm »

An anthropologist translating and retelling Hamlet, in a storytelling circle with the Tiv people of West Africa. Hilarity ensued.

"Universal appeal" my ass. :P

Quote from: Shakespeare in the Bush, by Laura Bohannan
...the old man made soothing noises and himself poured me some more beer. “You tell the story well, and we are listening. But it is clear that the elders of your country have never told you what the story really means. No, don’t interrupt! We believe you when you say your marriage customs are different, or your clothes and weapons. But people are the same everywhere; therefore, there are always witches and it is we, the elders, who know how witches work. We told you it was the great chief who wished to kill Hamlet, and now your own words have proved us right. Who were Ophelia’s male relatives?”

“There were only her father and her brother.” Hamlet was clearly out of my hands.

“Listen,” said the elder, “and I will tell you how it was and how your story will go, then you may tell me if I am right. Polonius knew his son would get into trouble, and so he did. He had many fines to pay for fighting, and debts from gambling. But he had only two ways of getting money quickly. One was to marry off his sister at once, but it is difficult to find a man who will marry a woman desired by the son of a chief. For if the chief’s heir commits adultery with your wife, what can you do? Only a fool calls a case against a man who will someday be his judge. Therefore Laertes had to take the second way: he killed his sister by witchcraft, drowning her so he could secretly sell her body to the witches.”

I raised an objection. “They found her body and buried it. Indeed Laertes jumped into the grave to see his sister once more—so, you see, the body was truly there. Hamlet, who had just come back, jumped in after him.”

“What did I tell you?” The elder appealed to the others. “Laertes was up to no good with his sister’s body. Hamlet prevented him, because the chief’s heir, like a chief, does not wish any other man to grow rich and powerful. Laertes would be angry, because he would have killed his sister without benefit to himself. In our country he would try to kill Hamlet for that reason. Is this not what happened?”

“More or less,” I admitted.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31317 on: December 10, 2010, 08:32:00 pm »

So I just learned that the substitute Sensei got while he was at his mother's funeral is a Canadian.
What's up with me and people/things from Canada?
It's like they're telling me 'ein, you must visit the frozen wastes to the north of Minnesota…'

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31318 on: December 10, 2010, 08:33:01 pm »

So I just learned that the substitute Sensei got while he was at his mother's funeral is a Canadian.
It's like they're telling me 'ein, you must visit the frozen wastes to the north of Minnesota…'
Minnesota isn't frozen wastes?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #31319 on: December 10, 2010, 08:33:14 pm »

It's like they're telling me 'ein, you must visit the frozen wastes to the north of Minnesota, Eh…'
Fix'd.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 2086 2087 [2088] 2089 2090 ... 13326